Jump to content

jim

Members
  • Posts

    2,754
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jim

  1. I decided to find out a bit more about this unit, and it does seem to be a nice piece of kit, judging from the youTube clips. However, I noticed that the Ecudatascan.com website account has been suspended - I presume the manufacturer has gone out of business?
  2. jim

    Boot size

    I doubt if you could get two sets and trolleys in there. Having said that, if you take the wheels off the trolleys they might squeeze in.
  3. Vidoe clip now added to post above.
  4. Got my new Cobra exhaust fitted last week. Will try to get a video clip uploaded soon.
  5. Wow - that's green! A green Z has been done before, but not quite that shade. I think there's a photo of Paul's green machine on this thread somewhere. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=52431
  6. Yes, CS, this looks just like it. You have pm.
  7. I've now had the exhaust checked out and it is a small leak coming from the joint between the back box and the mid section pipe. This joint is badly corroded so it looks like both sections will have to be replaced. However, I noticed that the OEM mid section appears to have a small silencer box included in it and this is different from the Cobra and Scorpion systems. Is this a JDM issue or do all Zs have this box?
  8. Thanks to you both for clarifying.
  9. Jim, Scorpion say that it's not suitable for the JDM Zed but we know lots of JDM Zeds that have the Scorpion fitted with Zero fitment issues... You can also opt for the Cobra exhaust which would be in keeping with the OEM tips dependent on which tip you choose... Drop me a PM should you decide to get one... Thanks for the quick reply and the advice. Re. the Cobra systems - sorry for the daft question, but what does "resonated" mean? I'll be getting the exhaust checked out later this week at my local garage and then I'll know what I'm dealing with. I may be in touch after that.
  10. My OEM exhaust on the 03 JDM is making a strange noise - I think there's either a leak or something has become damaged inside the back box. If I have to replace it, I woud not be wanting a very noisy system, but at these prices I don't fancy going for an OEM system. Does anyone know if the Scorpion would fit a JDM car?
  11. No, you were right first time - Lexus would be singular and Lexi would be plural, if it was a real word derived from Latin.
  12. Yes, but updated a bit, and well worth reading and enjoying again.
  13. I'd be interested in how you get on at this bodyshop. If it's any good I have a small job I need doing soon and I'm in the same area. What was the name of the company?.
  14. A polished plenum and a bit of work with spray paints gave me this result.
  15. It looks great. You said that apart from a couple of self-tappers, there were no screws used to fix it to the bumper. Did it come with 3M tape on it?
  16. No, sorry. This was five years ago! As said, I used a piece of cardboard and trimmed it until it was fitting properly then used that as a template to cut the MDF. I binned the cardboard ages ago.
  17. Why do without - just make your own. Quite a few of us on here have done that quite successfully. I made mine from MDF, after using cardboard to create a template. I covered it in black fabric and added a Nissan badge to finish it off. It's just a push fit under the strut brace so it is very easy to take in and out.
  18. This car seems to belong to someone who lives in the Kinnaird village estate, a new development off Bellsdyke Road in Larbert. It's very near to me and I've seen the car a few times but never had a card ready to pop on his windscreen. I'll keep trying, though!
  19. No longer for sale. Mods please close this thread. Thanks.
  20. This needs to go - offers?
  21. OK - is anyone interested at £75?
  22. +3 to the other responses. I don't believe for a second that Alex would have said or even implied what is being stated here.
  23. Cheers, Neil. No worries.
  24. Quick update on this. Eventually went to Power Tune in Motherwell for a remap. Joe did an excellent job, and explained everything very clearly before and afterwards. The cost was very reasonable, and a lot cheaper than some of the tuning kits I was looking at. The car is transformed, better torque across the rev range, no flat spots now and mpg improved by 10-15%, depending on driving style! All in all, just what I wanted. Cheers for all the advice, guys.
  25. jim

    350z genuine mats

    eBay? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Nissa ... 5d2fd531ad
×
×
  • Create New...