What is your exhaust setup and why?

Mj86

I've got an Invidia Gemini with burnt ti slash cut tips. Initially wanted the Ark grip because it looked awesome but couldn't justify the (small) extra at the time, ran it for a couple of months, sounds lovely but I felt it was lacking top end (for my liking), Fitted some cobra unresonated test pipes (cost me the difference between the Ark and the Invidia funnily enough...) but oh man, cannot be happier now, fairly quiet when cruising but a real head turner WOT, has a lovely burble to it, really brings out the v6 note.

At the moment I have a Japspeed K1 fitted, it's not really my cup of tea..

Why do I have it?

Was on there when I bought it.

Will I change it?

Yes.

But I'm not really into loud, I just want a nice sound.

Edited by Oggieteepo

Sory, a bit late to the party but the noisy ones always are...

Ahv got Art sports cats and HKS dual...

People jump when I start the car, the sound up to 3 is deep and burbly, at 3 off throttle no noise, drones at 4, mental wale anywere above that and he overrun on the downhift is intoxicating...

Love it...

On a side note, when I as 19 I had Chevette with a Bedford 2.3 in it (not the canted Lotus it should have been) with a straight through pipe to a Cherry Bomb... It went to eleven...

I had a few different setups on my Z.

Standard with ebay decats

Blitz Nur Spec, Ichiba Y-pipe, ebay decats

found that a bit quiet so cut out the middle silencer and changed to custom hi flow cats

found that too quiet so changed it to a GReddy single exit

found that too quiet so cut the middle pipe out again and changed to japspeed decats

then added DC headers

Then changed to Tomei decats, custom Y-pipe and chucked a supercharger on it :teeth:

That thing was LOUD :scare: was 122DB at 4.5K RPM at Combe :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I kept standard cats (needed for Hill-climb regs) but got a new Y-pipe to back-box fabricated up.

Went to a chap called Andy Ward in Barnsley. He has a great reputation for custom manifolds and such. He fired it together in a morning. We messed about a bit till it sounded ok.

Highly recommend it as the way to go. Got a nice rumble and bark - more than standard but not too loud.

21457647593_3ae22b3dfe_c.jpgIMAG3320 by Kjwob, on Flickr

22078893025_d833375bed_c.jpgIMAG3306 by Kjwob, on Flickr

Edited by Kieran O'Quick