Best place to get some driver training

nissanman312

I've been meaning to go and do this for a while now.

I keep getting people say to me nown I've supercharged the z Yeah but can you drive it to its potential etc

Straight answer probly not!

I hold my own but feel I've always been hesitant rather than gung-ho behind the wheel.

No bad thing granted keeps me safe lol

Anyway my point is ideal like to go and learn how to get the most from my car

Now I've looked at cat d training at Millbrook and also looked at car limits as suggested by a couple of members

The prices seem to be world's apart.

Im a believer in getting what you pay for

But wondered what the difference is and thought I'd see if the forum has any suggestions on where to go

www.carlimits.com :thumbs:

There's a reason I've done multiple days there with Andy, and it's not because I really like grumpy Welshmen with a dry sense of humour :lol:

Thanks I've been told about this one a couple of times

CAT Driver Training

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk

They love Nissans too

Also been told these are great

Hi,

I have been a advanced driver trainer for a number of years. I can PM you with a few numbers of advanced trainers who's speciality is performance cars.

Yes feel free to send me those thanks

I'm going to do it with a mate and his evo Aswell so I'll see which he fancys

CAT Driver Training

They love Nissans too

+1 and Colin Hoad is a ZED fan having been employed by Nissan to help sort out the car for UK roads before release here back in 2003.

Good investment, I can promise you ;) (opps.... just remembered it was a birthday prezzie from the misses - obviously decided I needed it :blush::lol: )

CAT Driver Training

They love Nissans too

+1 and Colin Hoad is a ZED fan having been employed by Nissan to help sort out the car for UK roads before release here back in 2003.

Good investment, I can promise you ;) (opps.... just remembered it was a birthday prezzie from the misses - obviously decided I needed it :blush::lol: )

Awsome thanks

When are you gonna get the 370z on a trackday!?! Somewhere like Bedford, nice mix of corners, very little to hit and a long straight where you'll be seeing about 140...

I would like to get it on track

However making it regular could be expensive in that lol

When are you gonna get the 370z on a trackday!?! Somewhere like Bedford, nice mix of corners, very little to hit and a long straight where you'll be seeing about 140...

I would like to get it on track

However making it regular could be expensive in that lol

dont have to go regularly, just go once to see how much you can really lean on the brakes, chassis and tyres through the corners!

Although it will be expensive if you want to insure it for track use, probably about £150 a day for your car.

More seriously - I would recommend Graeme Glew as an Track Instructor. (He has taught many young inspiring race drivers), was also being recommended on Piston Heads too some time back.

He has moved companies since I did loads of Track Days with him a few years back, I found him here. http://www.racemanagers.com/

Don't be put off by The Race Driver aspect of the site - he is very approachable and if no longer actually running the courses himself he will put you in touch with folk he would recommend. I know his son now does the same - but can't think of his name or the company - will try to hunt it down for you.

Alternatively turn up at a Track for a Track Day and book their resident Instructor.

• Like 1

CatDT is on GTROC and offer some very good courses - very good feedback from GTR owners that have been.

Something that has given me a lot more confidence behind the wheel is drift training. I did one of the taster days with a friend and it was great fun, but then went and did a day at Learn2Drift and it was awesome fun!! Its all done in their cars with their tyres :) Corner entry at redline in 2nd gear followed by scandi flick and a touch on the wand (or clutch kick).... I liked it because it gives you a chance to find out what happens when the rear lets, how you control it and what happens when you dont control it (spin out, etc)

Personally, Im not that interested in being the fastest, more about having some fun with my cars :D

As Ekona says- carlimits.com.

Run by ex F1 test driver and all round legend that is Andy Walsh. Did a day with him and 3 others in my old exige. Best money I ever spent, £200 I think? Have done a lot of tuition at the various UK tracks in all sorts of cars- my own and hired, but 'walshy' was the best and I got the most out of it. Particularly if you want to learn how to control rear end slide safely.

Run by ex F1 test driver and all round legend that is Andy Walsh. Did a day with him and 3 others in my old exige. Best money I ever spent, £200 I think? Have done a lot of tuition at the various UK tracks in all sorts of cars- my own and hired, but 'walshy' was the best and I got the most out of it. Particularly if you want to learn how to control rear end slide safely.

That sounds good and well priced.... may give that a go, as I think CATDT is pricey

That sounds good and well priced.... may give that a go, as I think CATDT is pricey

Yeah think I'll also give this ago

Cat d seems a lot more expensive

We'll see how this goes and take it from there