New member looking to buy.

Hi, this is my first post after much research on the 350Z which i have now decided is the car for me. Ive had my current car, a MK1 MR2 for nearly 4 years now and the time has come to treat myself with a new car.

Due to my new job being only a mile away the 350Z jumped to the top of the list of potential cars. No need for a diesel :thumbs:

I'm going to have roughly 16-17k to hopefully get a average milage 2003 GT spec.

I was a littled confused on what exactly made a GT after seeing non GT's with big brembos so popped into the local nissan garage for abit of info. I came home though feeling abit put off as the salesman seemed to be trying to put me of. Telling my its 1k for a single Rays alloy if i damage one, £160 per tyre. And along with a loan it'll cost me around £400 a month to insure, tax and pay for not to mention servicing costs, fuel etc.. Not sure if its because i turned up in a 20 year old car or because i'm only 24 and look 20, either way i'll be getting a 350Z.

I look forward to spending time on the forum gathering info and hopefully it wont be to long before i have myself a 350.

Welcome to the site. :thumbs:

Ignore the dealer. TBH, they just can't afford one themselves......

Rays wheels are about £700 each from a dealer, but you can pick up full sets on eBay in good condition from £300 up. ;) As for tyres, the standard ones aren't the best, and you can get a full set for £500 upwards. It is not an expensive car to run given the performance. :)

Use the search facility for things like service costs etc. In summary, it is no different to having a Nissan 4x4. ;):)

Any questions you can't find answers to, fire away! :thumbs:

Hi bud and welcome. The last person to ask about the Zed is the dealer. They dont have a lot of knowledge and the one they have is always the best for whetever reason they think of that day.

You have a very realistic budget and should have no problem getting what you want.

Dont know what is for sale on here at the moment but as with everything its getting the right one.

Any questions then ask away ;)

Hi and welcome,

£17K should get you a good example, average mileage 2004 GT-Spec car. I bought a 54-plate in October with 30,000 miles for £17,650 and I don't think that was particularly cheap.

I've not experienced running costs anywhere near what the dealer has told you.

When choosing, think carefully about the colour. GM for instance is common as muck but no one ever spots you ;)

Hi and welcome,

£17K should get you a good example, average mileage 2004 GT-Spec car. I bought a 54-plate in October with 30,000 miles for £17,650 and I don't think that was particularly cheap.

When choosing, think carefully about the colour. GM for instance is common as muck but no one ever spots you ;)

:boxing:

But it is metallic! :p

I think that is a GT-Spec, its got the Brembos, Cruise, electric leather seats and it looks like the Bose 6-disc stereo (I'm not sure what the standard car stereo looks like though, it could be the same fascia for all I know).

The only alarm bell that rings with this car is the fact that its an 04 car and its only done 5000 miles. If that was 50,000 miles I think it would be about right.

Lets face it, how can someone have a Zed for 3 years and not drive it more than 5000-miles? Not impossible but pretty implausible!

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for JF04 ZZZ are:

Date of Liability 01 02 2008

Date of First Registration 30 04 2004

Year of Manufacture 2004

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3498CC

CO2 Emissions 273g/Km

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status SORN Due to Expire

Vehicle Colour ORANGE

Vehicle Type Approval M1

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £112.75

12 Months Rate £205.00

Hi and welcome,

:boxing:

But it is metallic! :p

+1 :boxing:

IMO - £16k -£17k, from my recent shopping should get low mileage full spec'd 54reg privately, from dealer it will be more.

My mileage was <10,000 after three years as was owned by a "celebrity" before, so was a little used run around. May have been lucky buy.

:welcome: - you have good taste in cars :teeth:

As for the car you have spooted, yes it is a UK GT car and good value IF the mileage is right. Check the service history carefuly - hopefully its got a FNSH and the bills to verify.

Its got the standard Bose stereo fitted to the UK cars. and Brembos are standard on all UK supplied cars. Standard alloy wheels - all look in good condition but check for re-furb work as they almost look too good, but if the mileage is right then should be OK. Check tyre wear - might help reveal mileage (or abuse). Take a bit of time using the search button on here to check for the known issues.

Get a HPI check done at the very least and if you can, ring the last the owner to verify the authenticity. The dealer might want to do a deal as the colour is not always a favourite (OK in my book and many others on here) and at this time of the year its a great time to haggle ;)

Good luck :thumbs:

You will be able to get a good deal on a non GT. I dont really mind as I have a roadster so no bluetooth anyay, could never use the cruise control for more than 100 yds, will have leather seats soon anyway and am happy with the non Bose stereo. Have put new wheels on. It will make it more difficult to re-sell but mine wont be going anywhere for a long time so no worries there.

Buy a non gT at a good price and GT it to your own spec as you go.

Wait for it :surrender::headhurt: