Just drove the v8 mustang

Bodyboarder81

Just drove this

A49A2BE2-1A16-4307-8F96-301E60F8BA4E_zpsujpjzw38.jpg

Mainly out of curiosity , as its in my price range for my next car .

I'll be pretty blunt ..... It was crap ! The interior build quality wasn't even on par with my Nissan xtrail, and I would say not loads different from my old HR zed ! Fake leather stitching on the binincle ( plastic ) , hard plastic everywhere , switch gear was tacky.

Now the engine ..... Not blown away either . Didn't feel that quick , only revs to 6.5 k and sounds pretty pants for a v8 , although I'm sure a good exhaust could solve this .

On the road it felt very very heavy , didn't really like to change direction without a wallowy feel . Brakes were well over servoed , on or off , no peddle feel what so every .

The only thing this car has got going for it is its looks and price bracket for a new car . Once all the hyp has gone and there are a few around in a year or so time I reckon these will be an absolute bargain , because I can see them loosing big money pretty quick .

Would I wait 9-12'months for one ?

Er .... No thanks

Edited by Bodyboarder81
  • Like 2

The main question on everyones minds is did they let you go out alone... :D

No .... But I had a 19 year old sat with me .... And he didn't say a lot :)

Gave it full throttle to the ( very low ) red line in 2nd and 3rd and thought " oh was that it "

That was my main gripe with the DE, the red line came round very quickly. I might just test drive one for fun too then!

Kinda my views , I thought the interior was shocking as well but yes they are cheap but in a few years they will indeed be bargains, provided you are happy with the rattles and bangs .

You work for jez?

Yep I do

• Like 1

I drove one a couple of weeks ago and thought the exact same. It felt huge and a tad under powered. I drove a 370z nismo about an hour later and bought it there and then. Yeah it's not the fastest car in the world but it felt a lot nicer to drive than the mustang.

• Like 1