Nismo 350z

Jetpilot

Back to the topic though ......

If it's a genuine nismo I would have thought it's worth that all day long .... Even if I'm not personally a fan of it .

Yup, only worth that price if you pretty much barn it for the next 10-20years.
  • Like 1

Thats steep money for what is essentially a body-kitted automatic import!

An original Nismo one of only 1700 or so made, worth every penny.

Being an auto or import is completely irrelevant because of the above.

Being modified hurts a collectors car. Needs putting right. Also, limited edition doesn't make a collector. I might be wrong but I don't see this in the same league as a TME Evo, 22B, RS500, etc...

And thats where it all falls down, a 22b and rs500 are leagues ahead of tme evo imo.

Its all down to perception of value and a ltd run car will pretty much always fetch a premium, especially with the word Nismo.

I wouldnt pay it, but someone will.

Edited by Jetpilot

Thats steep money for what is essentially a body-kitted automatic import!

An original Nismo one of only 1700 or so made, worth every penny.

Being an auto or import is completely irrelevant because of the above.

Being modified hurts a collectors car. Needs putting right. Also, limited edition doesn't make a collector. I might be wrong but I don't see this in the same league as a TME Evo, 22B, RS500, etc...

It's not modified....

Also - Americans seem to think it's not a Nismo due to it being an Auto...

This is where my knowledge is slack, is it not just the 380rs that has a plaque?

I'm just going by the American's - so could be wrong, just internet knowledge.

They say nismo = 6 speed not auto.

And apparently Base model steering wheel

12278973_1179937008687468_5272916352367047331_n.jpg?oh=8477bca1b10a97dbd72340ac39ba482a&oe=56EC5B9E

This is what the interior looks like on a left hooker. Note the positioning of the plaque and that the Jap car has a couple of blank switches where the plaque should go. I made a slight mistake by saying the speedo was silver, it's actually the rev counter.

372.jpg

Could still be genuine, can't find a pic of a JDM car. One thing to note, when new the Nismo cost around $38k, a fully loaded 350Z actually cost slightly more. It may be unique in the U,K, but not worth paying an extra 5k just to have bragging rights.

Pete

Sooooo how do we go about getting the advert updated so we arent implicated in what is essentially a con attempt by the seller?

I HAVE SPOKEN TO THE 350Z OWNERS CLUB UK AND THEY HAVENT HAD ANY IN UK

Thats pretty damning. Not to mention this nugget:

(JUST SO SOME PEOPLE UNDERSTAND PUTTING A NISMO BADGE ON A 350Z DOSENT MAKE IT A NISMO I HAVE SEEN SOME PEOPLE TRYING TO DO THAT)

Cringe!! :surrender:

I believe that this the interior of the Nismo Fairlady 350Z. Black rev counter, no plaque and no switches where the plaque goes on U.S models, but 3 buttons on the steering wheel.

Carscoop_Nismo_350Z1.jpg

Pete

Edited by JetSet
  • Like 1

but not worth paying an extra 5k just to have bragging rights.

Your paying to be the owner of a very small production run with a very highly sort after brand, Nismo, i dont think it has anything to do with bragging rights. Take a look at Nismo s or z tune Skylines compared to std.

I would also say, if this is the real deal and i think we can safely say, non of us are entirely sure of the spec of the jdm model, it would cost you a hell of a lot more to buy an original Nismo V3 bodykit, fit and paint to a 22k, 2007 350z , let alone add the Nismo suspension goodies, wheels etc (if this is genuine full fat version), so in essence its a bit of a steal, liking what it looks like or how much difference there is to a std 350z is irrelevant because of one word......

NISMO

P.s I wouldnt buy it but that doesnt distract from seeing its value imho :)