Anyone on here thought about placing a bonnet scoop on to their original bonnet? Ive seen some pictures and some of them look really nice

BeefyZ

Just asking if anyone on the forum has had a bonnet scoop fitted to their original bonnets rather than changing the bonnet completely?

8489d79e6cb77c297e1c83236fb37b78.jpg

Might be just me who thinks the Zed's looks ace with all the sharp edges to the body 😂 I just like the more aggressive look 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BeefyZ
  • Like 1

Fair enough haha! I knew a lot of people might not like the idea because ive hardly seen anyone in the UK with cut outs or edges on the bonnet 😂

Just a question to see if there's anyone out there 😊

I like Evo's you see and all the edges just make it look boss! In my opinion anyway ðŸ‘

Bri

Haha! I know yeah I wouldn't mind an Evo and 350z wishful thinking and I would never trade my Zed in love her to much 😂

Aye nothing wrong with trackies whilst working or mowing the lawn 😉

I get where your coming from I had a nob chav in an evo behind me the other week pulling far back then giving it some right up my arse I was just like "really mate honestly just f* off and if you want to ruin your car then that's fine with me but definitely not ruining mine" 😂

• Like 1

but definitely not ruining mine" 😂

You will if you stick half a kellogs corn flake box on the bonnet. ;)

Haha! 😂 well what about vents in the bonnet? What do you think to that?

To be honest with you guys the main thing putting me off the idea is all that water getting into the engine bay would devastate me 😂 but on a performance note it's a good way to keep your engine cool 😊ðŸ‘

Yeah I know true that but in all fairness if I could prevent water from getting to the engine Id probably do it but then it's defeating the object...hummm! Stuff it im going to go with a spoiler and new front bumper 😂 problem solved

HHkXpj3.jpg?1

Looks really good if you do it right ;) . If you want a bonnet scoop then get a carbon bonnet that already has the scoop in there. More expensive of course, but do it right the first time. I'm currently saving up for one after seeing Vlad's build thread! :lol:

HHkXpj3.jpg?1

Looks really good if you do it right ;) . If you want a bonnet scoop then get a carbon bonnet that already has the scoop in there. More expensive of course, but do it right the first time. I'm currently saving up for one after seeing Vlad's build thread! :lol:

I don't have a scoop ;)

HHkXpj3.jpg?1

I don't have a scoop ;)

I meant your carbon bonnet as it is :stir:. One day if you wake up and think "hmm I really feel like giving that Rav guy my bonnet today and taking is standard oem one", give me a call ;)

The only two questions you need to ask yourself are these:

1. Do I have a top mounted intercooler?

2. Do I care if people think my car looks awful?

If you can answer yes to the first one, then congrats, you can get a scoop! If you answer no to the first but yes to the second, then congrats, you can also get a scoop!

If, however, you answer no to both, then a scoop is not for you I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Haha! Cheers guys and I haven't got a top mounted inter cooler however I do like the look of them 😂

Unfortunately I have a black car and to be honest I think carbon bonnet maybe a risk because I don't think it will suit it 🙈😱

HHkXpj3.jpg?1

What front bumper is that? Looks lovely

HHkXpj3.jpg?1

What front bumper is that? Looks lovely

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271950461624?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thats the bumper bud.

Yeah someone has just said that it hasn't really altered the temperature 😂 so my bad for saying that I would have thought it would have but I'm listening and learning 😂ðŸ‘