The-end-is-nigh??

gangzoom

The Tesla works for me but no offense but your leaf doesn't. I couldn't drive a boring car 5 days a week just so I could have a fun car on the weekends.

Don't worry it's not 'my' Leaf it still belongs to Nissan (or what ever finance company owns it). I can appreciate some people wouldn't want to 'downgrade' but I wanted to see what this EV stuff was all about without committing the amount of funds a Tesla requires 'blind' - Tesla don't offer extended/weekend long test drives.

Give me the option to 'get out' of my Leaf contract now for a Model S, I dare to say I would be very tempted. But as things stand 12 months isn't very long to wait before I can put an order in for a quicker EV. Equally I'll get much more for my money in 12 months time.

But one thing is for sure, I'm not sending another £ on a petrol powered car again - Not unless its something that will appreciate in value and can be seen as an 'investment' item.

As for driving something 'boring' 5 days a week, a traffic jam is a traffic jam regardless what your driving. Different people have different ideas on what they want. I actually rather do my daily commute on my pedal bike than any car, and why my old 335i did less than 5000 miles per year when I owned it - infact I'm sure for some period Mitz was driving it more than me due to the numerous visits to the garage!! I really I'm not bothered what I drive for my commute, cheapest most reliable options works for me, hence for 18 months when I was doing 70miles+ a day I used my wife's Civic and she used the 335i. To be honest I should have gone for the Leaf than, but I chickened out due to range anxiety, ironically I did my old commute in the Leaf last week and it managed it fine with 15 miles+ of range to spare..... :dry:

The Leaf present me with an issue because its actually cheaper for me to drive the it, than to cycle, it costs more to 'fuel' me than the car :lol:

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

Thing is they are still 90k for the fast one and 330 miles of range isn't quite enough yet. Amazing car but I wouldn't want to drop almost 6 figures on one and worry about running out of juice.

i think 330 Mile range is more than acceptable its the charging time even 30 minutes from tesla super charger is to much

My view is that a person that can afford a 90k car is probably doing quite well for themselves. So say they are a sales account manager at an IT firm. They need to drive to a customer site for a business meeting, if they live in Berkshire they cannot drive further North than Nottingham if they want to come back the same day.

i get what your saying but, what do you do when your 370z runs out of fuel, you refill it

so what do you do when your electric car runs out of fuel you re fill it.

The issue is re charge times i mean i might be wrong but im sure sales account manager at an IT firm is allowed to refill his car on a trip or half way to see a customer

untill that car can be recharged in 10 minutes or less and all service stations on the road network it wont be mainstream but as in other threads the technology is coming

True. Works both ways I suppose, longer range would sort the problem and a quicker charge would too :)

Thing is they are still 90k for the fast one and 330 miles of range isn't quite enough yet. Amazing car but I wouldn't want to drop almost 6 figures on one and worry about running out of juice.

i think 330 Mile range is more than acceptable its the charging time even 30 minutes from tesla super charger is to much

My view is that a person that can afford a 90k car is probably doing quite well for themselves. So say they are a sales account manager at an IT firm. They need to drive to a customer site for a business meeting, if they live in Berkshire they cannot drive further North than Nottingham if they want to come back the same day.

If I were going that far I would get the train?

If I were going that far I would get the train?

Actually all the people I know who can comfortably afford a Tesla are in such positions of power where I go to them, not the other way round :D

Edited by gangzoom

Is there not an electric car forum you can go an spam on instead of here?

I think we all get that you love electric cars but FFS, I couldnt care less and neither could 90% of the rest on here.

• Like 1

One tesla/leaf thread would do me! starting a new one every time there's new information is a bit excessive.

Vegan jokes are very easy to change into one about electric car drivers...

"Oh my God, he's dying! Anyone here a doctor?"

Doctor: "I'm a doctor"

Man: "I own an electric car!"

How can you tell someone owns an electric car?

Don't worry, they'll tell you about it.

and so on...

• Like 1

^ Not cool dude... yes I think a single 'electric cars/Tesla cars' thread would suffice rather than lots of separate threads, but its in the 'off topic discussion' section, and you don't have to read it!

If he wants to talk about electric cars, he should post on an electric car forum where people might actually give a toss. Theres more electric car posts on here than normal posts these days and they are only started by one person constantly trying to convince us/himself that they are best thing in the world

Whether you think my comments are "cool" or not matters very little to me :) Infact, they probably mean less to me than the posts about electric cars :)

• Like 1

So we should only ever talk about Zeds on here then? Nope, sorry mate, I'm not with you on that.

I love motoring full stop, and even though I'm sick of multiple electric car threads I'd actually be quite happy with one mega thread about the subject. Give us the one place to debate it all, rather than go back and forth,

• Like 1

So we should only ever talk about Zeds on here then? Nope, sorry mate, I'm not with you on that.

Thats not what I said though is it Dan?

We dont need a daily new thread on here about these cars.

How about I create a new thread daily for a different car? People would soon start whining about it ;)

I love motoring full stop, and even though I'm sick of multiple electric car threads I'd actually be quite happy with one mega thread about the subject. Give us the one place to debate it all, rather than go back and forth,

was just going to say this

Time for all you guys that have now got 911, BMW, Porsche etc that want to talk about them to pack up and leave Zed talk only from now on

I seem to remember a certain person posting all kinds of random stuff in the off topic discussion section... I think electric cars is a lot more valid to discuss on a car forum than, say, chickens...

but off topic discussion would be a very quiet place if we could only discuss things that were actually related to 350zs or 370zs. often its the off topic stuff that makes this forum great!

Lets just have one Electric cars thread, clearly labelled, and everything electric can go in there. then if you don't wanna read about the latest electric developments, its easily avoided :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well, yeah, it is actually.

You said that if someone wants to talk about Topic X then they should go to Forum Y where that's all they talk about. Using that logic, each forum should only be about one subject ever.

I do agree that one thread is enough, that's why really the Mods should be merging these threads together. Or Gangzoom can stop posting new ones! :p

Can we just do a poll on how many people actually want to hear about electric cars? Because in all these threads, I don't think I've seen anyone else get an erection for these cars.

Problem with these threads is, they may be informative, but most of the time OP is ramming it down our throats trying to convert us like a christian preacher.

Preaching to the wrong crowed....3.5l gas guzzlers

either this is an open off topic forum or it isn't.... if each week the topic of a new development comes up and a new thread gets started so what? bringing in rules like you can only post about it in this thread and that thread killed another forum I was on elsewhere...

I you don't like it you don't like it you don't have to read it

• Like 1

Can we just do a poll on how many people actually want to hear about electric cars? Because in all these threads, I don't think I've seen anyone else get an erection for these cars.

Problem with these threads is, they may be informative, but most of the time OP is ramming it down our throats trying to convert us like a christian preacher.

i thought you liked things rammed down your throat

• Like 1

Well, yeah, it is actually.

You said that if someone wants to talk about Topic X then they should go to Forum Y where that's all they talk about. Using that logic, each forum should only be about one subject ever.

I do agree that one thread is enough, that's why really the Mods should be merging these threads together. Or Gangzoom can stop posting new ones! :p

my comment was misunderstood :p

The Electric car propaganda is getting on my tits :)

As for Off Topic chat - thats fine. Its also not the same old repeated propaganda on a daily basis, I dont remember talking about Chickens though so thats a new one on me :)

i thought you liked things rammed down your throat

And that my friends explains a lot. :lol:

Pretty sure this topic is getting locked in the next minutes...