Any heavy readers out there

andybp

as per the title I read a lot usually a couple of books a week I started when I was in the MOD we had a lot of free time on our hands only actually worked about 3 months of the year but I've been addicted ever since I have 3 kindles one goes to work with me , one in the house the last stays in my gym I only read Fantasy/Sci Fi not interested in the real world I read to escape it been reading a lot of military Sci Fi and Steampunk lately I tend to read Authors as opposed to types of book it used to be older Sci-Fi Asimov, Heinlein ,Herbert,Edgar Rice Burroughs luckily I've found new stuff to read as they're all dead any new suggestions welcome :)

If you can sway away from the sci fi. I've been reading the Clive Cussler - Dirk Pitt adventures.

Fairly easy going. But enjoyable yarns. Only 2 have ever been made into films. Sahara and raise the titanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If you can sway away from the sci fi. I've been reading the Clive Cussler - Dirk Pitt adventures.

Fairly easy going. But enjoyable yarns. Only 2 have ever been made into films. Sahara and raise the titanic.

Thanks just had a quick look might give it a try :)

I read my first Clive Cussler book last week ............ dear god it was dire - one of the only books I haven't been able to finish

Jeffrey Deaver if you enjoy complex plotted thrillers - Lincoln Rhyme is his main character -some fabulous reads.

I also enjoy Michael Connelly and his Harry Bosch crime series.

Currently about to start Mark Webber's Formula 1 story.

David

Edited by Tinyflier

I read my first Clive Cussler book last week ............ dear god it was dire - one of the only books I haven't been able to finish

Which one? Some are better than others!!

Which one? Some are better than others!!

The eye of heaven :yawn:

The Inheritance Trilogy is a good read for escaping to another world. They based the film 'Eragon' off the first book but the film was disgustingly awful and is in no way a marker for the quality of the written piece. Give it a go!

Jim Butcher - The Dresden Files (16 books so far)

Jim Butcher - the Cinder Spires series (steampunk)

Ben Aaronovitch - PC Grant series (first is called Rivers Of London

Simon Morden - Samuel Petrovitch Trilogy

Charles Stross - The Laundry Files