Zed wont start

jumping350

Any forced induction guys help would be appreciated

Cars is not tuned yet!

Anyway since its been home its been started once to move out of garage and put back in where i discovered a small oil leak by the sump (nothing major)

So today decided to try and tackle it, started the car reversed her a bout 4 metres and turned off, jacked car up had a look and decided not to touch anything and sump needs to be taken off so put car back down removed Veilside and was going to turn here around and put in backwards so can remove the sump another day.

Car started moved it forward about 3 metres it chugged and died and now wont start.

Car appears to have spark and fuel (FPR regulator comes on fine) oil pressure is fine, there is some smoke out the back now but i suspect because it hasn't been tuned anyway, smell of fuel is present but again probably because it is running rich.

Car has started but died immediately afterwards.

Ive checked everything i think in my power and all seems accounted for, im going to put more fuel in and try one more time just to see if it makes a difference.

Could this be fuel bucket issue? its a chugging type action thats happening

oh and only code that has come up is ignition timing, ive also cleared this code and still the same, i do have the option on my datascan to reset the ecu is this worth a go?

Any thoughts welcome

Edited by jumping350

Smoke, cold, very short movement, fuel smell out the back, not tuned - and I take it you've got your big injectors in?

Assuming you've not dislodged any sensors, plugs are in the right order (should be as it worked before), my quick guess is it's just flooded. Just a guess though.

Could just try cranking with fuel relay pulled and foot on accelerator for a few secs, then put it back together to see if it fires? Or just wait a bit to see it it clears then try again? You do really need to be on a new map with big injectors...

...Just saw you added a bit about ignition timing - cam or crank sensors would be worth a check if it doesn't clear.

• Like 2

ok seems my battery is dead now so maybe that was the problem :doh: it has been mentioned to me a few times that my tiny jdm battery might not cut it, so any links to a better battery on imports? what amp should I get?

or

do i swap terminals round for UK ones as il get a better battery choice?

My current battery below

WP_000273_zpsvvkytgfw.jpg

Presume running a fuel return system,larger injectors, colder plugs, have you also added a Uprev Air flow meter upgrade?

If so the car has wetted the plugs up;

Until you get a tune loaded into the ECU the car will be excessively rich.

Pull the plugs , refit you old plugs and it should start ensure you warm the car right up before turning the car off.

The removed plugs will require re-newing thou as soaked spark plugs never perform very well we have found even after being dried out;

I can throw a Map in your ECU to get you running even if you want to go to Jez to have the tune.

Thanks

• Like 3

okay download this link

https://uprev.com/up...s Installer.exe

you may need to copy this and paste it into your browser;

You then get a file in your program list like this;

eCgq9H.jpg

Open Osiris with you cable connected to the Laptop (not the car)

you should see this then on your screen

vmdrFL.jpg

click on here circled in BLUE

XLd0WL.jpg

Then you should see the following

QDOJ8M.jpg

This will show if you have a license on your cable?

Thanks

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

Went and charged battery over night for a fiver, i must of just left zed for around a week sitting in my garage, was gonna take sump off thought I would just try one more time before I replaced the plugs...fired up first time a bit sluggish but ok, bit of smoke out the back, left it to idle and warm up, all smoke cleared and idle just as she did before :thumbs:

Must of soaked the plugs when I switched her off last time without warming up properly and the weak battery didnt help

Edited by jumping350