Heavily discounted new R8 Watford Audi...

AMT

:surrender: not sure with Audi but when test driving the 458 you had to sign a contract which allows Ferrari to seek from you up to £15k. I doubt they ask their loyal customers, or ones that don't turn up in crocs. Also they probably don't expect you to properly bend the car!

The outcome will depend on who had the insurance, the garage or the test driver.

Also, some motor trade insurance companies insist that you be accompanied.

All depends on terms and condition of the insurance and what waver was signed if any.

However this will be a total loss so expect to see this one at auction for salvage in the not to distant future.

I bought my old Renaultsport Megane from Watford (not the Audi dealer of course) and the dealer's sales routine when young blokes came in to buy the faster cars was to rag them around the dual carriage ways (usually from cold) to see how quick he could get them and then brag about how fast the cars are. Bloke was an idiot and it put me off it a bit but it was a great car so I bought it. That was from a Renault main dealer, so I can imagine the Audi boys give the R8' some stick from time to time and I don't think the add confirms who was at the wheel of the test drive when that R8 went over

Having been in a very similar situation (not a supercar fortunately!!) I just walked away, nothing to pay, nothing to claim. However I did buy a car from a different dealership as the one I had the test drive from reacted so badly and were so rude.

The police had to get involved as the road had to be closed for the vehicle recovery and they obviously investigated the crash and said I wasn't driving dangerously etc, so the dealership had to deal with it themselves. I presume that a supercar dealership will have a pretty hefty waiver on the cars though!

:surrender: not sure with Audi but when test driving the 458 you had to sign a contract which allows Ferrari to seek from you up to £15k. I doubt they ask their loyal customers, or ones that don't turn up in crocs. Also they probably don't expect you to properly bend the car!

Must be dealership specific then, the excess on the F cars I've driven has only been £500. Porsche excess is £200, and BMW only wanted a piffling £50 if I pranged an M3! :lol:

Must be dealership specific then, the excess on the F cars I've driven has only been £500. Porsche excess is £200, and BMW only wanted a piffling £50 if I pranged an M3! :lol:

I think so, I also think its specific to the person :lol:

Having been in a very similar situation (not a supercar fortunately!!) I just walked away, nothing to pay, nothing to claim. However I did buy a car from a different dealership as the one I had the test drive from reacted so badly and were so rude.

The police had to get involved as the road had to be closed for the vehicle recovery and they obviously investigated the crash and said I wasn't driving dangerously etc, so the dealership had to deal with it themselves. I presume that a supercar dealership will have a pretty hefty waiver on the cars though!

Pics or it didnt happen :p

228212_6228493878_1796_n.jpg?oh=2f80b713e66460037d384bd73d6964d0&oe=56DA1626

230082_6228498878_2810_n.jpg?oh=d48416eec92fbf5418fe63e2b489e031&oe=56E1FEBC

224377_6228503878_3779_n.jpg?oh=08a12e04093ab9206bc302368d66cf8e&oe=56E03126

227032_6228508878_4741_n.jpg?oh=02999782e9f73a56dbf953c3deb8ffc3&oe=570EE996

not my proudest moment, the blood is from where my head hit the windscreen. Many months of letters between myself/parents/representation and vauxhall/the dealership ensued. Not me going after them either ;) massively stressful time and thankfully ended in no action for me/my parents. (I was 17 at the time and had to fall back on my parents for support, luckily they didn't have to pay!)

Edited by AliveBoy

not my proudest moment, the blood is from where my head hit the windscreen. Many months of letters between myself/parents/representation and vauxhall/the dealership ensued. Not me going after them either ;) massively stressful time and thankfully ended in no action for me/my parents. (I was 17 at the time and had to fall back on my parents for support, luckily they didn't have to pay!)

I hope you climbed out and said, I'll take it!

I think I climbed out and said "oh sh1t what just happened" then I cried :lol:

• Like 1

Before I got the Zed I went to Bentley in Hamilton (Glasgow...god knows why they use that its nowhere near) and test drove a paddle shift TT (I know I know... but I didn't buy it ok! :lol:) And he got me to hoof it up the M74 but I hadn't tried a paddle before so after it he 'kindly' took me for a run to show me what it can do... SH*T MYSELF ROTTEN, he was flying through traffic. God only knows what a Bentley/Ferrari/McLaren test drive would be like haha. I don't think I could accompany a customer on a 650S run... imagine it was their first supercar purchase :scare:

Edited by AMT

Or climbed out and said , Im sure that's not handling right!