Black Friday - How topical for a new owner...!

matt89

Hello, so firstly thank you to everyone who's given me advice or written useful posts that I've read over the last 2-3 months. Today was an unexpected delight. A mixture of a day off work, the right car and the right time mean I am now the new, very proud, owner of a Ebisu Black HR bought on Black Friday...?!

So, here is the lovely spec'd car that ticked nearly everyone of the boxes for me, sitting on my drive this afternoon as I arrived home with a grin from ear to ear.

image_zpsoi6d1taj.jpeg

Here's a little snapshot of the old and new cars. Think it will be a while before I get used to the power difference...! But my god, that engine just wants to be revved, it sounds amazing.

image_zpszr3annos.jpeg

Car is a little dirty but when I've had time to give it a good thorough clean I'll post a few more pics. Now I just can't wait to get back in her and take her for a spin, time to read the owners manual and find any hidden gems I missed in my research!

Edited by matt89
  • Like 5

...... But well worth it to have THE best engine you can get in a zed ( other than engine swops ! )

:)

... But is it 2x as good to match its 2x the tax? :p

(lol just joking around if people haven't noticed!)

Edited by Sargara
  • Like 2

Congrats! Welcome to the land of 'jerky' traffic driving! :lol: You'll love it though, its got some character. Looks very clean! Welcome to the club! B)

Certainly jerky through slow traffic, although a bit more revs than I was originally giving it seemed to help and certainly made my passengers smile, also I've found it to be easier as the day went on. Took all my family out for a little drive today, they were more than impressed on my new purchase.

• Like 1

So, I've always said a new car is never your car until you've done a few things. Taken it on motorway, washed and waxed it & found something you don't like about it. Well today I've done all of those things....

First the good, lovely cruise and acceleration into the motorway, what a wonderful engine.

Secondly, also good, nice wash and wax and car looking rather nice

BEFORE

image_zpsjj7kvbw6.jpeg

AFTER

(I'll add later when I can remove my number plate from photo

But then, the not so good :(

When washing the car I noticed the entire bonnet looks as if it is stained as if something has splashed onto the bonnet and reacted. Waxing (turtle wax) couldn't get it off, any ideas would be massively appreciated.

image_zpspqpltwz8.jpeg

image_zpsptfjzkg3.jpeg

Also, rusting to the hub and rust on the surface of the wheel. Neither coming off with a good scrub. Any ideas?

image_zpsiioudogs.jpeg

image_zpsexswdiuv.jpeg

image_zpsr1gf2u6o.jpeg

And finally, when I was driving home I decided to have the windows down and the heat on so I could hear the exhaust a bit more. Unfortunately I started to hear a clicking. Every time I touched the throttle I heard a click, and then as soon as I let off I heard the click again. Is this the rear axle clicking I've heard about? I assume not as its not clicking when reversing or solely when pulling off. This is in all gears (at least up to 4th)

Try polishing that out of the paint rather than wax.

For the wheels I would try a good wheel cleaner i use dragons breath which I've found good.

The clicking noise does sound like axle mine done it the same in all gears up to fourth I think you just can't hear it after that from wind noise.

What's the mileage on the car?

Try polishing that out of the paint rather than wax.

For the wheels I would try a good wheel cleaner i use dragons breath which I've found good.

The clicking noise does sound like axle mine done it the same in all gears up to fourth I think you just can't hear it after that from wind noise.

What's the mileage on the car?

I'll give a polishing a go tomorrow morning as its still pretty clean. I've been using the one below dragons breath, bilberry wheel cleaner, tried diluted as recommended and neat. Neither budged it, girlfriends father has given me some stronger stuff as well to try.

Looks like I'll do some reading into the clicking and see if it's something I can attempt with my limited mechanical knowledge and tools! If not, local garage I've always gone to with other cars.

Mileage is a few over 50,000.

• 2 months later...

So tomorrow turned out to be Feruary 28th.....

But some decent results from Sonus polishes and hand polisher.

Products: (didn't use the clay bar but went for the polish plus some autoglym super resin finished with a coat of spray wax)

image_zpsx5qtxz6m.jpeg

Before:

image_zps4njgriov.jpeg

After:

image_zpsat1xo4ls.jpeg

Big old smile on my face now!