Varis Carbon Lip - fitted and after thoughts

Chris`I

Right, well I think the cat is well and truely out of the bag, I'm now the proud owner of the lovely Varis carbon lip for the Zed (yup that one all the guys on the OC want :p )

Phil sourced this for me in excellent time, only a few days after my trip to his premesis. Came very well packed and the quality of it is amazing. Phil told me that the fit would be excellent, and I was blown away with it. Even offering it upto the bumper with no screws in place it fit very neatly. Once all the screws were in there are no gaps, 100% smooth meeting with the bumper all the way round. I can see why this cost what it does now :thumbs:

Fitting was pretty easy, hardest parts were getting my 4yr old bolts undone (GT85 to the rescue!) and then doing them up again! LOL

So piccies:

All packed up:

IMG_6623_small.jpg

Out the packing:

IMG_6625_small.jpg

Yup, its authentic!

IMG_6639_small.jpg

Weave close up:

IMG_6626_small.jpg

Poor car falling apart:

IMG_6629_small.jpg

Test fit:

IMG_6636_small.jpg

Real fit:

IMG_6643_small.jpg

Out and about:

IMG_6655_small.jpg

Will post more piccies tomorrow when shes clean and the weather is hopefully better :thumbs:

Very very happy with it and the looks, just need the other planned mods to finish it off!

Hmmmm...

This site will be the death of me. Well, maybe thats a bit harsh, it might only bankcrupt me :wacko:

Do you know if they do the same design in Urethane? I think on an azure car it would look better in the body paint.

Not sure they do, but CF is the way forward, see Phil/ESR demo car:

bigphil1xl1.jpg

B)

Schwing..... Lookin good :D

I think Varis mainly deal in Carbon so I dont think they do a Urethane or Fiberglass.. But am sure that someone may have copied such a great design...

Love the way it rises in the centre....

Question, does it fit under the undertray or between the undertray and the bumper?

Phil/ESR demo car:

bigphil1xl1.jpg

Is there a different bonnet on this car or is it just the lighting that makes it look like its got a bit of a bulge between the two grooves on the bonnet?

That is with the standard bonnet, as of yesterday it now has a new Varis one.

That is with the standard bonnet, as of yesterday it now has a new Varis one.

Get out my thread :rant:

J/K buddy, looks good, but I've been told in no uncertain terms that a CF bonnet is not going on my car, and I like my dangly bits enough not to go againt that :thumbs: