Jump to content

veeg33

Members
  • Posts

    2,060
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by veeg33

  1. Ready for MOT and service on Tuesday Engine oil + filter Air filter Differential oil Gearbox oil + molly slip Front and rear disc (dimpled and grooved) + Brembo pads
  2. Top ones should be the ones you need for non Brembo calipers, rectangular shaped, whilst the square ish ones are Brembo calipers.
  3. Both pumps are different, mainly just the connector. Make sure you buy one each.
  4. I'm 90% sure EuroCarParts have them as I as given the wrong set last week and had to go bk to change it. The one you need should be 10170247A (if I remember correctly, the wrong ones looked similar to your pic). I went back and replaced it with 10180011A (for Brembo) . U can order online with code BLACKFRIDAY, its £22.25 for them Brembo pads.
  5. I believe DIY really life test more than measured lab test in the case hence your test is much more likely to give guidance to me on which one to buy. I feel BH is indirect saying your test is complete BS and should not be taken into consideration when choosing the right product. As Stu said, lab will give a MPG figure that you'll never achieve in real life.
  6. Any heating engineer here in the forum that happy to give some advice? Purchased a Nest 3rd gen learning thermostat. I'm good with most DIY at home but this is a bit tricky as I'm not too sure where things are. My hot water tank has a junction box, Danfoss Wb12, I have a Danfoss programmer Tp9000ma-si and Worcester Greenstar Ri boiler. Junction box is next to the water tank upstairs, programmer is downstairs next to the stairs and boiler is in the garage. I've seen many examples of people replacing the programmer with the Heat Link and have the Nest thermostat plugged into a USB power somewhere else. But i wanted to replace the programmer with the Nest thermostat and have the heat link hidden somewhere (assuming I can wire it next to the junction box in the airing cupboard?) I have removed to cover on the programmer and took pic of the wiring (1st pic below) . Then i went upstairs to remove the junction box cover and took another picture and try if I can match the cables. (pic 2). It has 12 points, however the white cable that goes into the junction box doesn't seems to match the cables that goes into the programmer hence I'm stuck. Is my thought process correct?
  7. 10/10 on effort...........but This looks like a work you would expect from Leepu from Chop Shop: London Garage https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangla_Bangers
  8. Hello and welcome
  9. Slightly louder than OEM but deep solid tone (bass been tuned up to max). Hopefully once it's bedded in, it should be louder, I might go for HFC in future if I wanted it to be louder. No drone at all inside the car, pretty similar to OEM and hardly noticeable I've changed exhaust. But the best bit is when I change gear and revving up over 3k (when stationary) a tiny bit of burble and very mild pop&bang. Overall I'm happy with it.
  10. Finally a wash Absolutely loved the TS side diffuser! I'm still not too sure but thinking of the Nismo spats to finish of the zed nicely at the rear......
  11. Credit goes to Bob at Tarmac Sportz, I'm just waiting in the waiting area and came out to this
  12. I would say get them from Tarmac Sportz, I just had mine fitted yesterday by them. The w brace comes with 'floating' hole hence can be adjusted to fit. They are selling for £163 including free shipping - https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/suspension/braces-anti-roll-bars/ultra-racing-nissan-350z-rear-lower-brace-standard-w-brace-replacement.html (out of stock now as I had the last one yesterday )
  13. Sorry mod, another one to delete. When i press 'Post' comment, the screen stayed the same but it has actually been posted
  14. Massive thanks to Chris @Tarmac@TarmacSportz and Bob @busterfor giving me ZEDITUS this morning B). On a serious note, thanks for sorting me out and thanks Bob for getting the Invidia Gemini exhaust, TS side steps and Ultra Racing W-brace fitted to my zed. Also not forgetting the free Tarmac Sportz t-shirt
  15. I was hoping they do (they did offer that I can use their jet wash) , my car was filthy when I reached them, hence no pics yet
  16. Sneak peek.... Many thanks to @Tarmac@TarmacSportz and @buster for sorting this out for me.
  17. Today is the day! Landed at Tarmac Sportz..... Came for exhaust fitted, ended up with severe ZEDITUS! Spending extra to get side steps and ultra racing with brace fitted too....
  18. Price difference wasn't much between them, hence went for the ClarkMotorSport(CMS) shims as I'm getting bits and bobs from Ewen. Thanks for the info.
  19. Will be getting my disc and pads replaced soon hence I'm buying parts ahead of it, I'll be getting the garage to do it on the same day before MOT. I'm not sure if my current pads have shims on them (1st pads change next month in 4 years of ownership), my research says that I could 99% reuse them if I have them but if not, i would like them to fit shims on it just to be on the safe side to avoid any squeaking noise. The question: Rubber shims (Mintex MBA30) or metal shims (will be giving Ewen@clarksmotorsport a ring)? What's the difference and which one is better or both works the same?
  20. Sorry, don't quite get your question. My switch is on the 'door' position. Every time I unlock with fob, the lights will come on and also when I switch off the engine, it will also come on even with doors still shut. Everything is working as 'normal' I suppose, if not that's exactly how I want it to be
  21. yep, my lights came on when I unlock with the fob. Hope you'll find the root cause....
  22. I have a DE and I'm not aware of 'auto shutoff' or have experience (touch wood). As I only needed to take her to nursery (10 mins drive mainly on busy town route), I opt for a simple car seat (https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5326208) and positioned the passenger seat furthest away. Always ensure my little one is fully strapped with minimum movement on the seat belt. Looking at the video (posted today by da.murf), I'm confident that my little one is no where near the airbag deployment zone-->
  23. Option 3 would be my preference, but my OCD kicks in when the colour of the center housing (ABS + Horn) doesn't really match the new steering wheel. I've seen pics of this before and the colour difference really stands out. Does anyone know if the bits behind the center housing (350z) can be removed so that the housing can be sprayed to closer match the new steering wheel?
  24. A tiny bit of drama last weekend, ABS, TSC and Slip lights are lighted up.......Code reader doesn't show any code, pedal dance (after 5 go's) returned 10xslow, 10xslow, 10xslow, 10xfast --> P0000 = No fault code. Checked by brake fluid level, 2mm from the max line hence drove to a local Nissan Stealership on Saturday to buy a 1ltr bottle. Concern my Bluetooth dongle wasn't reliable, I purchased a wired code reader online. Total spend so far £19. Topped up fluid and started the car, light press on pedal, no lights, heavy press, all 3 lights back on Did a quick search on the forum and found out that I've not check the brake switch. Removed the connector from the switch, give both side a good spray of contact cleaner. Plug it back on and guess what, rear brake lights are not working when i put my foot on the pedal. Removed the connector again this time gave it a few more spray and a few scrape with a tiny screw driver. Took the opportunity to swap the rear lights out to LED as I've swapped them out earlier this year as I'm selling the zed. Everything back on and I have my rear brake lights on again. Started the engine.......heave press..........no lights!!!!!! This is actually quite scary knowing that both ABS and TSC are not working when something so simple light a brake switch is 'not connected' I can only assume that the zed can't determine if the zed is under braking or not if the switch is not sending them signals. Anyway.....all sorted now, just 10 more days to go for new shiny exhaust!!!!! My biggest purchase for the zed.
×
×
  • Create New...