Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. Thanks, sorry for the highjack
  2. Any advise on where to get this done please?
  3. No worries Trigger
  4. exactly Pete, you can see from the threads on here about parking/driving and what these cyclists must have to contend with unfortunately Who is Pete?
  5. their wives have bought them bikes for xmas, it's win win for the wives, gets them out of the house and a possibility of collecting on the life insurance Probably very true, but its the road bike thing, why the sudden rise to fame. I have usually found mountain bikers ok, there seems to be a, we are only on the road because we have to get to the next off road bit and dont really want to be here, but the road bikes as mentioned as else where seem to have this, well i can only describe it as "attitude", like car drivers shouldnt be there. To be honest, i think it would positively scare the daylights out of me being on a bike with some of the roads they were on yesterday!!!
  6. How random i come across this thread today! I went for a little spin yesterday to give the car a good run out and i was shocked by the amount of cyclists i came across out on the roads, ranging from round town to a and b roads. The thing that stuck me more was they were all racing bikes with mostly middle aged men on what was a pretty miserable day with very wet roads. Usually the sort of route i went yesterday you would encounter lots of muddy mountain bikers, is this a new phenomenon? And yes, i came across the two a breast and the ones riding in the middle of the lane!
  7. When the op posted the link they had one left in stock, presume this is the one moratia got
  8. Google seems to throw up a lot of images
  9. You would most likely be able to swap your projectors into those buddy as they look oem style
  10. Not sure the size that dude surfed would be for me, lol
  11. Absolutely, i would hate to be under that much scrutiny each and every day of my life! God knows why any of these lottery winners go public. I am sure quite a few on here work with very wealthy people and in my past i have too and i can safely say on the most part, in my experience, they are most miserable bunch of soulless ******* i have met. If thats what you get from being rich i wouldnt want it at all. This is exactly why I'd pick something like formula drift, you get to compete in the pinnacle of your sport, but away from it you're just a normal guy. Walking around a supermarket no-one is going to know you from the next guy. A lot of the people who would know your name wouldn't recognise you anyway as they've only ever seen you with a lid on Same for me and the pro surfer thing, no one would know you unless your into surfing and they are a pretty chilled bunch anyway, unless your Kelly Slater, its just about a lifestyle
  12. Absolutely, i would hate to be under that much scrutiny each and every day of my life! God knows why any of these lottery winners go public. I am sure quite a few on here work with very wealthy people and in my past i have too and i can safely say on the most part, in my experience, they are most miserable bunch of soulless ******* i have met. If thats what you get from being rich i wouldnt want it at all.
  13. I will admit i used to get very paranoid about starting the Rx7 and just moving it for example and it was frustrating, but its just the nature of the beast with rotaries which i was prepared to put up with as the prons outweighed the cons. I dont think the Rx8 is a bad car at all, if they are/were given a bit of tlc when new they will go on and on, i think the problem was probably more to do with the salesmen not making buyers aware of what the engine was all about, i think most people thought you could just drive them till the service intervals without a care. I do think Mazda shot themselves in the foot though with the reputation of the rotary, which wasnt that good anyway! Had the renesis rotary been a good one i reckon we would have seen a new Rx7 by now, but who would buy a rotary powered car now, unless it carried a very long guarantee! If the photos of the new Supra/FT1 are anything to go by, the new Zed is going to have to be something special.
  14. So life then Reading some of the comments on that link are terrible, people really do hate him dont they!
  15. Not familiar with amazon, can you ask the seller a question?
  16. I would just advertise it as above buddy, think you will get more interest. Whilst i like the matt look, its going to be a marmite car with the wrap and buyers will be naturally curious as to the condition under the wrap.
  17. Can i say neither Ben, keep it smooottthhhh
  18. That was fast ~ good news & someone got a bargain. It was me with the ones from ebay Dont like the fitting but have ordered a set of these from sgs, http://www.sgs-engin...ll-stud-bracket, so will mount to the wing to avoid cutting the trim, downside i have to drill two holes, maybe one, pending where i mount it Still cheap for under £50 all in and they look brand new Thanks for the link op Will put up a little thread once i have them fitted in case anyone else doesnt want to trim their covers
  19. Do you think they would stop public days?
  20. I would love to spray mine Midnight Purple, but the £4k price tag puts me off Bloody hell where are getting spraying and wrapping done? I good spray around here will cost around £2k and a good wrap will be about £1300. To the OP, if you're having second thoughts on your colour choice, why not sell yours and buy a black one? Surely the difference in price (if there is any) will be less than the £2k+ you'll spend on a respray or a bit less for a wrap? Where is this spray place I must visit, for that price! I've always been under the impression they are £3000-£4000+... I have done quite a few colour changes and never paid more than £2k, that includes door and boot shuts just not engine bay! All quality sprayers too, the only reason to pay £3k to £4k+ is i you are looking at extensive bodywork/bodykit or fancy paint. I have a feeling your down south Grundy, i can pass on a number if your looking
  21. I will echo what Kyle says, I would not pay to get my 350 colour changed to a standard option colour, I would only do either if I wanted something like Keysers. Sell it and buy the colour you want and put the £1500 or whatever it ends up costing to making it better, wheels, exhaust, map etc
  22. No, put the length of time you have actually owned the car, not something made up. That is an idiotic piece of advice. Lying to your insurance company is great.....till you have an accident and find out your insurance is void. I think you all took this the wrong way (Or I didn't explain myself properly)...I wasn't actually saying to buy a quote with this information. But you can't compare insurance on a brand new vehicle to you against one you have owned for 5 years. As the longer you have owned a car the cheaper insurance is. So I was saying to the OP to get a quote for the cube using the same timeframe of owning the Z....as this would give a fairer comparison. I have never in the history of my motoring had insurance decrease regardless how long i have owned a particular car, despite another years claim and conviction free motoring, it is in fact the complete opposite, i have to battle every year to even keep it the same I wont point fingers but i have just had a quote from a specialist for more than i am paying for my 350z import (owned 9 months)!
×
×
  • Create New...