Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. I cant fault anything in your assessment, same as my old mans old one. Lovely interior when you look and touch it, but the seats arent half as comfortable as they look. Engine doesnt have much go and the gearbox is shocking! We headed over to Swindon in our old one as a "treat" before I had the Zed, and it refused to give me any gears when trying to pull out into a rounderbout until about 2 seconds after I hit the accelerator! Some brown pants moments ensued and needless to say I never left it in auto after that! The Zed, with its lower rate interior, is far superior in almost all the ways that are important!
  2. do we get stand tickets too? Yes one stand pass per car will be allocated for those on the list
  3. We usually get a discount on the tickets too. No jumping the gun people
  4. Happy Birthday Al
  5. I had the Speed's I think, pretty basic by Recaro's standards but lovely and comfy. Rails back then were a bit of a ball ache, the only ones that fit properly were the Bride ones which cost the same as the seats by the time I'd imported them from the States! The rails were nice and low though, sitting me slightly lower than the standard leather seats which was perfect.
  6. Chris`I

    Japfest 2012

    Not going myself - but here is the official thread - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=55696 Locking this one, please keep everything in there
  7. Approved on the proviso that pics are going to be added imminently
  8. Lime Prime is their "cleanser", does pretty much the same as polish and does a good job. Supernatural is the wax you want, suits any car and makes them look lovely. Lasts well too. I use SN on my Zed and the missus Alfa
  9. Snow drift No Zeds up there that day
  10. Do they do a 350z-UK T-shirt? I think we need to make a Stig one. Much more options in the States, when Amanda got one there were loads of outfits!
  11. Biggest problem is that the forum software (phpBB) isnt easily extensible. Sure most of the ideas are doable but with the Olympics on the horizon, I think my employers have a more pressing demand for my coding skills than this place There may be a mod to allow for threads to be rated, I'll see if I can find that. The other ideas all seem like a lot of effort and will cause massive headaches when phpBB release updates as our hacks will cause the updates to fail.
  12. I'll have it for early May and take it to the Lakes then Mauritius and Dubia, but it would then miss the Wales weekend And Mr AK can have it at the end of June and take it MTBing in the Alps
  13. Given he's asking in Abbey's area, I assume he wants them to do the work To the OP, best to give them a ring as they arent always monitoring the forum
  14. Usually to do it properly you should hand it over to the next member, that way it gets to travel around the country properly
  15. ehhheeem... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... l-ban.html Oh dear... Try telling that to your patient if you're a surgeon, or to your passengers if you're a pilot and something goes wrong
  16. Funnily enough Google quite often finds stuff better than the built in search of the site. Not supprising when you compare a multimillion (billion?) dollar search giant vs some open source coders who do it in their spare time
  17. Depends on the definition of supporting. They give good support and in the right places. They dont hug you though, not compared to the Recaro's I had in my 350z. They are another level, but you do have to be rather slim to fit in them! If you are used to Recaro (proper Recaro buckets) then 370z seats will let you slide about quite a bit as the bolsters arent deep enough to hug you. They do support your back and sides though and are very comfy.
  18. Advanced Search works fine for me. I think most people have problems with the normal search as it only returns posts and not threads. Maybe that should be something we look at? Also Google has searches these pages time and time again, so it can find stuff on the site too. You just need to put "site:350z-uk.com" in the search bar (no quotes) with what you want to search and it will find it
  19. Or if of course you are a pro detailer, which is exactly who usually buys it. So the answer to the OP is pro detailers are stupid enough to buy it
  20. IBT
  21. Good to see some manufacturers out there use common sense rather than just replacing like for like and wondering why the failure happens again and again
  22. Very in keeping with the underside of the car
  23. Much more reasonable
  24. IIRC we did implement a new "welcome" email which details the most popular sections and also points to the FAQ area. Most members on here wont have seen it as its only about 6 months old, but we did tart it up. So its similar to a PM, but my guess is newbies just dont read it
×
×
  • Create New...