-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
It's a fair point.
-
Very cool but needs more opposite lock.... Okay I admit it that picture is of me losing control whilst driving around the Nurburgring on Gran Turismo (PS4).
-
I get doing the outside of exhaust tips & the lips but I wouldn't waste your time doing the inside imo. As Science_GT above mentioned it will get constantly battered with build up so a waste of time really. I'd recommend Autosol the same as Colin did.
-
GM Grey 350z GT - 69k - New Tyres, Long MOT, Recent Service - PIC Heavy
GMballistic replied to Has's topic in Zeds For Sale
Locked at the request of the Op. Have fun in the Zed whilst it's still yours Has. -
Having a spare tyre is not a requirement of the MOT although if you do have one it must have a legal amount of tread on it. I have never known of any MOT tester who actually looked for a spare tyre, let alone checked the tread on one. Just go without either if it's what you want to do but imo it couldn't hurt to carry a small can of the tyre sealant though just in case of emergency (last resort).
-
I've owned a few cars that only came with a can of sealant I might remove my spare and just buy a can instead. A few of the S3's I looked at didn't have spare tyres & I know my brothers old Clio 182 as well as his current Mini Cooper only have the tyre sealant cans. The downside is though that the sealant won't work if you've ripped a hole out of the sidewall of the tyre or similar and I'm pretty sure once you've used that stuff in a tyre it can't be repaired afterwards.
-
There was a thread on here somewhere I'm sure for putting the weights of items removed from the Zeds to gauge weight saving. Can't find it though sorry. Did find this US thread though: http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/173-nissan-350z/43845-weight-reduction-thread.html Makes for an interesting read although you will have to convert lbs to kgs if you're like me & find it easier to understand. They quote the spare tyre as weighing in at 35lbs which is 15+kg so I was pretty much on the money there with my guess for how much that weighed.
-
You might actually find this thread from djtimo the most interesting tbh: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/48146-stripped-the-rear-boot-area-out-pics/ Exactly though, ...as long as you're careful with parts/clips etc it can all go back in. I'd guess the spare wheel alone is probably 10-15kg so you should be able to make a reasonable weight saving overall.
-
No idea but a few on here have gone and done it before. Djtimo being a good example: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84366-my-little-weekend-project/page__st__60 Some threads touching on the subject: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/72534-boot-strip/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53017-weight-reduction-any-advice/
-
Sounds promising, ...fingers crossed he's still got some left for Hudders then.
-
Think those lifetime warranties are only covered if he is the original purchaser of the system/exhaust back box. Lots of those "lifetime" warranties/guarantees are the same. Eg: Non transferable He did just say he got his from Mitz who is a trader on here, ...The Cougar Store. Maybe best to give him a PM or phone call to see if he can help. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/94-cougar-store/ Website: http://cougarstore.co.uk/ Failing that you could always try a custom exhaust place like "Longlife" for example as they will have plenty of different style tips that they could simply weld onto your Cobra box. Just another alternative.
-
Can't find it but I know I weighed my old one when I removed it from my Zed and as Kyle said it was just over a Kilo. Think it was 1.2kg with the bolts.
-
Some stainless steels are magnetic still though but if not then there is also the other option of the "Silverline pick up tool" which Lexx suggested. Source: http://www.bssa.org.uk/faq.php?id=24
-
It's always going to be down to personal preference in the end. Lots of choices usually revolving around style (slash cut, straight cut, rolled tips, burnt colour tips etc etc) and the material type (stainless steel, titanium, carbon fibre etc etc). Aren't those welded on though on your backbox? I know the Ark & Invidia tips are removable/adjustable but didn't think the Cobra ones were that's all. If it's bolted on as you say then can you not re-tighten the bolt to stop the rattle or do you fancy changing the tips anyway?
-
^^ Great idea kayjay.
-
Some cars you can understand being worth the extra, holding value or even going up in value but those I just don't get it. People definitely are idiots you're right.
-
^^ That without a doubt. I have one I made from an old telescopic map pointer pen which I glued a small round magnet to but you could also make one using an old R/C car remote controller aerial with a small magnet super glued to that although they're cheap enough to buy obviously, ...I just like making things.
-
Another car that falls into the " I wish I had kept it category"! i wish i bought it instead of the Z kinda back in 2012 i could get one for around 6-8k now for a clean one as above your heading towards 20k That's just ridiculous though imo. Fairly poor to average performance by todays standards & not even 4WD which would have made it even better. Why are those going for so much money nowadays do you have an idea? Just because of it being an "RS" badged car? Are they rare?
-
^^ What he said.
-
Cars looking great Coldel and just left you a comment on Youtube as well. Great work.
-
I guess if it does end up bugging you that much a competent garage or exhaust place could tack a couple of welds on each tailpipe to allow you to ditch the bolts. I agree with you looking at the pictures above that it isn't the best. I had an Invidia though so it was never a problem for me as that uses stainless steel clamps which are hidden from view. Enjoy the new exhaust.
-
You might want to send this member a PM (private message) as he hasn't been active on here since the last quarter of July (26th to be precise). In case you don't know, if you hover your cursor arrow over his username you will see the "send message" icon pop up, click on it which will then let you send him a PM on here but it will also send a notification to his private email account. Might get more luck with an answer that way.
-
[SOLD] 19'' Rota GTR wheels - Black w/ red lip - £250
GMballistic replied to sasha@lazytrips's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Sold - thread locked