Is Tinder a bad topic to mention...

GizmoGold

How mant people have ended up giving it a try and what are your stories like?

I'd love to hear other experiences and maybe tips to improve my profile ;) I've found a few posts of my Z have had good results, but is there anything else people could suggest?

A friend of mine met his current girlfriend on there, been together nearly 2 years I think.

My brother met his girlfriend on Chat Roulette ( yeah, I know ) and they've been together for 4 years now.

At the same time, that friend had a few one night stands, and even FWB before her, so it can be worth while, just don't expect to find a wife and just have fun :D

• Like 1

If I was single, I'd be on that and POF pretty much non-stop.

As I'm married, unfortunately all I can do is window shop :(

POF was a load of fun when I used to be on it. Tinder showed up not long after I got tied down for the forseeable future so I haven'texperienced it. Although, she seems to be blocking my attempts to save for a GTR so she might soon be under the patio, never to be seen again. :evil:

• Like 2

Haha

If I was single, I'd be on that and POF pretty much non-stop.

As I'm married, unfortunately all I can do is window shop :(

POF was a load of fun when I used to be on it. Tinder showed up not long after I got tied down for the forseeable future so I haven'texperienced it. Although, she seems to be blocking my attempts to save for a GTR so she might soon be under the patio, never to be seen again. :evil:

haha! my ex was using the same blocking technique to stop me getting a Z, let's say that being single definitely has its perks =p

A friend of mine met his current girlfriend on there, been together nearly 2 years I think.

My brother met his girlfriend on Chat Roulette ( yeah, I know ) and they've been together for 4 years now.

At the same time, that friend had a few one night stands, and even FWB before her, so it can be worth while, just don't expect to find a wife and just have fun :D

The one thing that kinda shocks me is how many girls on there have boyfriends that they forget to mention

Never used these websites!

I was single for nearly four years before meeting my current partner (who I now live with), I'd rather be on my own than advertise myself online. I'm quite possibly wrong in thinking this way but I'd never have any respect for anyone I met on a website/app.

I was single for nearly four years before meeting my current partner (who I now live with), I'd rather be on my own than advertise myself online. I'm quite possibly wrong in thinking this way but I'd never have any respect for anyone I met on a website/app.

It's no different from going out to a bar and approaching a stranger, except that you get an insight into their personality before making contact. Plus, you're slightly more likely to be sober whilst 'scouting for talent'.

• Like 2

It's no different from going out to a bar and approaching a stranger, except that you get an insight into their personality before making contact. Plus, you're slightly more likely to be sober whilst 'scouting for talent'.

Interesting. I wouldn't approach a stranger in a bar either, it's just cheesy and again I'd have little respect for someone that could be so easily obtained. Wow, I sound like a right weirdo but that's just my feelings on it :lol:

Interesting. I wouldn't approach a stranger in a bar either, it's just cheesy and again I'd have little respect for someone that could be so easily obtained. Wow, I sound like a right weirdo but that's just my feelings on it :lol:

So, how do you make friends or meet new people? Do you just wait for them to approach you? I'm a tad confused..

So, how do you make friends or meet new people? Do you just wait for them to approach you? I'm a tad confused..

Path of least resistance. Wait for your friends to obtain girlfriends and then have your pick of the bunch.

• Like 2

dating sites are a good place to meet people, the tricky part is finding the right person!

different sites are good for different styles of searching too. tinder is very focused on appearance, more pics less text, while a more traditional site like pof or OKCupid encourage users to write a bit more about themselves.

so it depends what your interested in really. i'm searching for a fellow geek so i've been scouring pof and OKC.

so i don't know what to recommend for tinder, but here are some tips i've picked up along the way for normal dating sites

• fill in your profile (this will filter the wheat from the chaff, don't be the chaff)
  • write a unique first message (while hi or ctrl+v can get a response womens inboxes are flooded with them, so a message that shows you've read their profile can boost your chances)
  • don't compliment a womans looks initially (soooo hard not to accidentally sound creepy, so skip that subject entirely, she's gonna assume you find her attractive cos you sent a message in the first place)
  • check your spelling (she won't know if that was 1 typo in a million or if you never bothered to learn english at school)
  • if you're looking for a certain type of woman, don't be afraid to put the rest off. (i've had well rounded profiles to attract any woman, my current one is very geeky cos i'm looking for a geek)
  • no reply means no interest, don't message again (all it takes is 1 jerk to start spouting abuse after a polite rejection to put women off saying thanks but no thanks. so if you didn't get a reply don't send a follow up message, you've got your answer already)
  • make sure you have a pic with a smile (pro tip, put on a comedy sketch you love and then take a selfie. monty python gave my my first real smile in a selfie, no fake grim as i try to force a smile for the camera!)
  • 1 pic of your face, 1 of your body (clothed! also outside in daylight is good to aim for)
  • don't send dick pics! or get sexual with the chat (my friend is constantly complaining about how she was enjoying a nice convo with a guy then he put her off by trying to talk about sex)

well i hope that helps a few, but like i said some of it probably doesn't apply to tinder

• Like 2