Ooops....

T-Bear

I went off for a nice :drive1 down the Dual carriageway and got a bit carried away with speed.

Fortunately a kind policeman :ninja: out from behind a hedge and stood in the middle of the road with a speed gun to alert me to the idiots that often frequent the bushes and to slow down.... NIP arrived not soon after.

Can anyone recommend a barrister/solicitor to :starwars: for me in Chelmsford, Essex magistrates court?

Many thanks

What was the speed? Do you have any reason to doubt the accuracy of the measurement?

EDIT And what was the speed limit in force at the time? Also weather conditions, road conditions etc. Let's have all the facts, see what we can do for you :)

Edited by Ekona

If it's a ban, then fight it. So many people get let off the ban it's ridiculous.

Will probably cost you a fair bit. But so many stories of mothers pleading - How will I get my kids to school, or claiming they can't get to work etc.

Clearly are loop holes for it. Just I imagine it's pricey.

**edit**

I should of put everyone that got let off the ban I hate :lol: There shouldn't be a way out of the ban.

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1

Ok here goes:

Summer Evening, 8pm

Weather - High sun, 19deg, Dry

Visibility - Very Clear

Road - 70mph Dual carriageway, pretty straight, nowt else on there, no turn on/off's

Radar - LTI 20:20 tru Cam, 550m distance,

Clocked speed - 129mph

I know i'm going to get a ban.

Just need someone to represent me so that its hopefully not for a year....

well official line, very naughty, incredibly dangerous, many small kittens could have been killed, etc etc.

Personal opinion, fair play... in for a penny, in for a pound I guess! hopefully it'll just be a short ban. got any other convictions?

next time try and make absolutely darn sure there are no coppers about, but you have my sympathy if they're jumping out the hedges at you.

• Like 2

Sorry mate but that's a crazy speed and you should know better (especially with 6 points already). I don't like to see anyone get done but at that speed its wreckless. I just did a drivers awareness course for doing 36mph in a 30mph and thought it was harsh. Having done the course the difference it makes to crashing at 30mph versus 40mph or more to the point the impact on others is massive.You have committed a crime so face up and take the medicine. Sorry to hear your pain but you have sadly over stepped the mark.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

I know i'm in for a 'Told you so' session.... but has anyone actually got a suggestion for representation in Essex?

The police biker was backed up into a hedge/ditch. He hopped out, walked/jogged to the central reservation to get a reading then quickly hopped back.

And for all the peeps with 'reckless' comments.... I don't speed in areas where there are people, typically go slower than allowed and ensure that my car & driving is up to scratch. I'd only go faster where the increased risk had no effect on others. ie, no one else around. As we all know, our cars are stable up to and exceeding 160mph.

Edited by T-Bear

gonna stick my neck out here... 129mph is not a crazy speed, its just well over the legal limit. Germany get by just fine with those kind of speeds on roads when conditions allow, and there are many tracks where a powerful car will get up to that speed without any problems.

36 in a 30 zone IS dangerous - the reason its a 30 is because anything could step from between two parked cars at any moment, but on an empty bit of well sighted dual carriageway, things don't jump out at you. I really don't see a big difference between 70mph and 129mph - if you hit something at either speed the consequences are the same, and the stopping distance grows from a very long way to a very very long way. As long as normal good driving rules apply, ie being able to stop in the distance you can see and not doing 120mph over a blind crest, I really don't see any more danger than doing 70mph - indeed doing 70mph in L3 of a congested motorway at rush hour would be considerably more dangerous than 129 on an empty bit of well sighted DC.

flame suit on etc...

• Like 12

Tbh you'll be lucky if all they do is ban you for a year: At that speed, there's a good argument for a DD charge IMHO.

If it were me, I'd be selling the car, buying a decent suit, and planning my grovelling speech to the letter.

Where was it, out of curiosity? I know the area well, chuck a map up if you can.