Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. We can agree to agree then
  2. Abbey are very knowledgable and good guys, no doubt, but I question the logic of phoning someone who wants to make money out of you to ask them what they recommend you do to your car ......... Always the cynic It was a bit of advice I got a good few years ago thats served me well since then, not everyone is as honest as Abbey are and you arent in a position to judge when you have gone to them for info. Get your information from owners clubs, then go talk to the guy who is going to sell it to you, not the other way round. Call it cynical if you like but its ......... actually, why do I even bother justifying myself, OP, take my advice or ignore it, its up to you.
  3. Marshall Nissan wouldnt let me drive a 370, instead they stuck me in a GTR and let me drive it as fast as I liked, where I liked. I was quite happy with this service.
  4. Oversized wheel arches with standard wheels. Gash.
  5. I heartily recommend the HSD coilovers (sorry Ekona, "aftermarket" coilovers ) and would actually spend money there rather than R888's myself, they wont wear out and made a world of difference to my car - if you are already running decent tyres the increase in performance with fitting R888's wont be as great either. Cant speak for ARB's or bracing but the coilovers stiffen everything up anyway, Id be looking at them first and the other options after. Bear in mind that standard Z33 suspension isnt very adjustable before you go spending £300 getting it set up, Id advise a £70 laser alignment first and see how you get on
  6. Abbey are very knowledgable and good guys, no doubt, but I question the logic of phoning someone who wants to make money out of you to ask them what they recommend you do to your car .........
  7. Some people are just cocks, thats all.
  8. Wow, you really are a credit to this club.
  9. Sorry, whats wrong with having driven a few different cars? Or are you suggesting that I make up these fantastic stories or something? With your incredible car history then surely you would appreciate that getting 350hp out of a Seat Leon isnt that difficult, and that said Leon would then hand a 350 its ass in a straight line? Or am I back in fairytale land again?
  10. You can do all of the above (a spacer is only like £120, you may as well buy one) but on balance you probably would still have trouble beating a VXR in a straight line, they are quick cars and easier to launch. Nothing wrong with a cheeky race from time to time either, its good fun ........ is having fun not why we all bought an impractical 2 seat fuel guzzler in the first place??
  11. Sorry, I forgot hearsay and conjecture trumps actual experience on here.
  12. And my point was that the car in the OP probably wasnt standard. If someone said it was an A3 that went past him would you believe it, theres plenty of them rocking about with 350+hp on the same engine Likewise, the Ibiza that went past my brothers Evo wasnt either, I later found out it was running around 400hp. Whatever the camera car is in the video I posted, I think we can all agree the Leon in it would destroy any NA 350Z As for getting power down, the quickest thing Ive ever seen on the road was my cousin in a 500hp Civic, he didnt seem to be struggling as he pi**ed off into the distance.
  13. aye right, I don't believe that for a minute ... Unless the ibiza had 4wd and +350bhp either that your brother didnt know how to drive the evo. My mates ibiza cupra r has 250ish and still cant get near the zed on track so for a 380hp evo to get spanked theres something seriously wrong . OK mate, whatevs .......... Ill just leave this here. IIRC Ibizas dont have 500hp or 4WD but it seems to have caned that R34 ..........
  14. The day my brother bought his car he got hassled by an Ibiza, as we reached the dual carriageway we were laughing about how the Ibiza was going to get blown away ........ it came flying past him as he went in 4th and carried on up the road. The lad was gutted. My brothers car?? A 380hp Evo8 .........
  15. Aye, 19" E92 M3 rims I think
  16. Yep, thats Jurgens company. Weird tings though, no power figures, reflashed ECU rather than standalone, the wheels are Gram Lights and not G Games .......... wouldnt say no mind you
  17. On behalf of a guy I know on Driftworks, For Sale thread is http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-c ... ghter.html there
  18. They continue to amaze me in the wet, its embarrassing as a supposed "proper drifter" clutch kicking the car and nothing happening because the tyres are still gripping. In the dry Ive found its best not to do donuts or 180's as they dont always let go no matter how much abuse you give them, I never had that problem with Vrede's Oh, and you dont do this if you dont have confidence in your tyres:
  19. Phaeton is possibly the best engineered car there is ............ but looks like a Passat A friend of mine is selling an XJR with LPG for £3200 atm, Im tempted as it will apparently use about half the fuel that my Zed does at the moment, worth considering :nod:
  20. Im actually starting to get withdrawal symptoms from beach volleyball, its sunny today so they wont be wearing clothes either. Have to say, the BBC highlights each evening are a really good way to catch up without missing anything, Ive actually started taping them and watching other stuff live. Good show Auntie Beeb.
  21. The last one I drove was a B7 - lovely engine, beautifully built, great to look at but had less grip than a monkey with no fingers and handled like a pig - literally, like what Id imagine a pig to handle like. I do have a friend selling a B7 RS4 within your ballpark though if you might be interested, Ive heard they are much better at corners Ive driven a friends 5.0 V8 XF a couple of times and was amazed at the way it hustles while still feeling like a magic carpet all the time - cant speak for the SV8 but have heard there were reliability issues in the old XJR's. Id definitely try one - I was looking at IS-F's/C63/M3's a little while back and while the "normal" XF is just a little soft for me, Im one of the few people that does very definitely need an LSD in my car, so probably not your average jag driver, the owner of this particular car is on his 4th jag in a row (second XF) and adores it. Even my missus likes it and she hates jags with a passion! And as for oversteering Audis ............ (any excuse)
  22. ........... and blatantly homosexual? Even if hes too young to know it yet, we all know the truth Dutch hockey team ahoy!!
  23. IS-F's are amazing if you can stretch to one, I dont know what XF V8's are costing s/h but they are similarly astonishing cars. If you cant do either of them then Id be looking at an AMG Merc or a 335 - 335 engines are one of my personal favourites, I like the V10 M5 but its sooooo thirsty its ridiculous and they are MASSIVE. Every S4 Ive driven Ive liked everything but the handling which Ive hated as it feels like the engine is about 10ft in front of the car I like the e-diff on the M3 but not so much on the 335, theres a guy on here that fitted a Quaife though and says its night and day :nod: Others to consider are Maserati Quattroporte, 535d (best car in the world?), lesser XF's (which are still pretty amazing cars), or from leftfield, what about an Evo X?
  24. I have to disagree, I didnt find the Vrede's particularly good in the wet and they were considerably less communicative, especially when on the limit. The RE050A's phone me up and have a 5 minute conversation before they give way, I think their outright grip is better as well. Not often a cheaper tyre performs better than a more expensive one
×
×
  • Create New...