Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Well when I'm down at the Zed Shed next, and the boys of the Zed Shed setup a meet, hopefully at the same time maybe catchup and get some shots. A pint or two your way for the pleasure.
  2. I'm well impressed, where are you based. See you tomo night (I can see next years calendar all being night shots )
  3. Ha ha nice one. Ooooh do tell.... now I'm excited - what is it? (Don't you dare make me wait till the morning!!)
  4. :lol: If I pass over a phone pic it won't give you the true pic, without the flash they look off colour, and with the flash over colour. Can't win. Although the DSLR picked them up perfectly.
  5. Patience my friend....... until the morning..... then I'll post up pics of them all. You're seriously telling ME to have patience?! you don't know me very well sir! Yes and I'm sure you'll be very good at it till the morning. Just dream of purple things and all will become clearer!
  6. Patience my friend....... until the morning..... then I'll post up pics of them all.
  7. Okay fresh update. The spacers have been anodised apart from one (red) which I wasn't happy with so they've been asked to do it again. I should have it back by Friday. The others are in, the Gold is rather nice, and purple, well, I best no say, as it might be one of those 50 shades of purple. I have taken a photo with my phone, but as it's evening the colours don't look right via the phone. So I've since taken a picture with my DSLR but as my laptops playing up it won'd read my SD cards anymore (ever since I did a system restore). So I'll take a pic tomorrow morning in the daylight to portray the colours correctly. I'm just waiting on the gaskets to be provided, which also should be the end of the week. So hopefully all should be ready some time next week. I'll send PM's for the balances due on the list.
  8. In what respect, detailing or polishing? I'm in Dublin weekend of the 16th March, but not sure my Mrs would allow me to disappear for working purposes.
  9. Perfect choice of rim and colour for Norman
  10. Loving the first two pics - very nice
  11. Wasso

    GTR Factory

    But still, they've canned the ass off it on their track. That's like having sex before the foreplay?
  12. Agreed I'd stick with a branded item. I'm personaly not even a fan of the copies, there's a distinct difference.
  13. HELL YEAH!!! That's about the most factual comment this week I have to say. What's Bob going to do without his foreman? you know that if you leave him in there with your array of tools there will be holes everywhere!!! :yikes: Hope you get on the mend soon Chris, and don't worry about smoking you'll be fine (awaits comments from the gang)
  14. That was the best one ever though eh. I watched it on the TV and pi**ed myself laughing. He keeps doing it now and again and just cracks me up.
  15. You've got one in your garden, you just need a Zed........................... That's a Zed hotel!!
  16. That's brilliant doogy Why not pop back for a short break?
  17. would love to ski in the USA but its expensive and not much night life so i have heard? Tree stumps are good as long as their is enough snow covering them! ha.. Even 12 years ago it was £45 a day for a lift pass, ANY ski equipment was twice the price of Europe. Food and drink was very expensive in the mountains. BUT the skiing was amazing. They say America and Canada have champagne powder, I thought it was bull, but its actually true. Their snow is far better, very light and doesn't congeal like in our cold/mild temps in Europe. Yeah night life, well there is some, but not like Europe. We were staying 1hrs drive from the mountains but still managed to get to Beaver Creek, Loveland, Breckinridge and Aspen. All really great places. Even had my first experience of oxygen starvation due to skiing at altitude, its all very strange being out of breath just getting off the ski lift. That trip had a bad ending though, ended up with 13 stitches in my head and a $2,500 bill. That was the day we had a day off skiing and decided to get drunk. I've learnt my lesson, alcohol and impersonating Jackie Chan doesn't mix.
  18. Wicked Tim as always. Not a big fan of trees especially when they cut a few down only to find a stump underneath. Did some off piste in America, heck that was 12 years ago now (doesn't time fly). Best powder I've ever skied, large open free off piste. Just gota watch out for the double diamond runs, advisable to take a medic with you just in case.
  19. Very
  20. Wasso

    GTR Factory

    I'm not convinced, when my mate came round with his GTR I said come on then lets go for a spin. He said that he wasn't able to due to the strict guidelines. Here's the procedures. Until 300 miles (500 km): Do not depress the accelerator pedal more than halfway and avoid rapid acceleration. Drive with the engine speed kept at less than 3,500 RPM. Avoid unnecessary quick steering, abrupt braking and driving on poor roads. 300 to 600 miles (500 to 1,000 km) Avoid rapid acceleration in a low gear (1st to 3rd gears) with the accelerator pedal fully depressed. Depress the pedal slowly. Avoid unnecessary quick steering and abrupt braking. Drive with the suspension setup switch in the COMF mode to allow more suspension stroke. 600 to 1,200 miles (1,000 to 2,000 km) Drive with the engine speed kept relatively high. Shifting is recommended between 1st and 4th gears The guys at the test track clearly don't follow any of the above, so why would the "owner" be forced to follow the above, despite it being flogged round their test track? After the 1,200 miles the car is then taken into their GTR dealership and given a full check over.
  21. I believe there are screws (4) which hold the gaiter in place under the gear surround. Take it off, unscrew and pull out the old gaiter. The new gaiter will need to then feed into the same place and affixed with screws again. A very easy job really. Get the surround off and start unscrewing
  22. Wasso

    GTR Factory

    If that be the case, why do they have to be driven with strict breaking in procedures for 2,000 miles. Just seems strange?
  23. Nice one smudge And BIG weeeyheeyyy to Daz.... Good show mate, perseverance is clearly the highlight of the day. Smudge hope you've got some new wheels.....
  24. Everyone has an opinion as exampled in this thread. We're not having a direct dig at the chap, so maybe you should back off a little. Like I said if he likes it that's all that matters, and we're all entitled to an opinion.
  25. Wasso

    GTR Factory

    +1 especially when you bring a GTR into the midst of things, ensuring the right team are on hand at the right time, then hey presto there pops up an engine just in time to be married with the car. Epic!
×
×
  • Create New...