Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. But didn't he break it in the first place Hey - sometimes you have to break it to learn how to fix it properly. Just like building an FI car - sometimes they go pop
  2. IE is generally just a pain in the bum! The amount of standard that it doesnt actually follow is crazy. If you want things to display 100% correct, do not use IE I've just swapped over to Firefox 6 today and that seems to be running well
  3. Mike restarted the server. Not sure what caused it yet, will look into it tonight as work block the access I need to get to the server itself. Very random as it has behaved flawlessly for over a month
  4. Wonder if they fancy having a bash at making up the smoke colour for 40th Ann. and GTR owners
  5. And what did they say? I have to do a new quote with Admiral every year to get the best price, but they still beat everyone hands down. Its annoying that they do that, but if people werent mugs and automatically renewing, they wouldnt bother doing it
  6. Yeah UpRev hasnt been available that long in the UK
  7. It doesnt. They are still building parts of our developement and we can get insurance. For those interested I had a quick Google and this is top of the list - http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/ca ... -list.html Pretty much all of Basingstoke is an A (lowest risk). Also states that cars/bikes in certain areas will require the owner to have them garaged. Once you guys are done sorting out the car insurance risk model, maybe you can take a crack at weather predition, they are pretty crap at that too
  8. Is that not just a normal 350z with a Nismo kit on it though? I forget the versions now, but I dont think that is an actual "Nismo" version, rather a normal car with the Nismo kit. The white one above is the NISMO 350z S-Tune which is a proper NISMO produced car with uprated engine and handling parts - but I bet NMGB brought it in as a standard car so they didnt have to pay for a model report.
  9. Anything higher is fine, just dont expect any extra performance over what 98RON would give. I think in reality it will wind the timing forward so you may get a bit of performance gain, but not 100% sure. Is it not uber expensive?
  10. Thats a fair point I had forgotten about that. Wonder what it says on his V5 as the model. I assume he ended up coughing up for the model report then as I'm sure I've seen pics of it on the road The one that I posted pics of above I'm sure will just be registered as a FairladyZ and not a Nismo version
  11. That cable tight rope move was mental - definately "the" move of the film!
  12. Basingstoke appears to be a low risk area going by the quotes I've had compared to others
  13. If you were on the flat then you werent gentle enough with throttle control getting it down to idle revs. Every car I've driven will pootle along in 1st and 2nd on idle revs on the flat with no throttle input. Zed has lots of torque, so I'd imagine it will do it in 3rd/4th and possibly 5th When it snowed last year I was stuck on the A33 and some chap tried to give me a push. He kept moaning about the wheels spinning and gave me some crap about putting it into a higher gear and revving it less. I was in 3rd and idle revs and it still span. Got moving again eventually after a few more people helped out. Many beemers didnt make it up that hill but little old Zed did on idle revs and 2nd gear
  14. Is it really that hard to get your head around? OK so in "good areas" having it on the street is better as they have less claims of people bashing them into the garage and this is a higher risk than those getting broken into (ie they pay more out for garage prangs than break ins on the street). In the OPs case, he is (quite likely) in a "bad area" according to the underwriters and the only way they will cover it is if it is locked up in a garage. In this case the risk of it being nicked off the street is high so they will only cover it if its locked up. They will weight the premium for it being in a garage, but at least they are willing to cover it. Insurance companies arent stupid, they weight their premiums based on claims that they have had, they dont just make up silly rules. Now this means for most you get a good deal as the premium is tailored to your circumstances, but if you do fall into a higher risk category it means you will be weighted up accordingly or told you wont be covered. If you dont like it then go somewhere else. Simples
  15. Its like own brand beans vs Heinz. At the end of the day, its all beans, but anything but Heinz just isnt doing it right
  16. Megaskills done it again - saw this on Concrete Circus last night, which Danny's film was far and away the best
  17. Hair dryer and floss. Moved to other cars
  18. What Nismo version are we talking about here? That one above is a Nissan GB press car, I was ahead of it on the Z Club parade lap. Is it an official Nismo car? I thought it was just a Nismo kitted car, although it does have Nismo seats. I only know of one V3 Nismo in the country, but that doesnt mean there arent more either. They could likely be registered just as 350z on any official documentation.
  19. Depends if you consider it to be a sports car or a GT car I guess For me uber lairy colours are reserved for super/hypercars but nice colours to set off the car are good if its not a daily driver and can be looked after
  20. Chris`I

    IM BACK !!

    You are quite right
  21. Chris`I

    IM BACK !!

    Slip light will 99.9% be down to wrong tyre sizes as Lexx says. Pop up the tyre sizes on here and we will confirm Dying batteries can also cause the problems you say you have, the Zed is very weird when the battery is on the way out. Get a new one and job will likely be a good un.
  22. Congrats. As you have the best avatar too
  23. But still with a Zed
  24. Signed and added to the club Facebook page - not that it will do anything
  25. Maybe this - viewtopic.php?f=157&t=29380 (not sure he can still get them but shows that he did)
×
×
  • Create New...