Quad Pipes!

RorySolow

Thought I'd share my latest tweak to my 350z - a custom, stainless cat-back system with quad exits.

Unlike so many quad exit mods, I've tried to keep this one looking subtle and smart. Had to do a small bumper cut to fit the new pipes in, but all looks tidy.

Starting from the cats, I've added a custom Y-pipe, removed the middle resonator and replaced the rear muffler with something smaller. I've noticed a massive increase in torque at high RPMs, and the sound is just marvellous.

Thanks to styledynamics.co.uk for help building the thing.

Would welcome your opinions!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Brings back memories of an old thread a couple of years ago.

Anyone remember this ?.

Like what you have done though mate but as others have said lets see a rear view photo from ground level.

exhaust_zps2cuqodxh.jpg

Edited by Payco
  • Like 6

How massive is the torque increase?

Hard to tell as I am only going on feeling... but flooring it on to a motorway feels like a 5-10% increase. I'll do a Terraclean and ECU remap next month and see if I can squeeze another 5% out, then hit the Dyno :teeth:

You won't really gain any torque at high revs, but you will be gaining power. I reckon that's what you're feeling more than anything. :)

I like it, normally not a fan of quads but they're the perfect size, good effort that man :thumbs:

Anyone remember this ?.

Like what you have done though mate but as others have said lets see a rear view photo from ground level.

exhaust_zps2cuqodxh.jpg

This is what inspired me in the first place. I was going to go for a 12 pipe setup, but could only afford 4! :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Anyone remember this ?.

exhaust_zps2cuqodxh.jpg

This is what inspired me in the first place. I was going to go for a 12 pipe setup, but could only afford 4! :lol: :lol:

That would have lead to ban I feel.
  • Like 1

You won't really gain any torque at high revs, but you will be gaining power. I reckon that's what you're feeling more than anything. :)

I like it, normally not a fan of quads but they're the perfect size, good effort that man :thumbs:

Well, technically you can't gain power at a given RPM without gaining torque :p

I quite like the quad pipes - nice work :)

Anyone remember this ?.

exhaust_zps2cuqodxh.jpg

few years ago? it was only about september last year haha! was deffo after the wales trip lol! i still got the PS i done on my computer here haha

• Like 1

aagh, thanks Bradders. Remember i just thought it was further back than that. Great thread at the time. Do you not fancy driving down to the meet this Sunday ?.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Anyone remember this ?.

exhaust_zps2cuqodxh.jpg

That would have lead to ban I feel.

Just to be absolutely clear, I was joking...