Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. Jet pilots right, you sacrifice tyre profile for wheel diameter. The rolling radius stays almost the same regardless of wheel size. If not you'll throw the Speedo out. Only thing I would say is 19's will make the calipers more visible. If you have piddly little brake calipers, then bigger wheels can make your car look like it's on rollerskates. If you go for a very open wheel I'd make sure you have the calipers and discs to fill them. I run 20" wheels on my car but then I also have huge 6 pot fronts and 4 pot rear calipers mounted on 355mm discs. It all looks in proportion.
  2. Ekona you remember my crash in the mr2 yours sounds almost identical to what I went though. It does knock your confidence, but it will come back. I have found in the many years since that crash that I think it's made me an even better driver in the wet. I tend to read the road and conditions even better now. I'll ring you later am interested to know who's car you borrowed. Does their name begin with M?
  3. You need to read your own text. Most of that I knew, but the guy says no more scavenging after the y pipe. An x or h pipe replace the y pipe. And if built properly are set slightly back anyway. Which is where the scavenging happens. That whole text is on how pipe diameter affects exhaust pressure. It makes perfect sense but it completely agrees with what I said originally.
  4. I had a similiar issue when working in my local wetherapoons now I'm banned from all the national branches. Some bloke called me a bar steward. I called him a ***** and punched him in the face. Next thing I know I've got the sack.
  5. one up from limo
  6. Any product like this is better than nothing. I use the piaa stuff and have used the rainx, there are a few others I plan to try.
  7. He's trying to catch me up.
  8. Congrats mate, good work
  9. from memory the only change was a bigger belt
  10. On the xkr super charger there are 2 pulleys you can change. You can either put a larger lower pulley on the bottom, or a smaller pulley at the top. You can do both but theen you need to upgrade the charge coolers. Jag runs a proper old school top mounted twin screw charger setup. Unlike the bolt on snail shells like the vortech setups.
  11. With the new job and babies i'm going diesel
  12. F-Type!!! I wish maybe if I win the lottery
  13. if I had the spare cash, when I come to change the XKR I would love an XF but not sure the budget will stretch, so I think I might scratch the alfa itch I've had for a while
  14. I even like the estate version http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Jaguar-XFR-S-Sportbrake-2013-spy-shots-of-a-Jag-super-estate/ and apparently I heard a rumour one of the car review places had taken it round a track in comparison to ths standard XFR and the sportbrake was quicker.
  15. a 3 door version would look very nice and turn an already stunning car into an even more stunning car.
  16. i like it
  17. There is a good video guide on youtube, its good fun. and a good way to learn ps
  18. here is some of the stuff I previously sorted for members when I used to trade on the forum
  19. water temperature, time soaked, amount of release spray, rinse time, rinse temperature. painted used etc all have an effect on the finished result, you have to play around with different settings till you find what works best for you. it looks easy but it is very much a practised art form and not just a quick results job.
  20. I have a load of spare stuff that I was going to sell off as a kit if someone wanted to do their own.
×
×
  • Create New...