Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Can't believe nobodies said it yet but....
  2. Welcome aboard Dan. Personally I'd stay away from the auto 350Z but only because I prefer manual cars and if you can I'd try to up your budget, ...not sure what sort of condition of a 350Z you'll be getting for £4.5K that's all.
  3. I know a lot of people have used "Tiger Seal". Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/U-Pol-Adhesive-Sealant-Superior-Quality/dp/B004QDPVZ6 Not used it myself but sounds like it would do the job.
  4. I have to agree with you all as you're all right imo (Jetpilot, Dan & Nic). My FI Zed was running Goodridge s/s braided brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid, Ferodo DS2500 pads & EBC Turbo groove discs ~ definitely an upgrade from the standard set up but not by much. I found no problems stopping my Zed even when abused on track for several laps but without a doubt a BBK (Big Brake Kit) would have been beneficial. I did find myself pressing harder on the brake pedal though when spiritedly driving on the roads I know as Dan mentions I found myself approaching corners at a higher speed than before the car was FI. In short it is not essential imo to have a BBK before going FI but it is definitely beneficial/sensible to upgrade the brakes as much as possible and ultimately increase your stopping abilities ~ that goes for any FI or N/A car though. If I had kept my FI Zed then a BBK would have been a future purchase for sure as I love driving my cars fast, hard & safely.
  5. No problem at all. Let us know how you get on cowie.
  6. In my experience Chris is a great guy and Tarmac Sportz do give fantastic customer service so if he can't help I'd be very surprised indeed if Invidia USA can do anything for you whatsoever. If I was you I'd try "Longlife" exhausts or a similar local company, ...as making exhausts is their business they will be more than capable of opening the Invidia backbox and replacing the damaged/gone baffles. Also they'll have a variety of baffles on the shelf so should find one the same. I can't imagine it would cost you much more than £50-£80 to have that done by them imo. Link: http://www.longlife.co.uk/
  7. Yep Invidia USA state only a one year manufacturers warranty. Still might be worth asking the seller/trader who it was purchased from but still I wouldn't hold out much hope as tbf 4 years is a pretty long time. Granted its cost and the fact it's stainless steel you'd have thought it would hold up better but it's the first time I've heard of this happening with an Invidia. Only option left would be as Jetpilot stated which is to find out which box has the baffle gone, cut it open, repair as necessary and then re-weld it all shut. Good luck whatever happens.
  8. At the end of the day she's an adult and as everybody knows you stop if you have an accident with another vehicle/person no matter how minor, ...unless you've something to hide. Like she was driving drunk, no insurance, no licence, on drugs etc etc. The only exception would be if she was in fear of her life (doubt you were threatening her though or even had time to by the sounds of it) or if it was some type of a medical emergency. Either way it's down to the Police now so lets hope all goes in your favour as you did nothing wrong.
  9. Good luck with the new Zed hunt kbad. Sounds like your first one was a bit of a lemon but still plenty of great Zeds for sale on various sites/places including on here. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/
  10. Yep exactly and yes there are lots of people dangerously towing things they shouldn't be but that's why everyone is giving you advice so you're not one of them. Otherwise this...
  11. No probs. Thread locked.
  12. Good news. Thread locked.
  13. Moved to this section as you are using eBay links. GLWTS.
  14. Happy New Year everyone.
  15. That was a long time ago! (PS1). I've had all the Gran Turismo's since 1 so will definitely be giving the latest incarnation a go as soon as it's released.
  16. Welcome aboard. Keep an eye on the for sale section on here as Rays alloys do pop up for sale on here. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/213-350z-parts-for-sale/
  17. Done.
  18. You're welcome. Post up when it's sold for definite and we'll lock the thread then.
  19. Happy New Year Adrian.
  20. Best thing to do Jack to get a quick response is to send the member a PM (private message). Just hover your cursor arrow over his user name and you'll see a few things pop up including the "send message" icon. Good luck.
  21. No idea about the beaver tail or whether it's suitable for the Zeds height sorry Darryl, ...just making suggestions/giving you ideas. The one below apparently "has been specially modified to load stupidly low race cars such as Formula renaults, Ferrari challenge etc." Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Sprinter-race-car-transporter-Flatbed-Tilt-Low-loader-Recovery-vehicle/221977468288?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D34620b381ba94bc286c7aa01a6ab6642%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D262209646709 You have to bear in mind though the weight of the trailer and the weight of the vehicle on the trailer. If it's 75-85% greater than the weight of the towing vehicle then it's dangerous & possibly illegal to tow as well I believe. Honestly the best thing you can do is to ring "Indespension/Brian James" or similar towbar/trailer company who will have all the relevant up to date info you'll need.
  22. What about this sort of thing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-TRANSIT-350-MWB-RECOVERY-TRUCK-BEAVERTAIL-CAR-TRANSPORTER-FLAT-BED-/262190262079?hash=item3d0bc1e73f:g:0oIAAOSwhcJWQ5Gw Providing it can fit the Zed on of course.
  23. Approved but if possible can you just add for the buyers what you'll be asking for postage. Good luck with the sales.
  24. Darryl quite sometime ago I used to work for a towbar/trailer company in Cardiff. Haven't been at that game for along time now but tbh I don't think you'll be able to tow a car transporter & the Zed with your Subaru. I mean the car will be capable of towing it for sure (powerful enough) but safety wise you should be using a heavier vehicle upfront otherwise it can cause a pendulum effect with more weight at the back. The trailer will be braked as any trailer over a specific weight has to be braked ~ something like 750kg I think it was/is. For a new car transporter you'd be looking at around £2.5K for one that will do the job, ...less if you can get a used one which do come up for sale. It would be probably a better idea to hire one though especially as Phil above mentions you will need to store it/maintain it otherwise. Best bet is to phone a trailer/tow bar centre when they're open again next year. Here's a link to the company I used to work for below and they'll be able to answer all your questions with one simple phone call. Link: http://www.indespension.co.uk/ Some towing tips here; http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/towing.htm
  25. Only person I can think of who may just have a template on their computer would be rickdon. Can't hurt to PM him and ask. Good luck either way.
×
×
  • Create New...