Jump to content

hmale4yu

Members
  • Posts

    398
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by hmale4yu

  1. I think its a manageable car tbh. Lol at the thread starting all about its performance capabilities and then I chime in and you see luggage storage solutions ha. Would like to know if anyone has noticed a visual difference between the two reds on offer ; ones a £2k option that I don't think people will pay a premium for - could be wrong. Advise to avoid the pastel yellow or maybe these will be going cheaper as hard to shift
  2. i have a feeling that was the original plan but they have gone back to the drawing board hence the delay
  3. I agree in that from 2020/21 there will be a good selection of new cars. I don't like being a sheep but heard it here first I have a feeling the next gen golf GTI/R will be a cracker I think the real bargain BMW now/near future will be the M6 and any highly specced 6 series. Re Nissan , the Z looks like it will be pushed back even further - take the Juke as a reference point; the concept should have been unveiled by now. Even if there was a Z concept revealed in 2019 (basically now) then we would have it going into production earliest late 2020. And that's v optimistic - we know with the Z it gets released Japan and US then Europe so even by that optimistic time frame we are looking at earliest UK release mid 2021
  4. i share the opinion that this is becoming more of a potential future buy with the prices to have slightly dropped now good examples mid £30ks On the UK forums they say that its reliable as anything quoting high mileage figs from US users across the pond but that may be Alfa owners viewing things from the perspective of a bit of bias. One thing is for sure - that servicing at Alfaworks is a must for this specialist car as the main network is p poor Additional Pros: Buy a good one mid 30ks and really won't be difficult to sell on/depreciate much , fuel economy, looks good in any colour/spec level (silver seems popular in London but not my fav) The biggest thing holding me back is the lack of luggage space. I might get bashed for this but I think one solution to make this car more practically viable to put a boot rail/boot bag as per the following links. If it were my 4C I would wrap the boot in PPF/vinyl then attach the rail so as to avoid any any possible marks that may arise due to it. Then attach a holdall using rope for when you need to carry extra items like the food shop. The following web site has the rail that I would use http://revo-rack.com/language/en/convertible-luggage-rack/alfa-romeo-spider-luggage-rack/ The website says that the width of the rail is 36" and on 4C forums the interior width is about 29" but it is the actual width of the external boot lid you need and I think it might just fit tbh Alternatively there are boot bags going on ebay for the 4C: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-4c-Spider-Luggage-Rack-Deck-Rack-boot-bag-original-/173553702155 Interesting side note is that prior to getting the 370z Nismo I explored this luggage solution but the overall design of the slope at the rear and spoiler positioning allows no roof to secure a bag/rail
  5. Supra sales will be interesting - interesting to see what colours will have to choose from. Might be tempted to pick one up in 2020/21 after the initial depreciation hit? As mentioned there is a growing shortage of real alternatives in every premium segment/sub segment as the 3 German brands have a tight grip on every class where the consumer seeks luxury and/or performance . The other brands are only really able to compete for the economy segment slice of the pie I think the only route in is to put out amazing performance for the price that the rivals are no where near . Best example imo would be the GTR. Anything with even respectable performance just wont sell: Stinger, GT86, Type R Stunning looks alone cannot guarantee sales away from German marques ; Alfa 4c, Lexus LC500, 370z Nismo The only real alternative that has made a slight mark here is the mustang
  6. Another issue is (unlike the 350/370z) the Q60s are a loaded tech fest (drive by wire, twin turbos, dual screen nav, 360 cameras etc) so you need to buy an expensive service plan once they come out of their 3 yr warranty in 2020/21 if looking to buy cheap at that time when they should be £20-25k imo
  7. I previously posted a thread about Infiniti back in July which didn't get much of a response so apologies if this is non-news to some lol I have just found out that when you go to their website that their new car offerings are now down to 3 models ! Looks like there will no longer be any Q60s for 2019> Your initial thoughts? Even though I've never seen the car in the flesh I always thought it looked great. The 2.0s are q cheap now having had their initial depreciation hit. The 3.0 Q60s being released a bit later are still q high on the 2nd hand market . No doubt now these will be q rare given that effectively they will have run from 2017/18 I believe. May not come down much? who knows
  8. really like the front end and put some hope that this will be incorporated in the future into one of the models... but who knows
×
×
  • Create New...