REMOVAL OF REV LIMITER

nissanjuke

In all seriousness, it's there to protect your engine. As Dan says, you need a lot of uprated parts before you can raise the rev limit. The mapping also wouldn't cater for higher engine speeds, so even if it stayed in one piece you wouldn't get any more power.

Interesting my friend,need more info on this lads.

cheers :thumbs:

How much info do you want?! :lol:

Your car will not do more than 6500 rpm safely. You cannot EVER do more than that without major engine work. Just because the speedo says 180mph, doesn't mean your car can do that either ;)

• Like 1

Interesting my friend,need more info on this lads.

cheers :thumbs:

How much info do you want?! :lol:

Your car will not do more than 6500 rpm safely. You cannot EVER do more than that without major engine work. Just because the speedo says 180mph, doesn't mean your car can do that either ;)

I changed the clock back by 2 hrs on mine, I was time travelling you know :thumbs:

You noticed the difference from the Uprev, but no way in hell you noticed the extra 100rpm. Go sit in your car, and rev the engine to 1000rpm and hold. Now do it at 1100rpm. It's incredibly hard to do, as it's such a minute difference. Another 500revs you'd notice, but another 100? Sorry, but I can't see it.

You noticed the difference from the Uprev, but no way in hell you noticed the extra 100rpm. Go sit in your car, and rev the engine to 1000rpm and hold. Now do it at 1100rpm. It's incredibly hard to do, as it's such a minute difference. Another 500revs you'd notice, but another 100? Sorry, but I can't see it.

I don't wear underwear when I'm on a track day to avoid unnecessary weight. I can feel the difference it makes.

• Like 1

I don't wear underwear when I'm on a track day to avoid unnecessary weight. I can feel the difference it makes.

Red hot curry the night before to provoke a full "expulsion" of excess weight FTW!

• Like 1