2003 GT for £5000?

GranTurismoEra

lol, well i went ahead and bought it, Inspector said car is in good condition for age, and also clutch is fine, its around the same as my civic just above half way, TBH my civic was one of those adjustable depending on how you drive ones, Hopefully it holds up. different car though, if i drive like daisy should do

Interior did have slight marks but im thinking of getting bits repainted or wrapped not a biggie,

Body work had ball point pen sized dints not too many, I left him to get on with his inspection and kept the seller busy chatting away. Funds didnt clear till midnight, lesson learnt on that front,

I was able to knock him down a little so got it for little over 5k, slightly above what i though i could knock him down to. But i can see the guy has spent money on it, and isnt exactly struggling for funds. wheels alone costs close to 900 pounds.they are new

it will need pads in the next 500 1000 miles, discs are fine, car drives good and soaks up bumps well, exhaust isnt loud at idle, but is crackles and pops at start up and on high revs, neighbours will love me, its a japtech full stainless

Just had a 300 pound service and check up, full service history and good mot history.

He even took us out for lunch while we waited for the bank to clear the funds, seemed a genuine guy, proper character,

Touchwood eh....lets see how long this 350 fling lasts, goes like the wind, seeing as i dont do many miles, and i keep my cars serviced and looked after, im sure the value will be ok when it comes to selling

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, waiting game and keeping eyes peeled, if you are looking for a stock one im sure youll find one with a good mileage, good history, finding one with less than 3 4 owners for the price you are looking for is tough.

The usual places this forum, autotrader, ebay, gumtree....piston heads.....

I didndt want to pay 6k for an 04 tbh

What year are you looking for? 2005 GT 70k? They go for 7k dont they?

Saying that I did want a Type R, possibly next car, ill see, I like the Ep3 and FN2

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Can I just ask where you guys are finding these cars? I can't find anything with under 70k miles and a GT for less than like £8000

Whatever you look at, check the gear changes are smooth, especially 5th and 6th gear.

Seems pre 2006 synchros are made of chocolate 😕

Edited by fishfire

That's a good price to be fair!

I picked up mine back in September last year for £5k, the guy wanted £5500. It's a 53 plate with GT pack on 92k - full service history - pretty good condition on the outside - bit of wear on the drivers seat and needs two new tyres in a few months but other than that its perfect. The only mod was an exhaust system which was perfect as I wanted a pretty standard one.

yeah mine had fresh tyres new alloys full history but many owners lol, 3 from same family, i purchased of 40 year old guy who got it off a 50 year old guy, lipped disc and pads need changing in front, grooved disc were 119 quid and pads were 29 quid, gona get them fitted with a guy ive been going to for 7 years only for £30 quid prolly tip him another 15 on top, part of my tab! Well you cant have everything eh, something has to give.

This one has 83k miles, all fun so far

speaking of gearbox, its not a supple one like the civic 56 plate, but its fine for now

Exhaust is nice, burbles and crackles, then pops at the limiter.. lol

I come into my area in neutral, lol

Edited by GranTurismoEra