What the hell is wrong with The World? (Disturbing content)

Stutopia

Here's the rub: People are desperate to leave Syria because of the war that's going on there right now. I get that, perfectly understandable. Instead of just letting in as many people as can get here to the EU, we really need to tackle the cause of the problem, i.e. get involved in the war, pick the good side and make sure that they win. However, we can't do that because all the tree hugging hippies will keep bringing up Afghanistan and Iraq as examples of 'wasted money' and 'our troops died for nothing'. Political suicide, never mind that we'd have to make cuts to other services to pay for a new war.

It's like buying more and more plasters, instead of just sewing the wound shut. We (the EU) cannot take all these refugees and give them the care they deserve, it's as simple as that. We NEED to sort out their homeland so they can return, it's the most cost-effective and efficient way to make this right.

But we won't. So they'll keep coming. And they'll keep dying.

• Like 18

Well written, but just like Afghan, its a war we will never win, in fact, it wouldnt even be a war, our hands would be tied and we are bound by rules of engagement that the opposition arent.

We either go in and absolutely crush them by whatever means necessary which we are perfectly capable of, or its a pointless exercise imho

• Like 5

TBH Syra is even less easy than that, it was only 2-3 years ago we were talking about arming ISIS to fight Assad, user of chemical weapons. Apparently we have done a full 180 on this now and Assad is actually a good guy after all.

I personally object to seeing pics of dead kids all over the place as well, the media can portray what they want how they want and any apathy to this point is entirely down to them. To now come out and start blaming us for not caring enough is bullshit.

• Like 3

I'm not usually a warmonger but the vacuums created in unstable countries are an opportunity for any lunatic to arm up and go mental, fundamentally I'm on board with Dan about curing the problem rather than the symptoms but there's always room for a tactical effort as well as a strategic one.

As for posting on social media, I don't see why that's a bad thing? Even if a tiny fraction of people who see it are moved to do something or donate or moan at their MP or sign a petition or drop off tins of beans at Calais or Greece or Italy, where's the harm?

• Like 1

Heartbreaking. How cheap life is and the atrocities we do to each other. Puts me on the verge of tears to think about the world we live in and the things that happen to so many people on a daily basis.

I'm not religious but I was brought up in a household that was. Jehovahs Witness. They believe these are the very last of the last days, when things like this are happening and the majority of the world is in total chaos and society as a whole is base and vile. Then comes Armageddon and all the badness as well as people who don't believe in JW's get wiped ou

Like I say I'm not religious but if there is a God and he's about to step in then I wish he would so the world could be 'reset' and all this crap stops happening even if it meant I got wiped out for being a non believer, because it'd mean the world was finally at peace.

Unfortunately I don't think any peace will ever be achieved again left to our own devices. While people want control and power over others and money and wealth dictate quality of life how can there be any peace. There needs to be a balance but there never will be.

With regards to these nutters like IS, trying to tackle them as groups is useless. It's like playing whack-a-mole at the fairground. Smash one, another pops up.

There must be something inherently wrong with Islam. If theres so many bad apples, the orchard must be to blame?

Of course this is all just my opinion and I'm but one man.

I wish I could snap my fingers and put everything right with the world :(

There must be something inherently wrong with Islam. If theres so many bad apples, the orchard must be to blame?

Christianity is no better. In truth it's religion that's the problem, doesn't matter who's name is at the top of the page.

I get what you're saying though.

• Like 2

Christianity is no better. In truth it's religion that's the problem, doesn't matter who's name is at the top of the page.

I get what you're saying though.

Of course. There were the crusades and numerous atrocities committed by most religions when times were a little more barbaric and there were no human rights as such.

Islam is very much rooted in the past and not very accommodating of modern life and the social and moral aspects of it. They want us to go back a couple of thousand years.

Everything is so intertwined. Religion and politics.

Forget religion, politics, etc, it all comes down to the simple fact we (Humans) are no more evolved or civilised than any-other animal on this planet. In Japan when the temperature drops, Macaque monkeys warm themselves up in hot spring pools......

Img214268924.jpg

BUT only if you were born into the 'correct' family...otherwise you + your family freeze.

japanese-macaque.jpg

Personally I have no idea how Europe could/should deal with the migration we are seeing. But sadly its the world we live in :(.....

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

Christianity is no better.

Christianity "was" no better :) Its been centuries since christian crusades or holy wars.

Sorry gangzoom, if you think I am no more "civilised" than the scum killing children, your sorely mistaken.

Christianity "was" no better :) Its been centuries since christian crusades or holy wars.

Sorry gangzoom, if you think I am no more "civilised" than the scum killing children, your sorely mistaken.

Yes, WAS no better.

No, IS no better. Look at the Westboro lot, or how gays are still not allowed, or abortions, or whatever. There's a whole load of crap in there that's ridiculous.

Yes but Christians, as far as I'm aware, aren't still beheading men, women and children. Crucifying bodies. Generally committing mass genocide, executing parents in front of their children or gang raping wives in front of their husbands. Setting off bombs in crowds of innocent people.

But then onon the other hand, Christians go to war asking God's blessing before they drop bombs etc.

It's all messed up.

• Like 1

You really think so....Put your self in the position of the Marquas monkeys, keep your family warm or let others in and risk having no room/resources for your self or your own family....Remind you of any situation that's been discussed here??

Don't let the comfortable environment we cocoon ourselves in here in the developed world be confused with the real facts of life.

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

Your talking a small minority hate group, they are not christians, just a bunch of nutters,hardly like they are killing in the name of their faith, not even close too "is" no better.

Erm, that's exactly what ISIS are. They're a small bunch of nutters of Islam, in exactly the same way that Westboro are a small bunch of nutters in Christianity.

It's all arguing over who's got the best pretend friend. Christianity is possibly more hypocritical than anything from Islam. Glass houses and all that.

• Like 2

You really think so....Put your self in the position of the Marquas monkeys, keep your family warm or let others in and risk having no room/resources for your self or your own family....Remind you of any situation that's been discussed here??

Don't let the comfortable environment we cocoon ourselves in here in the developed world be confused with the real facts of life.

You're making a very simple equation with the example of the monkeys.

Human nature and society is infinitely more complex as we as a species evolve socially whereas animals don't. They don't learn new social skills past what they're taught which is in turn passed down by instinct at a biological level which has no outside determining factors such as technology, currency, love.

For example, we've evolved past such things as larger males being immediately more dominating and higher up in the caste as a result of their physical prowess. We have MUCH more determining factors as to what makes an alpha male which itself is always in a state of flux depending on social circumstances. If a bodybuilder wearing a tight t shirt and pale blue jeans walks into a goth bar - he's not the alpha male. That skinny pale long haired adolescent with fishnet tights on his arms and women draped around him IS the alpha male.

We're nothing like animals.

Unfortunately a lot this has been going on for years globally. The advent in social media has meant that things now get seen and go viral and suddenly something must be done now..... Having spent a number of years in developing countries I have seen my fair share of death with 2 members of my staff murdered in my last job. Something does need to be done about the Syrian situation and remember its not just Europe they head to. Australia has experienced dead bodies of children for some time floating in the Ocean. Those of a certain age will remember the Vietnamese boat people. Europe is pretty full and is rapidly becoming a single state and there is becoming a loss of identity. What's the solution ? To send in the military won't work as then the outgoing government/sympathisers get murdered by the previous would be refugees and the cycle restarts, that's seem time and time again. Unfortunately a lot of people have had enough of the third world and as they are all getting iPhones, see the west and want to go as its a better way of life. I would say the UK is full we cannot sustain out own ageing population so need a stricter immigration policy but thats another matter. To go back to the Aussies - any asylum seekers plucked out of the water or trying to enter Australia by unofficial means are taken to safe Pacific Islands where they are processed - If found to be genuine asylum seekers they are are then offered a place in those islands where they can live in safety. That soon sorts out the 'persecuted refugees' from the 'economic refugees' as some opt to return back to where they came from. Maybe Europe needs to establish areas within its borders where the country is underpopulated and seeking investment and the refugees can go there. Maybe somewhere like Romania/Bulgaria where they have people taking advantage of the EU freedom of movement. I dont have a solution. I am not a politician but playing the race/religion card to gain political advantage to promote ones own belief's is out of order on this. Maybe focus initially on traffickers ?

Just thinking outside the box .....

• Like 1