Jump to content

Richf

Members
  • Posts

    1,959
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Richf

  1. well there is a question , ive no idea what they weigh , i'm guessing whatever it was its less now I've cut a groove in it . I imagine though there must be a standard size and weight for hockey pucks ?
  2. Have you tried sucking the fluid through with a vacuum pump? Another trick I have found is to jam the clutch pedal down over night , the air often works its way up to the reservoir then
  3. I flattened the axle stands a little with a big hammer
  4. It's oil pressure and no it's still on-going
  5. Sure this isn't rocket science but might be of help to some. . A cheap and good solution for jacking up the zed on the approved jacking points on the sills , you need a special shaped pad here so you don't damage the pinch weld on the sill . You can buy solid rubber hockey pucks on eBay for just a few pounds each Cut a channel down the middle with an angle grinder , a grinding disc works fine , the groove you need is about 5mm deep but just keep trial fitting until the puck fits flush each side of the seam . Job done , you can use these with any type of jack and they are especially useful with axle stands, the rubber surface helps stop the stand from slipping Usual caveats apply , be very careful when working under your car and you do so at your own risk
  6. I normally leave them at a tuner until i can pop over with a bigger car
  7. Yeah as I said they wouldn't even have to give a reason at all but , best of luck in her new job
  8. Richf

    Winter Tyres

    I don't worry about needing winter tyres personally , I know I can drive to the conditions , being able to stop quicker than the car behind is not always a good thing. I know they can be of benefit , I used to live in Canada but I'm not convinced they are of benefit over here as if the roads really get bad enough to need them then everywhere is closed anyhow and the hills get blocked with stuck 44t trucks. I'd run the winter car and keep the zed tucked up myself
  9. Richf

    Next car?

    Stunning, less than £6k?? £4600 . Needed a fair bit of tlc but not a lot of money , but then I can do most things myself
  10. Until she has worked there two years she has no employment rights anyway, so whilst talks of "what's in her contract " etc are sometimes useful in this case they aren't necessarily going to be of any use
  11. It will change quite a bit after a while , stainless systems mellow once they get carbon inside them and sound nicer
  12. How long has she worked there ?
  13. Richf

    Next car?

    £6k will see you in a 34gtt , I paid less than that for mine last year
  14. From what I understand there are two sensors each side so four, the regular O2 ones which sit before the cat and two that sit after the cat and measure its efficiency , it's these sensors that are troublesome setting off cel lights etc and these are the ones disabled during up rev. So cats or no cats won't make any difference
  15. Ducks were also regarded as fish for Tudor Christians where fish had to be eaten on Fridays
  16. His is topless though
  17. If you need some help I have a day planned in the garage tomorrow if you fancy a drive up the a34 i could take a look for you
  18. Kris Kristofferson was in the movie Convoy which helped fuel the craze for CB radio in the UK
  19. In the Navy is an Abbott and Costello film made to support a US draft prior to the USA coming in WW"
  20. check the engine is getting up to temp as well , could be stuck thermostat
  21. Yeah sure pm me
  22. Thought the 86 was under 200hp as well
  23. Not sure about the z but I personally find Tein springs a little harder than eibach, I have the latter on my Fabia vrs daily and they are fine
×
×
  • Create New...