-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
Tamiya Ferrari F189 in 1/20th scale that I built.
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I want to build something in a bigger scale so that's it's not so fiddly but also as I'd like to add more real life details although I think a 1/8 or 1/4 scale tank maybe outside my budget after looking. Definitely going to have to do some tank browsing this weekend now, ...thinking British Army or American and possibly new age tanks for the more modern features. Most likely will look at only static models though rather than R/c. P.s. If you have any recommendations just let me know. -
Welcome jonty. In case you're not aware there are loads of great professional traders on this forum that can help you out with absolutely anything you need for your Zed. Two of my favourites and links to there alloys for sale on their websites below. Tarmac Sportz: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=00fe4e62-ede5-4003-b523-06e75cf32a82 The Cougar Store: http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_13&zenid=bcaa60565806895c2c0f2d2ff1b32aee Just fyi the alloys I have on my 350Z are 19" Rota Grids in steel grey with an ET20 offset. Front are 9.5J with a 245/35/19 tyre and rears are 10.5J with a 275/35/19 tyre. Not lowered at all and no rubbing at all either.
-
Sorry to see your tip fell off Daryl but at least it's an easy fix, ..if a little costly. Great job on polishing them up btw.
-
Tamiya Ferrari F189 in 1/20th scale that I built.
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
You've helped me make up my mind I think Ricky, ...next model project has to be a tank I think. Look's fantastic. @Everyone else ~ Thanks for the comments and glad you liked the Ferrari build. -
^^ What he said, ...look's fantastic already.
-
Polished tips all the way. Love the look on mine and looks even better on your Zed contrasted against the blue. Don't worry about the bumper tuck, ...your Zed your choice. Not hard for any of us to do it if we really want to anyway.
-
Look what I've been doing to some shiny 1/18 diecast classics !
GMballistic replied to JEMAN's topic in Off Topic Discussion
They are diorama's Will, ...really clever if you ask me and quite difficult to do. I did a few when I was younger of battle scenes like a WW2 British trench and German machine gun out post. Quite a few people do the car ones as well ~ some do ones of crashed cars which are clever like below. -
Tamiya Ferrari F189 in 1/20th scale that I built.
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Thanks for that. The harness set was quite difficult to do with the belts themselves being only around 2.8mm in width. Some parts of the build didn't quite go to plan and I know where I've messed up certain bits but every time I build one of these scale models it get's a little bit better than the last one so hoping to get one built one day that I'm 100% happy with. Thanks Ricky. Post up the pictures if you can as I'd like to see them for one. Keep telling myself I'm going to build a plane model kit one day but just keep finding myself drawn towards building cars more often then not. So far I've done cars (F1/drag cars/street cars/race cars etc), rockets, engines, figures (soldiers/Warhammer) and guns. Got to do a plane, tank or boat soon just to mix it up. -
Look what I've been doing to some shiny 1/18 diecast classics !
GMballistic replied to JEMAN's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Just posted my thread here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/94884-tamiya-ferrari-f189-in-120th-scale-that-i-built/ Comments from a fellow model enthusiast welcomed. -
Tamiya Ferrari F189 in 1/20th scale that I built.
GMballistic posted a topic in Off Topic Discussion
Following on from JEMAN's very impressive scale models I thought I'd post one of mine that I just finished doing the other weekend. It's a 1/20th scale Tamiya Ferrari F189 which was a Ferrari driven by Nigel Mansel back in the 1989 GP. The kit is very fiddly to build due to the scale and was lacking in some aspects so I have deviated from Tamiya's spec sheet and tried to add more detail myself. The seat for example was drilled/sanded to allow the installation of a 1/20th scale harness set that I built from scratch using parts from a Japanese kit bought from eBay. I wanted to try and create a look of texture for the seat rather than it just being a flat painted surface so used glass shot blast beads mixed in with my paint to try & replicate some type of fabric. I have cut the nose cone away from the main body which in the kit was all one piece, ...I did this to add more realism so that the nose cone is actually a separate piece now from the main body cowling. I also used electrical wire (that I pulled the copper from the centre) to use as piping for the oil cooler pipe work and also rubbed down the tyre's to give them a used look. There are other things I've done but I'll let the pictures do the talking. Hope at least some of you like them. Some of my other models can be found in this thread link although the topic is now "archived" so you can't respond in there; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77718-anyone-in-to-scale-models/ -
Look what I've been doing to some shiny 1/18 diecast classics !
GMballistic replied to JEMAN's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Very cool JEMAN. Done loads of models myself and a few diorama's over the years. The scale of all the bits & pieces look's spot on too which is very cool. I've actually just finished building a 1989 F1 Ferrari, ...won't ruin your thread with the pics though. I'll start my own thread & link to it if you're interested in seeing it. -
Chassis looks great Trig and that garage is very enviable.
-
You really should, it was part of the attraction of the car just to say I'd owned one Surely a V8 has to be american before you can properly tick it off? :stir: Don't agree with that and I'm pretty sure Dan will agree with me on this that it doesn't have to be an American V8 to be ticked off the list, ...especially as both us will no doubt want to go round corners at some point.
-
Welcome aboard Brian.
-
Welcome aboard.
-
^^ Bet that's going to rattle a few windows then ZZZebady.
-
^^ Hope all goes well for you, ...your Zed will be in good hands though. Used H Dev several times including for my supercharger build so I'm sure they can handle it.
-
Looking good Rob. The dipped interior really look's fantastic and your engine bay is definitely something to be proud of now.
-
Have to admit even with what I've done to my Zed I still cheat on it a little and browse Autotrader & Pistonheads, ....it's like porn for petrol heads. Last months fetish was the 2006/7 Audi RS4 as I'd really like to get a 4wd again and would love to scratch my V8 itch especially after hearing Dan's (Ekona's) V8 BMW & Lexx's old VXR8.
-
Picked up my azure nismo zed
GMballistic replied to Mason's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Very nice Mason. You will definitely make the exhaust louder with De-Cats but, ...you will definitely cause yourself problems come MOT time (it won't pass the emissions test) and the CEL light will no doubt pop on. You could get a set of HFC's (High Flow Cats) which will make it a tad louder for sure, increase performance (but only if you get an UpRev/remap) and should still pass the MOT emissions test. Tbh that's the way I'd go if I was you. Berks HFC's are what I used to run and they where very good. -
Think you answered your own question there Russ.
-
Lot of cars could tempt me away from the Zed, ...for instance my old man has an 07 BMW 335ci, very capable car and if it was modded would probably wipe the floor with my supercharged Zed quite easily. They just don't have the looks though or the rarity so for now I'm happy just to day dream. Definitely think my next car's going to be German though, ...unless by some miracle I can get the funds together for an R35 GTR.
-
^^ Sounds great, looks great and I bet it goes great with the engine it has. Is it time then for the Jag to go?
-
Rob I believe if it does have airbags in the seats it will say on them. Like you can see on the seats in this image below.
-
Mileage is probably about average for the age of the car I'd have thought. Personally I think as long as the Zed has been well maintained & followed the correct service schedule as well as been run on Super Unleaded for most of it's life time then it should be ok. There is of course always the exception to that rule if the previous owners are nutters who redline their cars from every junction/set of traffic lights etc. Abuse a car and somethings going to give eventually. 350Z service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/