Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Are they actually available though? Or have they just not realised that they cant get them any more? Either they will remove them from the site when they realise they cant get them, or they have already bought some and have them in stock? NMGB assured me that the UKs allocation of Black Editions were all registered and no longer available to order via Nissan.
  2. +1 but doesnt happen often
  3. Kestrel DA6/Dodo DA or Megs DA, all are good. As Dan says DA is the way to go for learning, theres no reason you should need a proper rotary polisher unless you have some serious experience, especially with Zed paint
  4. None of the aforementioned exhausts will drone - they are all very similar designs really - not some cheapy knock off straight through jobs which sound aweful cruising. The Zed on the motorway is under very little load and quite low revs, so all is well
  5. Chris`I

    370z BHP

    VVEL seems such a simple idea when you understand it, I didnt know why more people havent used it in engines before. Thats until I saw it in action and thought how fast it has to work, its very impressive stuff!
  6. Chris`I

    370z BHP

    VVEL will play most part in this IMO. Besides that the 370z engine isnt much different to being a big 350z HR engine from what I understand. BUT the 370z has 2 sets of cats, and aftermarket exhausts remove these, so make the engine much free-er flowing. The ECU is also adaptive but in a good way, unlike the 350z. I think part of it is its just better designed to produce more power and de-tuned to get it work better in different climates and meeting various emissions rules. Which once tuned means you get all the power back that it was first designed to deliver - as at stock they run very rich for some reason.
  7. Chris`I

    z vs rs

    shhhhhhh! (thery're already here) Not with 370z's their not - yet. Will be a while for 370z to drop in value enough to be chavvy Or is this in the wrong section?
  8. Do they go on the primary socket or the secondary? That is if the router is plugged into a secondary socket ? I used to know all this stuff 10 years ago. It (the face plate) replaces the master socket from BT. It has a built in microfilter which is far superior to the ones used in those supplied with routers. On the front it has sockets for phone and router, but it also (crucially) has IDC terminals on the back where you can run the dedicated ADSL and phone lines seperately to other sockets. So by using this at the master socket and router at a second, the line is split into phone and ADSL signals much sooner, which means you get an even better SNR on the line Linky - http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php Having just had Infinity (aka Fibre to the cabinet) enabled in my home, BT have also switched over to this standard of having the filter built into the master socket (they replaced mine with their new one).
  9. Mines a bit slow today On a serious note, tell Sky to reset your profile. It takes a while as the others have said for the speeds to go back up after a problem. Also reboot the router every couple of days for a week. Dont do it too often or it will think there is another problem and throttle you back again. Also, I found getting an ADSL Nation replacement face plate got me up from 2.5Mbs to 4Mbs connection
  10. Chris`I

    370z BHP

    No changes that I know of. I think there was a slight tweak to the mapping for new Euro immissions but that was before the Zed even made it to the UK. Perhaps the MY2010 model had another tweak. I've heard all sorts quoted, 331PS, 332HP, 328HP, 326HP. I think its all down to someone not converting it properly or taking actual numbers they've somehow measured. I wouldnt worry about it, its not even 1% power difference! Plus, get a exhaust and remap and you're laughing, 20HP+ easily (upto 40HP if you get decats too!)
  11. Yeah cant get wrists through the slats, I meant if they are skinny you can get them around the bonnet latch. If you have children then they would be perfect for fetching the wind deflector once loose
  12. Just carry a couple of traffic cones in the boot. Park in the middle of 3 spaces and put the cones either side. Or get some trollies and put them in the spaces next to you, no one CBA to move them so you're safe. Just make sure they are against the curb so they wont roll anywhere.
  13. Chris`I

    z vs rs

    We're not common, so no we wont match them
  14. No mate I managed to do it by just taking the undertray off, then removing the deflector. They are only held on by clips. I was then able to feed it all back in from the bottom and route it to where I wanted from the top If you have skinny wrists then you can just do it through the slats in the front and fishing it out through the gap where the bonnet latch is
  15. It says he has an 04 plate in his sig
  16. +1, I really like the sat-nav excluding the postcode thing... actually touch screen would be nice also although at least that saves on wet wipes. You need an MY10+ 370z to get a touch screen
  17. Stillen is certainly a good choice. They were faultless delivering mine to me from the US, very quick and efficient. I got mine with free Gen3 intakes too so very happy. Akrapovic seems to be another choice that owners are very happy with too.
  18. Great pics
  19. No need to jump. Just requote as a new customer and phone customer services and give them the quote number. In my experience they look it up, match it then lop say £50 off for the hassle. Had this every year for the last 5 or so years. They always match and most of the time lop something off if you get a bit cheeky with them.
  20. Did this as a proof of concept on my old 350z. Does make a difference, but only on how long it takes to lower the temps from stationary. I found it dropped the temp by maybe 1 or 2 deg in normal driving. From a pull away it dropped the temps significantly quicker than not having it, but that was with a popcharger which was prone to heat soak
  21. Love the look of them, I think I would keep that PH one with black wheels and air scoops Not sure I would like to drive one in anger due to the short wheelbase and the tendancy to snap on the limit.
  22. Will be good to see the beast in action
  23. Chris`I

    BLEEDING BRAKES

    Have a helper pump two or three times on the pedal and keep pressure on and shout READY. You open the bleed nipple and pedal goes to the floor. When fliud stops coming out tighten it again and shout RELEASE. Helper can then release their foot and prime system again. Repeat that a few times on each side. Very important that while you have the nipples open that the pedal pressure is kept on. Also keep an eye on the resevior, dont let it drop below minimum.
  24. Doing discs and pads shouldnt throw a CEL. Get the code read, but it could just be coincidence.
  25. Do a quick press and it will cycle through the stages you get by turning the key each click in the 350z (and yes dont depress the clucth or brake)
×
×
  • Create New...