2003 GT for £5000?

GranTurismoEra

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It has 4 owners, 3 of which were same family (father/son combo). I spoke to the guy yesterday evening. He came across as a salesman and a bit pushy. It currently has private plates on. I was just wondering if you would pay 5k for a 2003 GT 83k miles. When there are others (2004) going for less

The alloy wheels are new, but ive seen them for £500 quid so shouldnt really be a factor on price tbh lol. But from the MOT history it does have a leaking shock which hasnt been fixed and pads will need doing soon. I got hold of the plates he sent and the history looks ok 1 fail from new on lambda, no big deal, no constant failures etc

He also couldnt tell me his best offer....this is the second listing as it didnt sell last time

I will ask him regarding service history etc as there is no mention of that which probably means it hasnt got full history.

Done an average of 7-8k miles a year from new. Thanks in advance

ps suppose not gd to judge but this ones in Essex, i wouldnt buy a car from certain areas ie birmingham or east london :lol:

Edited by GranTurismoEra

i would not spend 5K on a 2003 350Z GT, with 83,000 on the clock.

no way,

i sold my 2005 350Z with 70,00o on the clock for 4k

and went and bought a late 2004 350Z GT with 72 on the clock for 4K in 2014

and 6 months later traded in the 350Z and got 4K trade in on it lol

i wound not give more than £4500 for it with the wheels.

Edited by MrMartinPGrant
  • Like 1

Seems ok to me, dont forget it's 13 years old! Just have a few quid put aside.

Exactly. 5k is nothing compared to what you'll be shelling out over 2/3 years for petrol and the multitudinous repairs/ replacements the car will need.

no way,

Tbh you ripped yourself off there. My friend just sold his 05 gt with 70odd. K on it and got 6.5k

He couldnt tell you his best offer? Your the buyer buddy, I dont get this, whats the lowest you will take business, make him an offer of what you want to pay, thats kind of how buying and selling works. Personally not seen many gt's for sale that low, check the zeds for sale page on here for price comparisons.

I would also say, i wouldnt be making any offers on any car until i was stood right next to it, with the cash in my pocket after being for a test drive.

Edited by Jetpilot

no way,

I'd suggest these are fairly exceptional figs unless the price of them has moved since 2014?

I spent a very long time looking for a Z and found nothing even close to what you're saying, anything around the 4/4.5k mark had sky high mileage, lack of history, shocking bodywork, cat D/C or something equally unattractive

• Like 2

no way,

I'd suggest these are fairly exceptional figs unless the price of them has moved since 2014?

I spent a very long time looking for a Z and found nothing even close to what you're saying, anything around the 4/4.5k mark had sky high mileage, lack of history, shocking bodywork, cat D/C or something equally unattractive

Thats what i was saying he could have easily sold his for 6+

no way,

i think this might be a N.Ireland thing, or just random luck for me, i might have been buying from dealers when they drop the prices to get rid of the cars, i always managed to get up to a grand of what they advertise for so far.

Edited by MrMartinPGrant

guys the Zs here are not selling that dear here, i know because ive bought two 350Zs and i gave £19,000 for my 2011 370 GT edition with 17,000 on the clock in 2015, all cars had service history.

edit - i meant bought in jan 2015

Edited by MrMartinPGrant

guys the Zs here are not selling that dear here, i know because ive bought two 350Zs and i gave £19,000 for my 2011 370 GT edition with 17,000 on the clock in 2015, all cars had service history.

edit - i meant bought in jan 2015

Is'nt the tax sky high in N.Ireland tho or is that just Ireland? Could be why the cars go cheaper there?

no way,

These are few of the cars where the price varies considerably. a lot of traders are selling 2005's with 60-90k miles at 6500 to 8000. GT usually. Non GT still commands a 6k asking price. privately its all over. Theres a white one thats been slightly modified guy wants 6995....

Yesterday i saw a black one 2004 96k miles for 5k orange leather 7 owners......guy had it a month and didnt bother checking insurance prices so has sorned it,...

4k youre a mad man, I would have happily taken that off you for 5 and a bit........

He couldnt tell you his best offer? Your the buyer buddy, I dont get this, whats the lowest you will take business, make him an offer of what you want to pay, thats kind of how buying and selling works. Personally not seen many gt's for sale that low, check the zeds for sale page on here for price comparisons.

I would also say, i wouldnt be making any offers on any car until i was stood right next to it, with the cash in my pocket after being for a test drive.

Im going to see it tomorrow regardless of if the mechanic shows up and make an offer after the inspection is done, and hes the one quoting 5300, but i havent made him any offer. Like someone said I dont think its worth more than 5k at the very best.

Bank transfer only, no cash on me, i made it clear to him too,

These are few of the cars where the price varies considerably.

I will agree to disagree there, all decent ones are mostly advertised and sell for the same sort of money, anything else will be a lottery if you ask me from my brief experience during 3 years of ownership and 2 zeds, the price hasnt really changed much since i was looking for my first one.

They can be found cheaper of course and if your in luck the owner may be desperate for some money and you get a bargain, but anything i looked at under £6000 was a dog of some description, poor bodywork/good mechanics or vice versa, i paid just over £5k for my first one but it needed a clutch.

Just go in with your eyes open, if it needs pads it may well need discs if they are badly lipped, £500 all round, tyres £500...

These are few of the cars where the price varies considerably.

I will agree to disagree there, all decent ones are mostly advertised and sell for the same sort of money, anything else will be a lottery if you ask me from my brief experience during 3 years of ownership and 2 zeds, the price hasnt really changed much since i was looking for my first one.

They can be found cheaper of course and if your in luck the owner may be desperate for some money and you get a bargain, but anything i looked at under £6000 was a dog of some description, poor bodywork/good mechanics or vice versa, i paid just over £5k for my first one but it needed a clutch.

Just go in with your eyes open, if it needs pads it may well need discs if they are badly lipped, £500 all round, tyres £500...

There another one i found closer to home 5 miles instead of 70 just serviced and had the clutch changed, its going for 5400, non GT 2005 100,000 miles,

back to the original one he said pads will need doing in another 1000 miles, disc and pads ive seen for 299 and can get them done at a local for 50 -60 quid depending on how hungry the guy is, tyres are fresh just put on with those rims, car was serviced recently so the recommendations will be there, hopefully the inspection will bring up any thing else..... believe me my eyes have never been opened wider. this one has 5 owners, 3 from the same family whos selling it now, ill be the 6th

http://www.autotrade...issan&logcode=p

I called the guy he said they are trying to arrange finance for one guy, so if it comes back boxes ticked its gone, Its been there for a about 4 weeks, its the DE 2005 engine with 2006 reg apparently full service history new clutch etc. Guy sounded fed up :lol: ,

Edited by GranTurismoEra

no way,

These are few of the cars where the price varies considerably. a lot of traders are selling 2005's with 60-90k miles at 6500 to 8000. GT usually. Non GT still commands a 6k asking price. privately its all over. Theres a white one thats been slightly modified guy wants 6995....

Yesterday i saw a black one 2004 96k miles for 5k orange leather 7 owners......guy had it a month and didnt bother checking insurance prices so has sorned it,...

4k youre a mad man, I would have happily taken that off you for 5 and a bit........

i should buy cheap Zs here and ship them over to you guys lol

+ profit haha

Edited by MrMartinPGrant