Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. docwra

    Spacers

    H+R and Eibach are actually the only companies (I know of anyway) that have a German TUV stamp on their spacers. Which is why they are considered the best, and why there really is one (or two) better than the others. People really need to start researching stuff before they spout on the internet too. EDIT: OP, if you are only going 5mm then pretty much any slip on spacer will do the job
  2. Thats interesting, obviously Ive got a bit of experience with these things but the Zed is one of the easiest Ive found to slide about - the low down torque makes it easy to throw out, the geo means its pretty lazy coming back and the diff locks like a good un. Im going to have to go drive on of these GT86 things, arent I??
  3. MEGA BUMP! Thought I should add a footnote to this as I just found it while searching, I did buy the car (obviously) and Ive had the same problem a couple of times since, mostly when on track. Turning the ignition off always sorts it, knowing more about the car the TPS/Throttle pedal sensor conflict makes sense too
  4. Its almost certainly a conflict between the throttle position sensor and the throttle pedal sensor - mine did it when I test drove it (thats probably my first post on this site actually) and has done it couple of times since, most often when on track. As you found, killing the ignition and firing it back up again sorts it out, with practice you can do it without stopping Here we go, see Tere's answer, Im 99.99% thats what it is viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10163
  5. Alfa is a bit tight on the inside, beautiful cars though.
  6. Sorry, explain how an internal nut is more likely to round off, if it fails it will split and you can still remove it? All of my drifty mates use them, we havent had any problems and we are doing up and undoing more than most. For reference as well, the internal drive nuts I was talking about wont stick out anything like the lug nuts in the pictures tez has posted, Ive also got a set of KICS R40 Neo Chro's and dont use them for this exact reason - these are them on a Gram Light, which has a deeper well than a GTS but less than my SSRs on the last page: If you want KICS (which also have the floating washer bit) I have a mate selling a set for £100, but Im not sure they would work with your rims. There is also the KICS R26 lug nuts (26mm as opposed to 40mm) but Im still not sure they would work .......... and they are bastard expensive new.
  7. The man, excellent reviews and exceedingly well written too. I have to say I had a feeling that your conclusions would be such; but its nice to actually see them
  8. +1 (+2, whatever) ........... Id space your wheels 20mm as well, will make it look a lot more aggressive
  9. A lot of Asian countries have these cameras for insurance purposes .......... let me see if I can find it .......... Here, this one is pretty severe: dont watch if you are of a nervous disposition
  10. Cant see the link (this stupid browser doesnt get on with DW) but if they are internal drive slimline nuts with an M12 x 1.25 those are the puppies, Ive got them fitted on my SSR's which have similar stupidly small nut wells, comme ca: Id wager the boys would refund you if they didnt fit anyway
  11. Or you could do what I did and remove the arch liners as well Im pretty low mind you:
  12. My in laws bought a 2 door 207 diesel when the old man had cancer, as he was struggling to get in and out of their previous car and was suffering from a harsh ride, and they were pleased with it - it had big doors and a nice compliant ride. Its now mine and while its not the most exciting drive its not as bad as youd think. Dont know how big the boot is but the 307 is bound to be bigger if its a problem, IIRC we could greandm,as wheelchair in there though, it sees 50+ mpg even with me driving it (I dont make 20mpg in my Zed ), has a handle for the seat reclinage and touch wood hasnt gone wrong yet, youd get one for a lot less than £11K as well. Japs and Germans will probably ride too hard and I doubt they would have the handle, Italians will be too difficult to get in and out of so that kind of leaves French and Focusssssessesses. Good luck
  13. Just claim you still own the other house if needs be, worked for me with the Police before (although in fairness I do still actually own the other house)
  14. Thats something I have noticed these days, the salesmen let the cars do the talking rather than try to pitch you, the guy at the Porsche garage could have been taking Ketamine he was so laid back
  15. They are lovely Driftworks sell internal drive slimline wheel nuts, they will fit in those recesses easy
  16. Made me laugh, so here is a picture of a dog laughing: oh go on, heres another one
  17. I am actually hanging out for someone who knows what they are talking about to go drive a GT86, all I hear is people who dont have a chance of ever buying one telling me how much better they are than a 370/Cayman/etc. How they know this when they havent driven the 370/Cayman/etc., never mind the GT86 I dont know
  18. Two Ford garages told me that I needed to put a deposit down on a Focus RS before I could test drive it. This was the day after Porsche let me loose in a brand new 997C2S
  19. The guy I mentioend with the B7 has resurfaced today, Ive asked him to send me some info
  20. An induction kit is an air filter with a pipe, or at least a fitting flange. Honest
  21. I LOL'd I LOL'd again
  22. Hmmm. A bigger master cylinder would decrease the travel but would probably increase the force needed to move it, I wonder if you used a larger bore pipe it might be easier, or even a smaller slave cylinder ..........
  23. So the reverse is true as well? Ive seen and been involved in enough of these stupid "xyz vs zyx" threads to know that theres no definitives as you dont know what the other guy is doing, never mind what he has under the bonnet. The Ibiza I mentioned was running huuuge power, I know because I met the guys best mate about a fortnight after Regardless, believe it or not Im not here to argue, but I still stand by the fact that a trader by definition cant give impartial advice as they are not going to recommend their competitiors to you.
  24. Thats not what Im saying at all, I know they wouldnt do that and Im not trying to cast any aspersions on Abbey Nissan. But they arent going to advise you to go to Horsham for a remap or use an ACT clutch either, for instance
  25. Jesus Christ, Im not arguing with anyone, Im just saying that generally speaking impartial advice is the best way to go. Abbey are not impartial, neither is Horsham or even Nissan UK FFS, they arent going to recommend products that they dont sell. If you cant see that then you may as well use money as bog paper All Ive ever tried to do on here is use the amount of times Ive paid too much, bought the wrong thing, taken the wrong advice, used something wrongly, got the wrong person to fit it or generally ballsed something up to try and help others avoid the same mistakes, and I get called a ****, it gets suggested that Im some kind of liar, some kind of outlaw and god knows what else. I know Ian doesnt believe me but Ive been pissing about with jap and high performance cars for the last 15 years and have been heavily involved with a number of clubs, if you choose to ignore what I say then more power to you but to take the **** just shows you to be what most of the world thinks of this club, a bunch of stuck up old farts who enjoy polishing their cars more than driving them. Ive been told on here that a Land Rover on winter tyres will have more grip than a 350Z, that you need uprated traction control to drift, that 4 matching remoulds are safer than a pair of RE050's and a pair of MPS2's, you will die if you even look at the VDC, that you can trail brake past the apex of a corner, predetonation only damages an engine a small amount each time, that no FWD car will ever match a 350Z, that a VXR Astra shouldnt be quicker under any circumstances and some of the stuff Ive seen regarding wheels is ridiculous ........... but as long as you all agree with each other it must be right.
×
×
  • Create New...