Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. Apple does a very good job of making products that work and are user friendly. My wife is an iWhore like ekona. And I have to say I can't fault the system. I tried apple and didn't like it. Found it very restrictive, no ability to really personalise. Been on android for 5 years now. And it is good. But next year I hope to move to windows phone. Not because its better but because it will be the same as my surface tablet and my win 8 desktop. I'm institutionalised. But taking a leaf out of apples book and having everything on the same os makes sense. I'm not a heavy app user, and I think next year I'll down grade my tech as I don't use my mobile as much as 5 years ago. Apples inability to change away from what it knows is looking like its the company bonus, but now also its choke point.
  2. Do as i say; not as i do!
  3. good effort mark, you have your work cut out, you'll look like popeye when your done
  4. And the bodyshop I use also has a performance garage attached that does mechanical. They do all the work on all my cars.
  5. Bodywork as far as I know is not their thing, you also have Kaiser performance you way as well for mechanical work. Bodyshop wise I'm not sure what's in your area that I would recommend. Don't know the area well enough. My place in Suffolk would sort you out and give you a courtesy car as well.
  6. Depending on body shop I think the final bill all in will be between £700-£1000
  7. Should have come and knock on the door, you could bung the car on my drive and used my garage, I'd have given you a hand as well.
  8. Nissan paint is really soft, I swear I had a scratch and I was able to almost sqidge the paint back over the scratch
  9. I take that back prices range between £70 and £120 for the wing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-2003-Front-Wing-With-Hole-R-h-/400448203433?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d3c92aaa9 front bumpers more like £200 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-PRE-FACELIFT-FRONT-BUMPER-GENUINE-NISSAN-PART-/281110952455?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item417384ba07
  10. 2nd hand bumper about £150, 2nd hand wing about another £150, and then about £250 to spray the wing and £300 to spray the bumper. But that's guesstimates.
  11. Sounds about right.
  12. All zed Bose stuff is rebadged clarion.
  13. Between 16 and 25 mpg depending on if its town or distance driving. But I do have a bigger lower pulley and more power. I would guess the rr would be about 13-25mpg
  14. From memory its the same engine that's in my jag, but the range is twice the weight, so expect single figure low teens mpg
  15. So sorry to see that.
  16. I'm sure you'll make a lovely bride congrats and good luck
  17. be interesting to see what happens. if its a rebuild of old cars like MG or new vehicles
  18. My jag has sport mode, standard is very fast, sport mode is super fast, the S stands for super.
  19. There is a metallic purple from I think Avery, but no air Tec, but I think you can wrap with it. You'd need to speak to your wrapper to see what they can get/use etc
  20. anglesey is a superb track, driven it twice, one of my favourites. can be a little wet sometimes but its a nice area. holyhead is a bit of a dump, but bangor is nice. ad the drive across the islands is nice. watch it on the A55 lots of unmarked bobbies. stick to 80 or less and they leave you alone.
  21. most body shops like to paint to an edge as its easier than blending 2 paints together and feathering in the colour. you might be alright and the bodyshop says they'll blend it in. rear hatch isn't too bad, as there isnt alot of metal to paint, its mostly glass. as for the front, if your respraying the front anyway then it shouldnt be too much to fill the badge recess. only guidance would be that they should fill it with GRP first then finish off with a filler. most good bodyshops should do this anyway. but cheap places might just try a filler job, looks fine for a few months, then you get some plastic retraction through a heat cycle or a knock and the filler will crack out. if its had a glass fibre fill then finished off with filler it should last mucho long time.
  22. have a read here http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/24028-tappet-nightmare/ http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?showtopic=11090
  23. just remembered zeds dont have tappets
×
×
  • Create New...