-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
Sorry about ruining your iPhone experience then. Whoops. Lol it's just a work mobile mate, battered cracked work tool no wonder there is a spider in there :-) That's cool then. I know some people nowadays go mental over phones, ...especially Apple phones so I'm glad you're not freaking out over it. Still takes a good photo even with the dead spider making a photobomb appearance each time.
-
Sorry about ruining your iPhone experience then. Whoops.
-
Hi guys, viewing a 350z tomorrow!
GMballistic replied to J7mbo's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Lovely Zed. -
Great bit of progress Ian. I actually quite like that gold leaf especially as it is functional considering the temperatures that turbo's can reach. Oh and great job on modifying that subframe.
-
Is there a dead spider or something stuck to the lens of your camera jimmy? It's on every picture although has moved around on the last one but does look like a dead curled up little spider. Plate looks ok and not bad for £200.
-
Great stuff Pete and glad it's been so good to you.
-
I'm sensing a theme with your pet naming Will.
-
Good man, ...the hardtop is the only way to go I think. Look's so much better. Lucky sob. Made for life then now definitely.
-
Also just noticed you said the back isn't working either but you can hear the motor going. I know there is a non return valve for that one as well but not sure where that is sorry. The non return valve for the rear may have failed too or could even be a pipe come off or could just be blocked so I'd try to get the fronts fixed first then investigate the rear one further. One problem at a time as they say.
-
Fyi ~ You can get at the non return valve from inside the brake fluid/clutch fluid compartment on the drivers side. You can pull the windscreen washer jet hose from under the windscreen scuttle (it just clips in under it) and you should see a small black or white plastic piece. Will look like this most likely.... Gently pull the pipes apart (if it's tight use a hairdryer to warm it up & a twisting motion to separate) then with the pipe off away from the non return valve try your washer for the front. You should see a fairly decent amount of water coming out of the end with the non return valve removed. Then you could try doing the same again with the non return valve put back on the end, ...if the amount of water is not as good as it was then that's the problem. Personally I'd just remove the non return valve altogether and replace with a straight piece of tube. It made my washer jets so much more powerful and it really isn't needed as the washer fluid usually stays in the pipes anyway. Think it will be a 4mm or 5mm straight through pipe you will need to replace it ~ something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-4mm-Vacuum-Hose-Connectors-Plastic-Hose-Joints-Tefen-Blue-Ramair-/350772405492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51abaa24f4
-
Thanks but not sure I could handle that much woman though. Enjoy the beers down the docks.
-
Happy Birthday ZEUS.
-
That is very cool. Lovely condition from the look's of the pictures too. Never mind getting it ready for the road, ...just needs a 2.0Litre Duratec engine & instant light weight track car. Some inspiration for you: http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=127406
-
^^ Very interesting, ...going to be good seeing this progress.
-
Fair play though to him for trying to get it up that "slight" gradient. Stupid but still fair play.
-
:scare: Still get some use out of that then! - Pretty much my reaction when I saw it! Never knew the condition of it was that bad, its not like you can easily see it from anywhere easily. I took the bumper off to sort my lights out and noticed this and got a new filter ASAP...I have never seen an air filter in such a disgraceful state in my life! Bl**dy hell. Can you not reroute the filter into a better position? Just seems an odd place for it to be as it's behind the front wheel arch which as you can see has vents in it so no doubt your new filter will go the same way due to water being able to soak it easily. I have mine routed just behind the bumper for my supercharged Zed which should work for you too I'd image. This was what it looked like part way through the build.... Guide here on how to do it ~ Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/59915-how-to-diy-cold-air-intake-cai/
-
daily driven project from South Florida.
GMballistic replied to dasoupdude's topic in Member Build Projects
Very nice Zed (or Zee to you ) and you've definitely racked up some mileage in it. What numbers did you see on the dyno then? Great cars & good to see a US take on the modding. Have a look at mine linked in my signature if you get time. -
To "PM" (private message) someone just hover your cursor arrow over their user name and you will see the "send message" icon pop up. Click on it and write your message. You can do it from day one with zero posts so you shouldn't be having a problem with it. I'll send you a message anyway first.
-
Happy Birthday Suits. Enjoy Spa you lucky sob.
-
Fuel rails pg27! - Mouthwash's SSSB
GMballistic replied to mouthwash's topic in Member Build Projects
Matt I'm not taking any sides or even getting in the middle of your discussion but when "fault finding" on cars imo it is much easier to discover the actual problem by methodically going through exactly the things/parts you know for definite are not at fault. Eg: Ruling out the things it can't be to hopefully leave you with the things it could be. There are so many variables & parts that can cause problems/issues with running that sometimes it just takes time and is unfortunately not as easy as saying well it must be that. I'm on your side though & Ian's, ...just want him to be able to enjoy his Zed and I'm 100% sure that's all anyone else wants for him as well. -
Seriously sorry to hear your fish died Will. I bet you used to love looking at Fanny, ...I know I did when I had a pair in my living room when I was younger. All wet & warm in the water, ...gently brushing up against each other. Good times & very relaxing too.
-
New zed owner in Gloucestershire...
GMballistic replied to PiersN's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard. -
New memeber in Huddersfield
GMballistic replied to Diddstar's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard Ryan. Maybe post the links to the adverts of the cars you're interested in for people to look at as it might help. -
Definitely paint it afterwards imo. Be a shame not to whilst it's off the car & so easy to do.
-
Get someone else to use the front windscreen washers so you can stand near the front drivers side wheel arch & listen to see if you can hear the pump working or not first imo. If you can't hear the pump working and the rear windscreen wash works fine then more than likely the motors had it & will need replacing. Clark Motorsport on here sell them fairly cheap or as others have said Europarts or similar will do to. If you can hear the pump working then the non return valve underneath the front windscreen scuttle may be blocked or have failed (common issue too). Easily replaced but best thing to do is just to remove it completely & replace with a straight through piece of pipe. More info here: http://www.350z-uk.c...-washer-tubing/ Another related topic although there are loads more if you search : http://www.350z-uk.c...en-washer-pump/