potential purchase question

Hi

Just joined and going to look at a 350Z with my son tomorrow and need some advice. The advert states the car has Brembo brakes, but the MOT history states an advisory the discs and pads are worn. My question is, can I fit standard discs and pads from Eurocarparts or will they have to be Brembo pads and disks? Also are the disks easy enough to change?

Many thanks for any advice.

Andy

The brakes are no different to any other car to work on in regards to changing the discs and pads ,just the callipers are larger on the front than some cars and have 2 bleed nipples on each calliper .

The rears are discs and callipers with internal handrake shoe and drum set up

I have recently replaced the full back and front discs and pads on my GT which of course has Brembos and i used MTEC grooved and dimpled with genuine Bremebo pads and im very happy with them .

I

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome buddy. Are you getting a good price with the car, I assume its private as a dealer would replace before a sale as he has a mark up on the car in question. Many non Brembo options out there. :)

We ended up going for something else. We picked up a 2007 HR for just over £6k but has low oil pressure. I have another post going on this having asked for advice. It doesn't look too bad a job to do, so parts are sourced and we will tackle it in mid September probably. Fingers crossed.

Thanks

Andy