Jump to content

Mudman

Members
  • Posts

    1,416
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mudman

  1. Don't forget the British Army has upset a quite a few people over the centuries so anyone with a grudge could be in the frame regardless of Nationality. I did 22 years and trust me some places they loved us and in others we were errr not so loved. Find the perp and prosecute to the full extent of the law (custodial sentence) as this is a criminal act. Pretty sure they would get a most interesting welcoming reception from fellow inmates. I would have hoped this wpuld have been picked up on a street cam somewhere and wouldnt be surprised to see this on next edition of Crimewatch.
  2. Its impossible to keep your eyes open when sneezing
  3. You can take a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead
  4. Update on this I ws messing around with the centre console today and had to lift the gear surround area. I noticed 2 fuses and wasn't sure what the were for so pulled out to inspect. One was for the after market alarm and when the fuse was replaced the four ways came on and now every lock and unlock has the four ways going on so looks like it needed a reset - Problem solved. Same can't be said about the reason for taking out the console ...Grrrrr
  5. Now get it remapped to reap the benefit - its not all about noise !
  6. Couldn't care less what a website looks like as long as I get what I want from the deal
  7. She also sends you stuff during the setting up stage. All in good humour but you at one stage get s choice of a new car. So you click and sure enough in the post a few days later is a plastic car. Then she 'bribes' you and you get a loan denomination Chinese bank note etc etc. must admit I thoroughly enjoyed the email exchanges and we did speak a few times and she is a remarkable lady but like mentioned before, mad as a badger
  8. Yes i think so as its under warranty so they normally mean has to be MDS
  9. The mileage is the killer - I did a calculation based on working days minus leave minus Zed days plus a few thousand over the contract period for other trips and 15K per year should about do it On my contract servicing is not included and the cars not subject to road tax
  10. Picked it up in March and yes the 1.6 old shape - its about 118 bhp and quite light
  11. Run your figures through this https://www.dutycalculator.com/
  12. Welcome First thing would be a decent service without evidence of FSH I always presume it all need doing so a P3 as a minimum. Mods will depend on what you want to do and how much you can afford. Nice cheap ones are to change the stock bulbs for LED's, get a rear divider. Or you could go HFC/Pop charger/Plenum spacer/Uprev @ Abbey. Hydro dipping interior parts also fairly cheap and you get a great effect
  13. I have such a beast as my daily drive. Have mine on 3 year lease 15K mileage per year £229 per month VAT inc Very decent car to drive - Car tells me I am getting 62 mpg but Dashboard says about 55mpg Its surprisingly quick when it needs to be. I am of the same school prefer to lease for 3 years then hand back mainly as likely to be overseas next job and also depreciation bites Good spec although no BT on my option - I went through Lings Cars ( Crazy Chinese Lady) Mad as a badger but did a good rate and worth checking out if you haven't already Very pleased with the car - not sure about returns but I didn't pay a holding deposit so if there ever was a dispute on return they certainly cannot take the cash and presume you would go through arbitration if it got that ugly.
  14. The French Musician Jean-Michel Jarre released an album in 1983 called 'Music for Supermarkets' made one copy then purposely destroyed the master disc making it one of the most valuable music albums in history.
  15. I did Geology at college and this was always one of the tutors comments when we ever referred to Moh's Hardness scale - Mr Macklin - Hereford Tech College !
  16. http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=4BAg769RfKoC&pg=PA524&lpg=PA524&dq=tantalum+harder+than+diamonds&source=bl&ots=k12jI4PJBI&sig=9KcACHa8ztfQK6_QCEn2_0gd4Lg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8XZTVMSsNcyz7gb99ID4BQ&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=tantalum%20harder%20than%20diamonds&f=false OK Tantalum Carbide
  17. I have bits being done this week at Aquagraphix - will have a console/side panels/gear surround available early December if you can wait that long.
  18. The element Tantalum is harder than diamonds
  19. Gorillas cant swim
  20. I lease ( 3 year) my daily drive and had to send in 3 months of pay statements and was credit checked etc
  21. The sword scene in the market place in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indiana Jones is accosted by a swordsman in black who spins the weapon around for 30 seconds before simply being shot was meant to be a 2 minute long duel. The scene was cut down because Harrison Ford had a bad case of the sh*ts.
  22. Quick update. She just called the local VW Main Dealers for a more accurate estimate now she has a more accurate assessment of the suspected fault and was quoted in the region of £800 - £900 !!!!!!!!! The receptionist did comment VW may contribute to the part and labours as they had a car in recently with a similar fault Told her to ring an independent.............get an estimate off them
  23. Thanks All looks like a parts about £60 and a few hours labour as not confident on diesels
  24. The pension is likely to become a preserved pension ie contributions are stopped but the pension cannot be drawn until retirement date or if agreed due to ill health -All should be in the terms of employment but it sounds as though this is in the public sector so Government drivinn /Civil service - which will mean she should not lose any contributions My ex had a few job over the years spending 4-5 years then moving on and had same amount of pensions so consolidated them all into one. Taking early retirement may not release the pension as only certain occupations are permitted early release such as Ballet Dancers, professional sportsmen and members of the HM Forces.
×
×
  • Create New...