Jump to content

Mudman

Members
  • Posts

    1,416
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mudman

  1. Saw one of these on a Vauxhall the other night, he had screamed by me on the M11 then was doing the same on the A14 using left hand lane to over take - he did get boxed one and sat behind me and then seemed to fire of a flashing white light from the front then screamed off again I wondered at one stage if it was plod unmarked or doing some kind of speed training but it was pretty reckless so discounted that
  2. They change the specials twice weekly so its pot luck I picked mine in Gloucester and also they had a fair bit in Oxford Used the tool kit and lamp last night to strip out my centre console - really good bits of kit
  3. Tried Chris - Tarmac or Steve - Red Line ?
  4. Was in Aldi the other day under order looking for bits for my sister. Came across this little lot and left with a bit more than I expected ! Inspection lamp £9.99 https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sunday-9-november/product-detail/ps/p/cordless-60-led-workshop-light/ 95 Piece Socket/Wrenches (previous weeks special ) but still in some stores Seriously good quality ratchets for the money http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/95-piece-wrenches-sockets-set-for-39-99-aldi-1707283 6/12V Battery charger again previous weeks specials Specially for me being a JDM owner one frost and my new battery had problems - has trickle charge function - worth a punt at less than £14 for the just in case shelf This is a similar product http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/car-battery-charger-12-99-from-aldi-770190
  5. I am ex military and lived in village locations near training areas where loud bangs were common place. Fireworks ? Meh... Try 12 AS90's laying down supressive arty support. I like fireworks. I enjoy the smaller scale public displays ones (Anmer, on the Sandhurst estate in Norfolk is very good and a bit of a secret up until now ! Doh! ) and doing my own thing for the kids - but they are pricey and as Mum used to say - "Fireworks are money up in smoke" I like it that we have a society where we have the freedom to buy and discharge fireworks any time of year to cover all celebratory events. I don't agree with the views of anti firework lobby/pet owners but would die for their right to express their opinions.
  6. Coming to this fairly late, My mother raised me as Cof E and when I was a kid read the Kids bible cover to cover - you know the one - Christ with blonde hair - so really the writing was on the wall then ( no pun intended!) As a novel the bible is a pretty good read with all sorts going on from people being turned into pillars of salt to a boat beiong filled with all the animals in the world ( conveniently forgetting 75% not discovered at this time) I was then confirmed into the church at the tender age of 7 not really knowing why and then went to a church school with assembly and hymm singing every day exept Mondays. The school was pretty good in exploring other beliefs and the similarities between Christiany and Islam with the prophets Christ/Mohammed then throw in Orthodox/New Age religions - only thing missing was the occult so did a fair bit of reading up on that too, before deciding that none of them were believable. I can remember Jasper Carrott once stating, of all the religions of the world - one of them has to be right ? Hope its the mormons........Wahey !!! I have always been drawn to religious humour so Dave Allen/Father Ted etc but for me religion has lost its way and many people look to something to fill their lives and the church/mosque/synagogue are more than happy to jump in. I worked in Papua New Guinea for 4 years and trust me the locals get exposed to all of them - The missionaries telling them they are all sinners but before the arrival of the missionaries they had a religion based on honouring their ancestors so why now are they sinners ? They also think they can do what they like during the week because on the holy day you get forgiven no worries. I don't castigate or argue with people over religion, if they get what they want from it then thats OK with me and the support network by people that become friends because they met at church/mosque etc very good and most will help without religion as they do it because they are decent human beings. I have no time for people looking to boost their own egos or power by using whatever diety as excuse to carry out barbaric or politically motivated actions. Sometimes people just don't get on with each other - accept that don't use religion as excuse and stay the f*ck away from each other if its that bad. I had an experience with Jehovahs Witnesses in PNG, they were at the front counter with pampletes and I tried to sneak a peek to see which god we were hosting - one of them noticed and asked if I would like one, I politley declined and said I was a Jedi by religion. They looked puzzled and asked what were my beliefs. I stated that Jedis believed there was an invisible force in the universe that surround all of us and is used for good, however there is also a dark side to the force which isnt so pleasant. They looked curious and then asked were there any books on this - so I replied " yes there are but you would enjoy the movies more...." Pesonally I would class myself as strong agnostic so fundamantally I cannot know whether a deity exists or not, and neither can you - but if I ever had to select a mainstream religion under pressure would probably go Buddhist as thats a guide to living your life rather than praying for it to happen. Jedi's do get cool swords though :
  7. Just come back from a round trip to Wales and a bit more - constantly looking out for speed bumps, most you can plan but there are a few you cant and can do nothing about - example Oxford ring road where work is being done just off the Reading road - no warning until you are right on it - big ramp onto a crap temparary surface. still scraped despite hardly moving. Mines fairly low but a lot better since I changed to 18" Rays from the 17" OEM but still get the odd scrape and wince
  8. Mudman

    CLUB T-SHIRTS

    One of the ideas for Wales 2015 is to look at club/event T Shirt, seems this could be popular based on the above
  9. Spotted after a visit to Aquagraphix. AP04 XXXX
  10. ZMANALEX is your friend - drop him a PM
  11. Been havimg a play with this and looks pretty good for the small outlay
  12. I do block change 4 to 6 solely in the name of economy
  13. Mudman

    LakeZ 2015

    Pink Pigs, Upland Geese and Sh*te hawks flying round with luminous feet! and STO(N)FI getting upset at the low level phantoms !
  14. Mudman

    LakeZ 2015

    Best hide the Carlsberg Elephant beer and any skateboards or I will not be responsible for my actions !
  15. Sure theres some thing on the forum somewhere - have a trawl
  16. I bought a WIFI and BT version both work fine with Dashboard on my UK Honda but not on the Zed. I did manage to get the BT one working via the android app that another user managed to get going can't find the thread but would display a fair few pids like rpm and temperatures etc. Understand its a language thing the Zed speaks in Japanese and the wireless readers I have don't
  17. Mudman

    LakeZ 2015

    Should be good for this but arriving late on Friday and by late leaving North Norfolk after work ! Going down the camping route so tent up in the dark - be like old times without the cam cream
  18. Greetings Simon Lucky man working in the Jewel - spend a bit of time in Maribor back in the late 90's - Wonderful place, very freindly people and top skiiing! Best get a good set of winter tyres on that Zed of yours !
  19. Horses no good for pulling out Zeds ? Works in the movies
  20. Thanks All - looking forward to getting my teeth into this
  21. You need to patent that video - NOW !!!
  22. Mudman is a result of spending the last four years working in Papua New Guinea. I was lucky enough to visit the village of the Asaro Mudmen who wear masks a bit like my pic. Legend has it that they were defeated by an enemy tribe and forced to flee into the Asaro River. They waited until dusk before attempting to escape. The enemy saw them rise from the muddy banks covered in mud and thought they were spirits. Most tribes in Papua New Guinea are very afraid of spirits, so the enemy fled in fear, and the Asaro escaped. They then went into the village to see what had happened, not knowing the enemy tribesmen were still there. The enemy were so terrified they ran back to their village and held a special ceremony to ward off the spirits. The mudmen could not cover their faces because legends say that the people of Papua New Guinea thought that the mud from the Asaro river was poisonous. So instead of covering their faces with this alleged poison, they made masks from pebbles that they heated and water from the waterfall, with unusual designs such as long or very short ears either going down to the chin or sticking up at the top, long joined eyebrows attached to the top of the ears, horns and sideways mouths. When not terrifying the other tribes, the Mudmen are accomplished farmers and grow crops such as coffee, bananas, sweet potato and peanuts plus a lot more. So next time your enjoying a Grande Latte in Starbucks its possible the beans were grown by a Mudman! The Mudmen display at regional does or 'Sing-Sings' all over Png and are not one of the normal loud groups - they move silently and deliberately - some people find it quite eerie. I also have a full size mudman helmet which I may start bringing to meets ! Below is a video I took of the Mudmen who are summoned by the head of the village using fire and smoke
  23. Passenger door speaker has lose wire. Is there a how-to on how to fix it? Had same problem - was a bad earth - paid sparky to fix Meetings questions: What happened to the Wales meets? I have a friend whos a former member here, and he was raving about how awesome they were. I guess they are no more? (one word answer. Lol. Im sure this is a big thread… somewhere.) Keep watching the Forum for Wales 2015 news Tuning / ECU questions I have heard tell that due to the electric throttle on the Z, that the throttle response is greatly backed off in 1st and 2nd gear, for ‘’driver safety’’. And that an ecu tuner can sort this out. Any truth in this? Yes on JDMs - imposed by Nissan where car was restricted to 112mph. Removed by uprev but to get best benefir of uprev make sure all the other mods are done before ie Induction kit, PLenum Spacer, Cats/Decats/HFC's. Mark at Abbey used the analogy of an elastic band when throttle is pressed so you wait for the reaction - after uprev you press throttle and get immediate result so no elastic band effect And Welcome
×
×
  • Create New...