What can you remember from being a kid

Emperor Ming

A really good night out for a fiver and that included putting petrol in the car.

Beer at 1s 7d a pint (8p) when I first started drinking, no wonder I was always legless

That was lager - beer was only 1s 4d when I worked in the union bar in my first year at university. You could have a good night out, including a fish supper on the way home, from a ten bob note. :thumbs:

Jim, we must meet up and bring back the good times,always a beer man,lager's a ladies drink!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember farthings and crowns but I do remember Choppers/Grifters, Vic 20/ZX81, Atari, Pacman/Space Invaders, Rubic's Cube, the Silver Jubilee, Digby Biggest Dog in the World, Video Killed the Radio Star, I've Got a Brand New Combine Harvester, Chorlton and the Wheelies, long summers, deep snow in the winter, Freddie Laker's Skytrain etc etc etc

I don't remember farthings and crowns but I do remember Choppers/Grifters, Vic 20/ZX81, Atari, Pacman/Space Invaders, Rubic's Cube, the Silver Jubilee, Digby Biggest Dog in the World, Video Killed the Radio Star, I've Got a Brand New Combine Harvester, Chorlton and the Wheelies, long summers, deep snow in the winter, Freddie Laker's Skytrain etc etc etc

I remember all that too - had a Grifter, awesome!

Remember the Adventure Game, like the crystal maze but with celebs, a tea plant and the Vortex. Superb stuff.

I had the Atari 2600 and a Sharp MZ700.

I remember a football game where you stood either side of the road and tried to hit the kerb causing the ball to come back. Kids play that now but use bricks and aim at cars.

he-man, M.A.S.K., jason and the wheeled warriors, thundercats

my first tele was black and white with 3 channels and no remote !

only allowed inside to play when it was pishing down and then you would still want to be outside having fun

bugsy malone was my favorite VHS

making dens with your bed covers

playing with transformers.......still doing that :blush:

As a kid, I remember...

Listening to my iPod during lessons at school

Playing Xbox games over the internet with my mates

Texting girls to ask them out on dates

A pint of beer costing £2.50

Laughing at "The Office" Christmas Special

Getting mithered by all my mum's friends to help them set up their wireless broadband routers

Booking ski holidays in resorts with Glaciers to make sure there was some snow

Having family weekends away in places budget airlines can take you

:lol:

As a kid, I remember...

Listening to my iPod during lessons at school

Playing Xbox games over the internet with my mates

Texting girls to ask them out on dates

A pint of beer costing £2.50

Laughing at "The Office" Christmas Special

Getting mithered by all my mum's friends to help them set up their wireless broadband routers

Booking ski holidays in resorts with Glaciers to make sure there was some snow

Having family weekends away in places budget airlines can take you

:lol:

+1 :teeth:

Crap TV - No decent programs and no choice

Crap Cars - slow, crap brakes, always braking down and rust

No Internet, PC's etc.

No gadgets...microwave, iPods etc. etc.

Being bored

Thank god for progress..... :yahoo:

Sorry mate, cannot remember ever being bored as a kid, if we couldn't play outside we read books, nowadays with all your ipods, PC's etc half the kids can't bloody read!!!

Agree with that, I think 'we' had more imagination as kids. If we were bored we didn't need to spend £44 on a game to create a new world to play, you just needed a stick. A stick became a gun, light sabre, bow and arrow, anything you wanted.

And I'm only 32!

Things move on fellas (and ladies). Years ago we used to build our dwellings out of straw and animal crap, now we use bricks or steel and glass. Similarly there are better media formats in which to ingest information, books are so boring compared with the interactive products we now have readily available.

Things move on fellas (and ladies). Years ago we used to build our dwellings out of straw and animal crap, now we use bricks or steel and glass. Similarly there are better media formats in which to ingest information, books are so boring compared with the interactive products we now have readily available.

Still can't beat a stick though. You can beat with a stick I suppose.

Trouble is now, when I find a stick, I think, hmm I could stir paint with that.

Still can't beat a stick though. You can beat with a stick I suppose.

Trouble is now, when I find a stick, I think, hmm I could stir paint with that.

:lol::lol:

:shutup:

:lol::lol::thumbs:

there should be a minimum age limit on people allowed to reply in this thread !! :boxing:

there should be a minimum age limit on people allowed to reply in this thread !! :boxing:

Or a maximum :p:boxing: