Hello Power!!!

sharkmatt

Hi All,

I now have a 350Z and it's frikkin awesome!

I bought Maddog1982's from this forum. He was great and the car is a credit to him. It's the easiest car purchase I've ever made.

The car is a Gun Metal '56 plate (Jan 2007) 350Z GT with all the usual GT refinements plus original dealer fit (as far as I can tell) reverse sensors and a sleek little black Nismo gear knob which I love, although it took me a bit of time to get used to the shape after always having round knobs in the past. It also has a stubby aerial already fitted.

The history that came with it is huge and there are receipts for everything! It's currently on ~60000 miles and drives like new. Maddog installed a new clutch last year so that's a job I won't have to worry about any time soon :D . It's had the front and rear pads changed fairly recently so again shouldn't need doing any time soon. It's got Potenza's on the front which still have some meat on them but will probably need changing in the next year some time. The rears are MPSS's and still have a good amount of rubber on them. There's also a cat back Cobra resonated exhaust which makes an epic noise in the multi storey car park where I work :teeth:

The insurance was pleasantly affordable and they only real hit was the tax but I'm fine with that.

I've had it for a week tomorrow and I'm absolutely loving it. It's easily the quickest, most powerful and most sophisticated car I've ever driven. The steering is a lovely combination of light at low speed with a weightier feeling and good feedback at higher speed. The power and torque are way above anything I've ever driven (previous most powerful was a 135bhp MGTF) but the delivery is so easily adjustable from brutal to civil that it's a pleasure to drive day to day. I like the mechanical and tight feel of the gearbox and the short throw makes quick gear changes a lot simpler. It was a little bit tight going into 5th and 6th when I got it (but no crunching) so I had a quick search on the forum and discovered the shifter plate adjustment procedure. It took me 10 mins and it now slides nicely into every gear with no tightness B) The ride is a lot more comfortable than I'd imagined it would be after reading reviews (head and shoulders above the TF even though that had Bilsteins) but is firm enough to maintain the great handling. The weight of the car really helps it to sit down on bumpier roads too which is also a massive difference from the jittery TF. Don't get me wrong, I loved the TF and will probably own another at some point, but the 350 is just in a different universe!

The hatch was sticking on the lock when popping it so I put a penny in each of the springs as suggested and problem solved!

There are a few very small parking dents in the passenger door and a few small chips hear and there but the bodywork in general is great for a 9 year old car. I live 10 mins from Revolve Automotive so I'll be popping in and bugging Ricey for a quote on getting these bits sorted sometime and potentially a front bumper respray.

The Rays alloys were refurbed about a year ago and look perfect expect a very small area of kerbing on one wheel which I'll also look at getting repaired if feasible.

The drivers seat bolster has a bit of wear as normally expected but nothing serious and I already have some leather colour reviver so will be sorting that in the near future.

I'm not really looking to do any major mods and will likely stick to some minor cosmetic mods for the foreseeable future. I'm looking at clear reflectors, Z burger badges and possibly a head unit upgrade to start.

I guess that's about it for now although I'll certainly be adding more in the near future as I find things to play with :blush:

Here's a picture of it alongside my mates GT86 on the day I picked it up. We had some great fun on the country roads on the 1 hour drive home from buying it :yahoo::scare:

0a1b471f-9c76-4226-b6ca-e0da1a0c50a2_zpsvoo84xez.jpg

Nice car buddy!! Almost identical to mine, but mines black, also '56 and Jan 07 :D

Glad your parking sensors are level, I've seen many that have the 2 under the reverse lights, and then 2 middle ones nearly an inch higher up towards the number plate. Looks weird and drives my OCD into unhealthy levels of high ;) Going to fit my own soon ish, need a good clear weekend to do it.

I've not had my car long, but I was worried about power to begin with, coming from a 146 BHP ( when new ) BMW to this beast.

Yet she's so smooth and gentle to drive, can pull out most junctions in 2nd if I'm still rolling at a bit :) Don't have to plan as much anymore, can just blip the throttle and I'm off :D

Love the wave of torque in every gear. such a usable car :)

You'll be surprised at how economical it is too!!! I'm currently averaging 25 mpg, on my 8 ish mile commute to work, which is 1 mile of 30 mph, then about 3 at 40 mph with another 3 or 4 miles of 60 mph ( Salisbury road ) Sometimes I get to power her up to... above 62... shall we say for legal reasons ;)

One thing I've noticed is she can be tail happy on wet, painted roundabouts, only having 245s at the rear, and Falken Ziex 914's ( not my choice, previous owner had them and they have lotsa meat left so keeping them for now )

You'll soon realise that first tank of free petrol is gone soon, cause you can't stop pushing the " smile pedal " :D

Enjoy her mate, she looks great!!!

Can I ask where you're based, roughly?

Maybe come to the Beaulieu event this weekend, and meet some forum members?

Nice car buddy!! Almost identical to mine, but mines black, also '56 and Jan 07 :D

Glad your parking sensors are level, I've seen many that have the 2 under the reverse lights, and then 2 middle ones nearly an inch higher up towards the number plate. Looks weird and drives my OCD into unhealthy levels of high ;) Going to fit my own soon ish, need a good clear weekend to do it.

I've not had my car long, but I was worried about power to begin with, coming from a 146 BHP ( when new ) BMW to this beast.

Yet she's so smooth and gentle to drive, can pull out most junctions in 2nd if I'm still rolling at a bit :) Don't have to plan as much anymore, can just blip the throttle and I'm off :D

Love the wave of torque in every gear. such a usable car :)

You'll be surprised at how economical it is too!!! I'm currently averaging 25 mpg, on my 8 ish mile commute to work, which is 1 mile of 30 mph, then about 3 at 40 mph with another 3 or 4 miles of 60 mph ( Salisbury road ) Sometimes I get to power her up to... above 62... shall we say for legal reasons ;)

One thing I've noticed is she can be tail happy on wet, painted roundabouts, only having 245s at the rear, and Falken Ziex 914's ( not my choice, previous owner had them and they have lotsa meat left so keeping them for now )

You'll soon realise that first tank of free petrol is gone soon, cause you can't stop pushing the " smile pedal " :D

Enjoy her mate, she looks great!!!

Can I ask where you're based, roughly?

Maybe come to the Beaulieu event this weekend, and meet some forum members?

The first tank of free petrol is already long gone ha ha!

I haven't found any issues with the MPSS slipping yet but I haven't been giving it full beans in corners yet either.

I'm based up north near Liverpool and working on Sunday so won't make Beaulieu I'm afraid.

As you've mentioned it, the thing I miss most about the Zed is the steering. Glad your enjoying yours.
The zeditus thing is tangible too. Every sodding month I'm buying something else for the car :)
Glad you found a good one . Can't go wrong buying from the forum :)

Cheers guys! Let the fun commence!

Get that rear wiper off!! :lol:

Loves really nice mate. You driver your mates GT86? Heard they are pretty slow but really great to drive

I've considered the rear wiper delete but not sure I like the idea of a plastic grommet in it's place! I've had a quick go in my mates GT86. It's a nice place to be and it feels light and agile. The power is lower than most of its rivals but it still feels quick when accelerating. The piped in induction noise is pretty sweet too.

• Like 1

Congratulations, you've got a great car there. If you keep it well service it'll go on forever.

Be mindful in the wet, as the the Zed can be a bit twitchy when 'pushing on' if the road is greasy.

I mention that partly because you have the mismatched tyres front n rear.