Coupe or Roadster

Vinny73

Hi all

I have the option of a very nice low miles (<17000) 2011 Coupe, in the colour combo I really like, but need to move fast, when I was really looking for a Roadster, which seem to be hard to come by (seen a few in less than great condition for the money).

Battling with the idea of the Coupe now, would I regret Coupe ownership over a Roadster just on the one has a roof one doesn't side of things?

Edited by Vinny73

In all honesty only you can answer that question, it's purely down to personal preference. What do you want out of the car?

Roadsters will be difficult to get hold of as there are not many and they stopped distributing them in the uk a few years ago.

The one thing I would say though is don't feel rushed into a decision, make sure you find the car right for you.

Coupe all day every day for me.

The roadsters look bloody awful roof up, and a bit awkward with the roof down.

They also tend to leak and give horrendous road noise. Just my 2p.

He's asking about the 370 not the 350. I e never heard of a 370 leaking.

And I'm not sure I'd call the roadster awkward ;)

Ullapool_zps8xxierr7.jpg

IMG_2417_zps89decfde.jpg

• Like 3

Consider how often we have nice, warm, sunny weather when you would have the roof down and how often the weather in this country is cold, wet,miserable and crappy and you would wish you had a proper, warm, dry and quiet roof and there is your answer ....:)

In all honesty only you can answer that question, it's purely down to personal preference. What do you want out of the car?

Roadsters will be difficult to get hold of as there are not many and they stopped distributing them in the uk a few years ago.

The one thing I would say though is don't feel rushed into a decision, make sure you find the car right for you.

Hi Will, that's the thing they are hard to find in decent condition it seems. At the same time as not rushing, missing out on a good Coupe could be the result of taking additional time to find a Roadster.

What I want out of a 370Z is a bit more fun than I get out of my BMW 330M Sport, which for a 2004 car is in great condition and a fun drive, but the extra ~100 bhp should see any 370Z provide a bit more fun :-)

Coupe all day every day for me.

The roadsters look bloody awful roof up, and a bit awkward with the roof down.

They also tend to leak and give horrendous road noise. Just my 2p.

I love the look of the 370Z Roadster, roof up or down :-) It leaks a lot when the roof is down.

• Like 1

Consider how often we have nice, warm, sunny weather when you would have the roof down and how often the weather in this country is cold, wet,miserable and crappy and you would wish you had a proper, warm, dry and quiet roof and there is your answer .... :)

Hah, I had considered that. I've considered what wet weather gear to wear whilst driving roof down.

Coupe for me love the shape but I do like roadster in that blue colour sorry don't know the proper colour

Besides I live in Essex so weather rubbish and nuttas with Stanley knifes love a good roof slashing so that's my reason for coupe 😀

One day I would like to purchase one of the below

CC869674-97E2-4C60-910D-DDE2A3B34F75_zps6w0rudu6.jpg

40CD9CE5-BAF6-4B65-9D27-D4865C392563_zpsky1cgfdf.jpg

Edited by Wizza2000

There is a blue roadster with lower miles available, but Im personally not that keen on that type of blue. It's the grey or black for me. THere's a red one too, but looks a bit odd in red a roadster, not sure why (considering I once had a red TVR griffith)

Coupe looks better I General, however, if you specifically want a roadster 😄. I bought a roadster because that's what I wanted, top down motoring. I think the roadster does look awkward with the roof up, but down 👌.

Re the comment about the UK weather - you'd be surprised how often you can use it, I have mine out loads. . . . . . . . . . And I live oooooop North where it's freezin ðŸ˜

All roadsters eventually leak? That's like saying all cars eventually break down 😄😄

• Like 2

"They also tend to leak ...."

What I'm saying is ALL roadsters eventually leak, especially soft tops.

Thanks for the clarification as that significantly changes your statement, even though I'd dispute that too. Let's not put people off with random statements.

One thing I would say however is if you are going for a roadster look for any wearing on the roof material around the Windows. If there is any sign of wear or contact between the fabric and the window itself walk away. It's a known issue on some cars and cannot really be fixed 100%.

good luck with the zed hunt

• Like 2

My 350 roadster is my weekend car and noisy sunny day blast

If I was looking for a 350/370 as a daily mile muncher then I would go coupe

Personally, I think both look good as roadsters, funny really, prefer the look of the 370 top up and 350 top down

Rob

• Like 1

If you set out to get a roadster then get a coupe, there WILL be one day, when the sun is out, and someone goes past in a roadster with the roof down and you are in a hot sweaty box.

It was the thought I had when I was impatiently waiting for a "goodun" to turn up, I just knew I would kick myself for not holding out.

Yea the sun don't always shine, but when it does.... It'll put a massive smile on your face...

And if you want some sun, you can't beat a drive through the Alps to southern France and Italy. :-)

Edited by 350zroadsterGT
  • Like 2

I bought a Roadster around a year ago and a lot of my friends didn't really like the car when I first got it, but once they have been out with the roof down they love it. You can have the roof down a lot if you're happy to wear a hat!

As someone mentioned check the roof for wear around the doors, mine had a new roof 6 months before I bought it.

All roadsters leak eventually :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well yeah, but that's like saying that all coupes rot away eventually. Unless you're owning the car for the next 30 years, I can't see it being an issue.

If you want a ragtop, get a ragtop. If you're not fussed, buy the better car in terms of price, condition, spec etc.