Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. Yeah, hence why I'd take a chute, I'd struggle with down more than up. When climbing I've found I don't really notice the height until I actually stop and take notice. Going down you're constantly aware of it!
  2. tried flyeyes on my headlights a few years back, it looked crap so I removed it.
  3. I think I'd do it if I could use it as a base jump using a tether all the way up, as you'd be ok (Ish!) if you fell... but not like that! They're crazy!
  4. Want a wedding present? Love one haha, can't beat a bgw!
  5. Japspeed have been out of stock for MONTHS, it's the only piece of Japspeed stuff I'd buy and use Edit: wrong post
  6. I did it on Indian
  7. So I had the suspension sorted this afternoon, took 2 hours! Then on the way home I hit a mahoosive pothole and my exhaust snapped the rear hanger! The thing is literally dragging on the floor now. Big hole in the top where the weld broke too. Guess what, it's now top of my fixing list
  8. Can't make it tonight guys. My b@stard exhaust bracket has just snapped and it's now dragging on the floor. I'm so p1ssed off! Really sorry, was looking forward to meeting you all
  9. Sounds like you might have the well documented lead right foot issue
  10. AliveBoy

    Sun strips

    Just buy some awesome sunglasses and look like a boss driving
  11. Now, we can't tell what caused the fish tail, but carrying too much weight can end really badly: 5 series towing a 3 series.
  12. Also, what the car can tow. A boxed in trailer would be around 800kg minimum, the z would be 1400kg +/- and the bike would add to that, depending on pedal or motor powered? So the gross weight would be over the 2000kg maximum braked tow weight of the 5 series
  13. Drifter excuses Pah! Hopefully will get a 4 wheel alignment at 1pm to fix the toe!
  14. Glad it didn't put you off, a lot of people would have been scared off with big issues. You've done more mechanical work on your car in the last few weeks than a lot of people do themselves in a few years well done Now enjoy her
  15. To be honest I've got no real idea what that is, what I'd look for, how to fit it to the existing system.. Buy something like this: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item335acf7e6a take it to a welder and get them to fit it into the exhaust. I had to do it a few months ago and it made a real difference All they will do is cut a section of exhaust out and weld this into its place. The boxes are really tightly packed so it will take a chunk off the DB level. It cost me £20 to have mine welded in
  16. It has removable bung things in it already Yikes! Does it have it's cats removed? If so, putting some back in might be a good option which wouldn't be too expensive. The Buddy club is a good exhaust, it would be a shame to get rid for the sake of noise levels
  17. buy some removable bungs for the tail pipes, it will enable you to keep the exhaust you want and will quieten it down nicely. It's about £30 for two and take about 20 seconds to fit each one
  18. Annoyance is with me! Had my -3 degrees of camber on the rears removed yesterday to make the car better, but they didn't change the toe settings so now the car feels like it's on marbles so unimpressed! Need to get it fixed before tonight or I'll be pretty rubbish!
  19. T virus? Wasn't that the cause of resident evil?!
  20. I'll be there about 5ish, starts at 6 I believe. Apparently there's quite a bit going on tomorrow. No idea what though
  21. I thought sliding was the idea not bumping That's why I picked Matchams and not arena essex
  22. Bumpedy bump
  23. Yes you can! Welcome along dude
  24. I rented a mustang from uscarhire.com about 18 months ago and they were really good, the car came from Alamo. I picked it up from LA airport and dropped it back off at Las Vegas airport to fly home and it was fine. I had to pay a fee as I'm under 25, but I didn't have to pay a one way surcharge etc. I had enough cover so that "as long as we get this bar code (taps window) back we don't care if that is all we get back" The people we went with flew on to new mexico on an internal flight, stayed there for a few days then back to LA to fly home. They didn't have any bother at all.
  25. Jack up the back end, and spin one wheel. If the other spins the same way, you have a LSD. If it spins the other way, you have an open diff or a broken lsd. Or, pull up on a quiet secluded road and drop the clutch, if you leave 11's you have a fully functioning LSD, if you leave a 1 you haven't
×
×
  • Create New...