Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. 10/4 on that. The part is also reliant on the pattern being correct,and fitting. If the original part the mould is taken from is rubbish,then it all just gets exaggerated when your making the parts from the mould. Its all down to quality of workmanship and care and attention to detail. Dont even get me started on carbon products! The amount I've spent on carbon which could go in the bin makes me angry thinking about it. Start carbon rant: Stuff which looks amazing new, and then after a few months the resin starts to go funny because it's cheap, and then when you see edges which have been filled with resin to make it the correct shape and they only become visible after a little bit. Proper pre preg carbon is safer, but waaay more expensive and few people use it. End rant.
  2. They erm, had a disagreement of the internet variety and had a forced 14 day hiatus from the forum
  3. Welcome back What did you do whilst you were.... "Off the forum" and "outside"
  4. This is a very good site: http://www.willtheyfit.com/
  5. A quick google search will also tell you that pretty much all wheels are round, not square, regardless of whether they're Rays or not TiN TiN - Have you found a car then? Or just looking at wheels in anitcipation? I've found one I'm going to see tomorrow. If I like, I'll buy but I don't like the standard wheels on it so definitely gonna be looking to get different ones.. Think I've got a lot to learn about wheels first :-/ This is what you're looking at for standards, you will want something with the same or lower offset (ET) and the same or higher alloy width (J) The tyre sizes will then either stay the same or change accordingly. Front Size: 18" x 8.0" Offset (ET) : + 30 mm Tyre: 225/45/18 Rear Size: 18" x 8.5"(J) Offset (ET): + 33 mm Tyre: 245/45/18 Hopefully this redeems my doushebaggery
  6. A quick google search will also tell you that pretty much all wheels are round, not square, regardless of whether they're Rays or not TiN TiN - Have you found a car then? Or just looking at wheels in anitcipation? THAT'S why the car rides so badly and I need so many revs to get it moving
  7. There are certain cars it's hard to get well fitting kits for, the MK4 supra is one, I've seen SO many with badly fitting front bumpers, mostly around the headlights. On the 350 as well it seems to be around the headlights a good kit sets itself apart from the bad ones.
  8. Alright smartypants, what does 'ET' actually stand for, and what does the 'J' refer to? ET, whilst I'm not sure on the actual meaning of the letters themselves, is the offset of the wheel ie how close to the centre line of the alloy the mounting face is and the J is the width of the alloy itself. It's not the fact that these weren't known, as everyone has to start somewhere, but a 30 second google would have probably provided the information far more quickly. Edit: Also, I wasn't actually meaning it was that much of a fail, I just thought it was cool he was lord Zedd
  9. When going 30 it will say you're going 28.893mph. A 40 profile on the rear will put the speedo out by -3.69% so not a huge amount at all. T/C will kick in a lot more. No it won't. A staggered set up means that as the fronts are narrower, they instinctively want to stay there, in the front. It's designed so that any billy can drive the car safely. Bearing in mind that if you don't have rays alloys you have a square set up anyway, I don't think it's going to affect the tcs, abs or any other safety system at all.
  10. They got your name wrong! It doesn't say " To Suits" it says some other name! Oh and Happy Birthday, looks like they know your breakfast habits well
  11. Happy new car parts day
  12. makes me think of jaffa cakes
  13. Happy birthday Mr Suits! Get the birthday breakfast up then!
  14. Cable ties here too
  15. Yep Daryl..agree. Great moulds are all well n good, but if the parts are popped from mould before cured, will be @*!# and twisted, Had it happen twice lately......once was my own fault for buying cheap, but the other was from a rep supplier. By the time I got around to checking supplied part, was too late to moan about it. Managed to fit both parts but a real ball ache. Further from this, taking care of the mould is also expensive. Getting the part out of the mould can damage the edges of it so you'll need to ensure that the mould is taken care of to ensure that no imperfections transfer into the end product. A lot of cheap parts are ok in the middle and the edges are where the part won't line up or will need a lot of work. Buy a cheap 350 bumper and have a look around the headlights at the lines, I'd put money on nothing lining up.
  16. AliveBoy

    350z undertray

    +1 here on the cable tied undertray!
  17. The 350 duck bill is beautiful!
  18. I'll share it on the Z foru.... oh wait! I'll put it on my FB So will I...... I'll share it with my colleagues Why don't you share it on your faceinvader Grundy?!
  19. Hopefully someone will pay you back in kind one day GLWTGA (Give Away )
  20. I'll share it on the Z foru.... oh wait! I'll put it on my FB
  21. AliveBoy

    Which Stubby?

    Honda S2000 ones don't fit quite right at the bottom, it's what I have and although it looks miles better than the bumper car aerial but if you're after perfection the RDX is the one to choose. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69409-genuine-honda-rdx-stubby-aerials-decal-15-delivered/
  22. Yeah, is there another one? I'll update the first post if so
×
×
  • Create New...