Remap tomorrow. Place your bets

jimboy2

I have panel filters, Berks hfc, cobra Y pipe, cobra back box

What do you all think it will make?

I'm just looking forward for it to be a nicer drive as at the moment I have a horrible hesitation after the Berks were fitted.

1st time I have ever been on a dyno too

Interesting question which is very difficult to quantify as every rolling road/ hub dyno will give a different reading so you never really know how much power your car is delivering,but what you do get on all of them is called "the gain".

Put simply,run car on the dyno to get a standard power figure then add new mods/ uprev and dyno again!

This sounds great in principle but as we all know you bolt on the mods and then dyno the car as it's an expensive exercise to dyno the stock motor and then go back again to tune!

Just out of interest I looked in my rather thick folder and found my original dyno chart when I first started modifying my car.

The car.

2007 hr 14k miles

Modifications.

K and N typhoon induction kit,Japspeed k2 exhaust.

289.1at the fly on surrey rolling road.

Once uprev installed she pushed out 309.4.

Your car will breath better than mine did with the y pipe and the berks so you could see 315.

Without the uprev all mods will just gain noise!

Interesting question which is very difficult to quantify as every rolling road/ hub dyno will give a different reading so you never really know how much power your car is delivering,but what you do get on all of them is called "the gain".

Put simply,run car on the dyno to get a standard power figure then add new mods/ uprev and dyno again!

This sounds great in principle but as we all know you bolt on the mods and then dyno the car as it's an expensive exercise to dyno the stock motor and then go back again to tune!

Just out of interest I looked in my rather thick folder and found my original dyno chart when I first started modifying my car.

The car.

2007 hr 14k miles

Modifications.

Your car will breath better than mine did with the y pipe and the berks so you could see

Any ideas why your car was running 20bhp down to official figures of the HR engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that Jez's dyno reads lower than many others, whether his is more accurate and others inflated, who knows ? You cant compare one dyno to another that's for sure

My 370z made 299 on his dyno with K&N drop ins, post maf tubes and an invidia cat back , and only made another 10hp once uprev'ed.

What the sheet says doesnt matter one little bit , its how it drives , you simply cant expect big gains on a n/a car so dont go with big expectations

Your car will drive a great deal better once Jez has played with it for sure !

The car.

2007 hr 14k miles

Modifications.

Your car will breath better than mine did with the y pipe and the berks so you could see

Any ideas why your car was running 20bhp down to official figures of the HR engine?

Because Nissan over inflate their HP figures?? Most zeds dont get near the stated power on a Dyno dynamics dyno , they can on some other makes though

• Like 1

Still gains on an n/a engine. And the HR seems to be Betty responsive and smooth already so it's good you've got it back that way with possibly a 20 bhp increase, as I bet the rr would have read lower than 309 originally.

Good for pub banter, but not much else, if you did a run on every dyno in the country you would get different figures.

A dyno should be seen as a tuning tool and nothing more, I used to know the guy who tuned my Rx7, he could have given me a print out for pretty much anything I wanted it to say with a few tweaks to the laptop ;)

If your flat spot has gone i would say its been money well spent :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

Why dont people just quote the whp? This is the actual power measured and doesnt rely on some dubious back calculations to give you power at the fly.

Probably because the figures released from manufacturers are flywheel hp, so some form of comparison to Nissans quoted figures i guess.