Not one of ours I hope (350/Quad bike crash)

Ricey

Two night ago whilst driving my Nissan X trail along A45 between Coventry and Meriden, I was undertaken at speed (I was at 60) by 20 or more bikes including quads, scooters, motorcycles, some bikes doing wheelies whilst going past. I slowed down for obvious reasons. One of the quads and several bikes then stopped in lane two. I put my hazards on to slow cars behind me then as quick as a flash they proceeded to pull away again on one wheel, trick riding etc. This is the behaviour that I have now become acustomed to when several motorcycles are riden in groups. I'm afraid that I have no sympathy left for idiots on either side of the fence be they car or motorcycle drivers. I know my limits, I know the only place to drive fast is the track.

• Like 5

Only time ive ever driven at night was to get to the Lakes for early morning .. hear bikers ragging it and high performance motors on our ring roads frequently on fine weather nights. But its down to driving style not being aggressive towards other road users and only using power at appropriate times

So the quad had no lights it out accelerated the car [a350z) forget the vehicles it is the mentality of the driver that is the issue in fact when out for a rag do it without engaging other road users

Where are you getting that information by the way? I've not seen either of these things reported yet

Just curious

(No lights and out accelerating the Zed)

So the quad had no lights it out accelerated the car [a350z) forget the vehicles it is the mentality of the driver that is the issue in fact when out for a rag do it without engaging other road users

Where are you getting that information by the way? I've not seen either of these things reported yet

Just curious

(No lights and out accelerating the Zed)

Sounds like more speculation to me CJ :shrug: Unless of course Steve K can tell us otherwise?

*edit* apparently quad bikes not rgeistered with DVLA do not have the correct lighting or tyre standards. Police have confirmed this quad bike was not registered with DVLA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3251800/Pictured-Four-friends-died-16th-birthday-party-tragedy-sports-car-hit-unlicensed-quad-bike.html