Plenum spacer ~ it increases bhp/torque on the Zed by increasing the volume the standard plenum can hold which as standard is restrictive. You can get a beautiful shiny example from a member trader on here called Wasso, Horsham Developments also do their own version and you can also get a Motordyne or AAM version.
Some examples: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71728-fsbatch-4-custom-anodised-plenum-spacers-170/
http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/AAM_Competition_Angled_Plenum_Spacer_03_06_350z/350z-AAM35I-APS_.aspx
http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_Motordyne_Basic_Plenum_Spacer/350MD516PS_.aspx
Supercharger or turbo charger does involve a lot of parts that ideally need replacing or upgrading. Plenty of threads, info and member builds on this subject on this forum. Take a look at my build thread (linked below in my signature) to give you an idea of some of what's involved with supercharging the Zed.
Same here. I'd never risk it and have always used Super Unleaded during my Zed ownership.
I remember though when I collected my car commenting to the salesman at the garage that the fuel was a little low so out the guy came with a jerry can of fuel. No flippin' way it was Super Unleaded in the can so I took a very gentle drive back towards home (9 miles odd) as I knew you should only use Super ~ filled it up as soon as I spotted the first fuel station I came across.
Don't even want to think about what cr*p fuel previous owners may have put in it. Just have to hope they read the fuel filler flap or the manual at least.
Glad to read it's sorted for you sipar.
I'm with Ekona on this, ....try the O2 spacers first & if they don't sort the problem and you can't justify the UpRev then maybe consider changing back to the OEM.
Personally I'd keep the HFC's and go see Mark one day if you can especially if your keeping the car for a good while longer.
Hi Jamie, Llanelli? never heard of it.
Only joking of course. I'm Cardiff based and there quite a few South Wales Zed owners on here now.
Welcome aboard.
The DE can as well.
If I remember rightly it states it in the manual somewhere and says something along the lines of: You can run on a lower octane fuel if Super Unleaded is not available but you should restrict your revs to less than 3.5K and not put the car under heavy load on hills etc.
My manual is in the car so correct me if I'm wrong but pretty positive it something like that.
Could do yes Chris if ran on it all the time over years.
Have a read of this thread: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56308-what-can-happen-if-you-run-your-zed-on-95-ron/
If you disconnect the battery for a good length of time I believe it should reset the ECU.
When I first tried the pedal dance I couldn't do it either, ...even with a clock that had the seconds hands for added help with timing. In the end though I got it down to an art form and just counted in my head.
I think where some people go wrong or maybe it was just me is step 2 whereby you try to do step 2a & 2b five times within 5 seconds.
It doesn't have to be 5 seconds elapsed time just done within 5 seconds. Hope that makes sense.
Anyway good luck with it whichever way you go.
He was asking £250 plus postage so at £240 delivered he has lowered the price more than a tenner.
I'd guess these will cost £20-£25 to post via 48 hour delivery via Parcel Force possibly more when you add on insurance to take it up to the correct value of the items as standard it's only up to £150 I think it is.
Personally I think the price is pretty fair. When I was looking for some De-Cats in October I saw a pair of these selling on eBay which where around £290+P&P I think they where.
GLWTS Luke.
That's not true.
Pipe down Supercharged Boy.
You will be supercharged Papa, you will conform.
That's a great idea.
Graham's Zed has the look's just need's the go, go, go now.
Sure Tarmac Chris could do you a good deal Graham.
^^ Nice little mod but not sure the plate works although it does look good.
The plate made me think of "Toyo R888" tyres so maybe you should get some of those next.
Fantastic work Alex.
Have you managed to trace the fault to find out why the plugs aren't sparking? Hopefully it is just something simple like a plug not connected.