Apple Car, whatever next?

glrnet

If I was a betting man, I'd guess they'll be teaming up with someone else who already makes cars and then bolting stuff on for autonomy. Merits of EVs aside (I think there's a thread somewhere on it ;) ) these things are the future and apple makes a fortune marking up on quality hardware as it is, so it's a natural progression for an outfit with more cash reserves than, well, anyone!

If I was a betting man, I'd guess they'll be waiting for Samsung to do it properly before rebranding the technology at a massive mark up.

FTFY. ;)

:stir:

:lol: If they need a fridge or a dog eating, they'll maybe give Samsung a call.

Apple is probably just wondering what to do with their $180 billion cash reserve.

I'm surprised they haven't tried to buy Tesla, which at the moment is burning through cash as $300-400 million per quarter and only have a predicted $1.5 billion in the bank, and will carry on their cash burn for the next 18-24 months.

But despite that Morgan and Stanley have just put a target share price of over $500 dollars per share on Tesla stock - double at its current rate. That puts Tesla's market value at bigger than Ford, despite producing less than 50,000 cars per year....Some might call that a 'bubble', the stock market is one crazy place!!!

Infact Apple has enough cash to go and buy out BMW without too much hassle, and have change left to buy out half of Greece!!