Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Definitely put the money towards an exhaust system instead imo. It will sound a lot better & also actually give you a decent gain over OEM if you do get an UpRev done one day.
  2. If you can I'd take some pictures as you progress with the fitting just in case it helps others in the future who can use your thread as a guide then when fitting theirs.
  3. The "Y" section has been like that since 2013, ...it's a much better design with no flexi joints to damage or rip open on speed bumps etc. Plenty of room with my tail pipes too for alignment adjustment.
  4. Welcome aboard both.
  5. Never fitted one so you can take or leave my advice ~ I won't be offended, ...but I'd say all three. I'd use the screws in the places near the edges in the wheel arches and underneath (where they won't be easily visible) as well as Tiger seal all round the edges to help keep the part tight against the front bumper. The 3M tape I'd use just as extra securing in the middle section. Just remember that with the Tiger seal if you put too much on it will splurge out of the sides making a bit of a mess. So less is more. Hopefully some members that have fitted front lips will see this post now and add some more info for you on the do's & don'ts.
  6. Hhhhmm. I really want a GTR one day but it won't be the 2015 model (even if I could afford it), ...2010 model is probably what I'll be aiming for.
  7. Fyi you don't need to warm the car up, ....just start the engine, seat belt on & off you go driving sympathetically until the engine's properly up to temperature (not just water temp but oil temp too more importantly). E.g: Don't over rev the car (try to stick below 2.5-3rpm) for the first 10 miles/10-15 mins of driving. Op that MPG is very wrong.
  8. ^^This or.. ^^ This.
  9. Have a word with Chris from Tarmac Sportz is my advice regarding the Vortech & other parts. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/11918-tarmac/ Link: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=3b3076ff-fab6-4ee6-97f5-aeec3513fc47 UpRev remote tuning I don't know a lot about but I would have thought Mark at Abbey Motorsport would be the man to ask about this. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/101-abbey-motorsport/
  10. Thanks Lyndzzz ~ I'm really pleased with how it's turned out & how it goes. Technically you should probably also get the blame for my Zunsport grille as well although I did spot them on other members Zed's so the blame's shared.
  11. Look's cool, ...sounds even cooler when you say it like that.
  12. Glad you got the gear knob veeg, ...all the cool guys have that knob. Hoping the weather is nice too. Really want to get some pics done for the calendar too.
  13. I run exactly the same set up (Invidia Gemini system & Berks De-Cats) with none of the issues you have so I'd say as Roger said it's some sort of fitment issue that just needs a little tweaking to sort out. The De-Cats also don't have the support brackets to mount onto the old OEM support brace so unless you weld some on that won't work, ...plus they don't need them at all imo. The EML light came on when I used to run Berks HFC's and it would definitely come on now with my De-Cats if I hadn't had it sorted with the UpRev when it was supercharged. The only way's around the EML coming on are; go back to standard Cats or try some O2 sensor spacers ~ available for £12 odd each from Clark Motorsport but don't always work or bite the bullet & just get the UpRev done. You can always do the ECU reset (AKA Pedal dance) to turn off the EML or buy an OBDII code reader that can turn off the EML plus read the codes. Worth remembering that although driving around with the EML on because of the O2 sensor error code will do no harm it will of course mask any other error codes that may pop up. So it is best to have a code reader to check the codes if you intend leaving the EML for a while just so you can check that nothing else is wrong.
  14. My 2003 DE did used to use a little oil. Probably topped it up with 100-150ml or so every 2-3 weeks after covering maybe 300+miles odd. When I had my Zed supercharged though I replaced both rocker covers & gaskets which where leaking oil into the plugs & down the side of the block. Haven't used any oil now in about 4 weeks odd after covering around 500miles odd. Been checking every week and all seems good.
  15. What did the Ocean say to another Ocean? Nothing, ...they just waved.
  16. No wing mirrors on yours that I can see and yours has a larger rear wing. Also slick tyres on the ones in the video. That it or is there anything more special I'm missing?
  17. Welcome aboard Mike. Good luck with your plans for the Zed.
  18. ^^ Glad you got your answer DJ. My car is a DE so the fitting of the Zunsport grille is different anyway.
  19. Very nice and totally agree the duckbill spoiler will finish that off nicely.
  20. Awesome Stu, ...glad to see you got the little monster. Try to get some videos when you can as I'm guessing it's going to sound fantastic.
  21. Fingers crossed for you then that you have good weather.
  22. Excellent news Luke, ...staggered it took this long though.
  23. Hhhmmmm not really. You making me want to spend lots of money and a divource lol. Well that's inevitable isn't it. I mean spending money on the car of course, ...the divorce is optional.
  24. Thanks Dunks. Really nice to see the Zeds mods are appreciated by the members on here.
  25. Happy Birthday Mitz ~ hope you're having a great day.
×
×
  • Create New...