Jump to content

glrnet

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    22,235
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by glrnet

  1. What!!!!! You have VHS?
  2. Don't worry Ian, your chances aren't good
  3. No but Gemma at the local PO is now my best friend
  4. Update:- All those that have paid and live in the UK have had their calendars posted today.
  5. Good info, thank you. Pinned
  6. Thank you Graham It wasn't just me though Martinmac and Doogyrev did the sorting out I just do as I'm told
  7. Got a head up from Adrianí ½í±. To answer all your questions would require confirming that you actually have a hernia indeed in the first instance. Most times the diagnosis is obvious on clinical examination. Sometimes you may need an ultrasound or radiologic modalities. Treatment is often elective(planned) but if you develope a complication like strangulation then you will require emergency surgery. Typically for an inguinal hernia the gold standard repair is the Lichtenstein technique (mesh overlay repair) and it's usually a daycase procedure. Endoscopic (keyhole) repair is also possible but usually employed for a simple inguinal hernia. So if all you have is a lump in the groin which comes up when you strain, stand etc and that reduces easily when you apply gently pressure to it, lie down or wear even a corset. Typically you may experience a heaviness, dragging sensation or mild discomfort when it's popped out but this goes away when back in. If the lump becomes very painful, red/hot, unable to reduce, or you start to vomit or experience a distending tummy then these may suggest a serious complication requiring emergency surgery. You can reduce the chance of the hernia symptoms worsening or complicating by avoiding strainous activities, avoid constipation, treating persistent cough etc. I'm quite happy for you to contact me by pm or phone so we can discuss things of a more personal nature and I can try to advice appropriately. That's what I said Bennet
  8. I had this op a couple of years ago, it's all in the luck of the draw as to how painful/serious it is, it can cause bowel stangulation or blockages which is very serious. Others can go on for years with no pain/problems. As others have said, if you haven't done so alreafy go and see the quack and see what he advises. I had key hole surgery, up and about in a couple of days, one night in hospital. Good luck with it all mate
  9. Just don't let him near any tools.
  10. I may have to lock this, no combustion = no fun =
  11. Yeah, but we're grumpy sarverners
  12. I tried that last year, they gave me 2 sacks and the stamps and I took them home
  13. The Smurf workers have stuffed calendars into envelopes, I hope to get these in the post tomorrow (Gemma at the PO will NOT be pleased!!!)
  14. Now sold, locked
  15. Locked as pictures removed.
  16. Hey it's Jan, I'm grumpy! Hi Jan
  17. Locked as now marked as sold
  18. I've PM'd the stragglers they've got until the Calendars arrive tomorrow and that's it as far as I'm concerned.
  19. Those who haven't paid please do so ASAP, you are letting the side down now, we order the calendars in good faith and pay for them up front out of our own pockets so let's be seeing some moolah please chaps (mrt, this doesn't apply to you )
  20. Great news Niki, good luck with your search
  21. Thanks for the advice but this thread is over a year old
×
×
  • Create New...